[Asia] 2010 World Cup qualifying thread (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Don't they care about their national team? Having players playing in European clubs could make their NT improve.
And you tell me, what are the other Asian (non-Arabic) clubs' owners going to benefit from transferring their players to Europe?
its a matter of priorities, of course they care, but not half as much as they care about themselves and their clubs.

If they had the power they probably wouldnt let their players transfer clubs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
They were great tonight. They actually were the better side. The thing I couldn't manage to understand was that why their fans are too reluctant about their NT? They even didn't fill their small stadium. Iranians were more than them in their own stadium I guess.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
they don't give two hoots about footy here...if it wasn't for the Sheikhs buying the tickets, nobody would bother going to the games...it's absolutely free yet nobody bothers...I try to catch as many Al Ain home games as possible, but the people here couldn't care less

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They were great tonight. They actually were the better side. The thing I couldn't manage to understand was that why their fans are too reluctant about their NT? They even didn't fill their small stadium. Iranians were more than them in their own stadium I guess.
they don't give two hoots about footy here...if it wasn't for the Sheikhs buying the tickets, nobody would bother going to the games...it's absolutely free yet nobody bothers...I try to catch as many Al Ain home games as possible, but the people here couldn't care less

Ahmed beat me to it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm very pleased with Korea earning a fairly comfortable win over Saudi Arabia, whom we usually have a bit of trouble with. The team seems to be playing much better, and the greater experience our players are getting in European leagues seems to be paying off. At this rate we could actually get through the group stage at 2010 (should we get there :D)

Also nice to see Australia snatching the win at the death despite being dominated by Bahrain. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the match though :(

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Terrible performance by the Aussies but the 3 points is all that matters.
---------MP W D L Pts
Australia 3 3 0 0 9
Japan--- 3 2 1 0 7
Qatar---- 4 1 1 2 4
Bahrain-- 3 0 1 2 1
Uzbekistan 3 0 1 2 1

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm very pleased with Korea earning a fairly comfortable win over Saudi Arabia, whom we usually have a bit of trouble with. The team seems to be playing much better, and the greater experience our players are getting in European leagues seems to be paying off. At this rate we could actually get through the group stage at 2010 (should we get there :D)

Also nice to see Australia snatching the win at the death despite being dominated by Bahrain. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the match though :(
I wouldnt say it was comfortable, it wouldnt have happened if it were not for Hazzazi's red card. Plus the Saudis came into this game with so many injuries, their two top strikers were both out with injuries and so was their captain.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Terrible performance by the Aussies but the 3 points is all that matters.
---------MP W D L Pts
Australia 3 3 0 0 9
Japan--- 3 2 1 0 7
Qatar---- 4 1 1 2 4
Bahrain-- 3 0 1 2 1
Uzbekistan 3 0 1 2 1

Also nice to see Australia snatching the win at the death despite being dominated by Bahrain. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the match though :
(
forgot to comment on this game. Big performance by Bahrain and it warranted a 2-0 scoreline at least, but just like before the team does well only for one mistake to ruin all the good work. I didn't expect that performance especially as the socceroos had almost a full squad.

if the green and gold don't improve an ass kicking is around the corner from the japs.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
forgot to comment on this game. Big performance by Bahrain and it warranted a 2-0 scoreline at least, but just like before the team does well only for one mistake to ruin all the good work. I didn't expect that performance especially as the socceroos had almost a full squad.

if the green and gold don't improve an ass kicking is around the corner from the japs.
have you got tickets for Australia V Japan in June? I have mine :agree:

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
didn't know they were out yet but i will definitely check it out. You think it will be a sell out even though its at the G ?
They are selling very quickly not sure if there is much left. I have to sit in the Japan section because we wanted 8 seats and that was the best we could find.:rulz:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
They are selling very quickly not sure if there is much left. I have to sit in the Japan section because we wanted 8 seats and that was the best we could find.:rulz:
ohh fuck i better move my ass then and check those tickets. It will be great if close to 100,000 turn up in Melbourne while they don;t even fill out the SFS or suncorp in sydney and queensland.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
ohh fuck i better move my ass then and check those tickets. It will be great if close to 100,000 turn up in Melbourne while they don;t even fill out the SFS or suncorp in sydney and queensland.
If you have plans in going I would get my ass in gear. I can't wait its going to be massive 100,000 packed in one of the world best stadiums.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
i don't think we will win that one. We aren't half as strong as we were during the world cup... and i don't think we will be again for some time.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
If you have plans in going I would get my ass in gear. I can't wait its going to be massive 100,000 packed in one of the world best stadiums.
i will definitely check it out soon but i just to figure out how many of the guys are actually going to the game. I always thought that it won't fill out and i would be able to get tickets later.

If 100,000 come along the japanese will get a belting.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
One game mate anything can happen one bad game doesn't make you shit.

I just want Viduka back fit for this one.
I've never thought we were going to be ready for 2010. Players with experience (non A league) are starting to get old.

I would start Cahil and Josh Kennedy up front.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
has any 1 noticed the a league standards have dropped immensly?

we cant have this if we want to improve as a footballing nation....

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
has any 1 noticed the a league standards have dropped immensly?

we cant have this if we want to improve as a footballing nation....
People expect too much too quickly grass roots is where the problems lie a lot of good players loose there way from 15 to 18. Also a even deeper problem is coaches not allowing kids to express themselves enough at any age level on the field. Too much goes into to winning at all costs and this is were skill levels suffer.

It will take time, be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)