[Asia] 2010 World Cup qualifying thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
People expect too much too quickly grass roots is where the problems lie a lot of good players loose there way from 15 to 18. Also a even deeper problem is coaches not allowing kids to express themselves enough at any age level on the field. Too much goes into to winning at all costs and this is where skill levels suffer.

It will take time, be patient and support the country you live in.
oh i no, but i feel there is also not enought money in football in general from grassroots to a league.

and i do support them

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
oh i no, but i feel there is also not enought money in football in general from grassroots to a league.

and i do support them
Look the league is too small but quality will suffer if more teams are let in. Its true, the quality is terrible skill levels are poor and it is horrible on the eye. There is no quick fix unfortunately the quality will only come from youth. Our biggest mistake was letting ENGLISHMAN coach our youth and our A-League clubs fuk winning I want to see quality football.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
has any 1 noticed the a league standards have dropped immensly?

we cant have this if we want to improve as a footballing nation....
People expect too much too quickly grass roots is where the problems lie a lot of good players loose there way from 15 to 18. Also a even deeper problem is coaches not allowing kids to express themselves enough at any age level on the field. Too much goes into to winning at all costs and this is were skill levels suffer.

It will take time, be patient.

and i do support them
Look the league is too small but quality will suffer if more teams are let in. Its true, the quality is terrible skill levels are poor and it is horrible on the eye. There is no quick fix unfortunately the quality will only come from youth. Our biggest mistake was letting ENGLISHMAN coach our youth and our A-League clubs fuk winning I want to see quality football.
Completely agreed about the grassroots aspect. That area of development has been lacking for years and honestly football as whole has been forgotten up until a few years ago.

Like it or not the A-League is serving a massive purpose and thats generating interest in the game again especially amongst the common and young people who haven't been as connected to the international game. Also it gives the hardcore supporters something to follow even though they will have more criticism about it.

The room for improvement is high and the FFA have to be very careful about it. Its not just grassroots but also with the overseas recruits and marquee players. The level of those players have deteriorated over the past two years. Then we get crap like Jade North getting marquee status over in north queensland! They need to address that or we will get more rubbish teams like Central Coast.

Some league games are certainly hard on the eye with the lack of simple skills but some were pretty good. The interest is there with crowds increasing in some areas and others staying consistent ( melbourne mainly). Its just the next step that important with the two new teams. If the FFA don't get it right then this league will be doomed. We all saw the difference between our teams and the Asian ones for example.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Completely agreed about the grassroots aspect. That area of development has been lacking for years and honestly football as whole has been forgotten up until a few years ago.

Like it or not the A-League is serving a massive purpose and thats generating interest in the game again especially amongst the common and young people who haven't been as connected to the international game. Also it gives the hardcore supporters something to follow even though they will have more criticism about it.

The room for improvement is high and the FFA have to be very careful about it. Its not just grassroots but also with the overseas recruits and marquee players. The level of those players have deteriorated over the past two years. Then we get crap like Jade North getting marquee status over in north queensland! They need to address that or we will get more rubbish teams like Central Coast.

Some league games are certainly hard on the eye with the lack of simple skills but some were pretty good. The interest is there with crowds increasing in some areas and others staying consistent ( melbourne mainly). Its just the next step that important with the two new teams. If the FFA don't get it right then this league will be doomed. We all saw the difference between our teams and the Asian ones for example.
Dude NSL served all these purposes. Its crowds were double the crowds that A League has ever produced during the home and away season.
And to think of all the quality players it produced, namely Viduka. I can't think of A League ever producing players like that. Its almost a joke to watch, its sad that Australian Football took such a step backwards in terms of development.
Its now a haven for "has beens" or Brazilians that couldn't make the cut.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
completely agree. they really have to remove the salary cap IMO.

i no they want to make it so all the teams have chance and studff but its just not Footbal IMO

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
i might be able to scab a ticket from my brother. It will be a good game for sure. 90,000 + very exciting.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I'm watching Adelaide vs some welsh club. This is the worst. They've had 20 corners and made contact with maybe 4. They have no idea how to move forward and this is supposed to be the "in form" team. These are a bunch of accountants and teachers they are playing.
By god, if they face Man U they will lose 10 - 0

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
LOL I don't get how A League clubs take themselves seriously.

I wonder how Gamba will go against Man U. They wouldn't play a near to full strength team would they?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Just got the tickets and i have no idea where i'm sitting. Somewhere in the reserved seating if am not mistaken.

You guys heard about the betting scandal with brebner, muscat, and moore? They fucking gave them fines! FINES and a suspension to brebner (4 games!) That is the biggest load of rubbish i ever heard. The last guy that i heard was doing this in Italy had a ban for 6 months if am not mistaken.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Just got the tickets and i have no idea where i'm sitting. Somewhere in the reserved seating if am not mistaken.

You guys heard about the betting scandal with brebner, muscat, and moore? They fucking gave them fines! FINES and a suspension to brebner (4 games!) That is the biggest load of rubbish i ever heard. The last guy that i heard was doing this in Italy had a ban for 6 months if am not mistaken.
Nice Sateeh, I am in the Japanese section!:rndh:

Its a joke what more can you say. Muscat should be banned for life just because the amount of careers he has destroyed much the same to Tiatto disgracefully bad tacklers.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Saudi Arabia [3 - 2] U.A.E.

4' [1 - 0] A. Autef
39' [1 - 1] M.A. Shehhi
45' [1 - 2] I. Matar
70' [2 - 2] F. Juma (o.g.)
83' [3 - 2] N. Hazazi

Wait, this name is so damn familiar to me. Help me Fred :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They aren't related though. Just similar names :p

On a more serious note, did you see Ismael Matar's goal today? :shocked:

That kid is quality. In fact he's the only decent player in the UAE side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)