[Asia] 2010 World Cup qualifying thread (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The arab games was never serious .. and Tunisia is on par with Saudi Arabia imo .. and I would say that Saudi Arabia is better ..

but again as you said they don't have influential media so I don't know their team as much as i know mine .. from what I see of them they're really good .. and I actually thought they'll kick our asses in Germany .. but what do you know .. we almost won that game :)
I still dont know what happened in that game..Tunisia werent themselves at all..but if you saw their performance against Spain and Ukraine after that..you'd see what i mean..and not only that..IMO the level in Africa is light years ahead of Asia...which makes it very hard for them to dominate in their continent like Saudi Arabia does in Asia..

Algeria too have a very good team..

Saifi is ripping the Ligue 1 apart..and is by far one of the most talented arab players i have ever seen...a complete joy to watch..i watch Lorients games specifically for him..It pains me that most ppl here in the UAE havent even heard of him..and i expect this to be the case in most of the asian arab countries..

Ziani plays for Marseille and he was bought as a replacement for Ribery..he tore Liverpools defense to pieces, and ripped Riise a new arse hole..Was one of the best players in Ligue last season..but he also isnt known in the arab world

Belhadj, he was the best leftback in the French League last season..and he was bought as a replacement for Abidal in Lyon

The quality in players is evident...but i personally dont blame you..i dont of course expect you to watch the French League or those teams matches in Africa..but i watch both the Saudi team and those north african teams..and IMO the north africans are better..

Did you see the last Arab CL?? Setif - Ittihad? Setif - Nassr?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
I agree with the first part .. Africa has much more quality than Asia .. But that doesn't mean all teams in Africa can beat all teams in Asia .. just like Europe and South America .. the first has more quality but you don't see them running circles around every team in the latter :) ..

However, as you said I don't watch League 1 .. I just see the results, read some news and move on .. I can only agree with whatever you say because i can't state an opinion :)

Arab CL .. is just extra exhaustion and pressure on players .. i don't see any use of it .. but I saw Setif-Ittihad .. Itti sucked that game more than any other game I watched .. and I only watch Ittihad games :) ..

However, I can give you that .. Saudis are so full of themselves and their football .. and I believe we have ages to go .. and that I can't compare them with the likes of Cameroon or Nigeria of Yakini .. and I know for sure, if put in ANY other continent they will have a harder time qualifying to anything .. but the sure thing is we're "light years" ahead now from what we were 20 years ago .. and will still be going forward "hopefully" ..

About Tunisia .. I really admired that team and what they've done to Spain and Ukraine .. and I will always be happy for them if they win anything or qualify to anything :) ..

Btw.. what happened to Morocco, if you know, they're not at all what they were in the 1990s ? ...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I agree with the first part .. Africa has much more quality than Asia .. But that doesn't mean all teams in Africa can beat all teams in Asia .. just like Europe and South America .. the first has more quality but you don't see them running circles around every team in the latter :) ..
I'm not saying all that, but its good you acknowledged that it would be harder to qualify in Africa..i know lots of Saudis here, and i couldnt even squeeze that admission from even one of them so +rep for being objective mate;)

Btw.. what happened to Morocco, if you know, they're not at all what they were in the 1990s ? ...
they were going in the right direction from 2003-2005..with Badou Zaki..who rebuilt the team, and introduced some new youngsters..they were mesmerising in the 2004 African cup..the best team imo and they deserved to win the cup..but the Fa fired Zaki when he missed out on qualifying to the WC and they've been going downhill ever since.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
I'm not saying all that, but its good you acknowledged that it would be harder to qualify in Africa..i know lots of Saudis here, and i couldnt even squeeze that admission from even one of them so +rep for being objective mate;)

they were going in the right direction from 2003-2005..with Badou Zaki..who rebuilt the team, and introduced some new youngsters..they were mesmerising in the 2004 African cup..the best team imo and they deserved to win the cup..but the Fa fired Zaki when he missed out on qualifying to the WC and they've been going downhill ever since.
Thanks .. and about Saudis .. already told you they're full of themselves .. :p

and Moroccans .. shame, I would really like them back as a power in Africa ..

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Btw, anybody catch this story? Talk about f'ed up...

I mean, the conspiracy theorists have a lot of ammo here. But if it wasn't intentional, it has to be among the biggest boneheaded footie stories of the year:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7444417.stm

Syrian anthem played for Lebanese

Saudi Arabian football authorities are investigating an error that led to the Syrian national anthem being played before a match against Lebanon.

Several Lebanese players were visibly angry when the wrong anthem was played before Saturday's game, reports say.

Officials at the stadium quickly realised their mistake, and eventually played the correct national anthem before the World Cup qualifying clash.

Lebanon went on to lose the match in the Saudi capital Riyadh, 2-1.

Syrian influence in Lebanon remains one of the most divisive issues there.

Tensions in Lebanon between the opposition movement led by Hezbollah, which is backed by Iran and Syria, and the pro-Western government erupted into violence last month.

More than 65 people were killed as street battles raged in and around the capital Beirut.

But the rival factions later pulled the situation back from the brink to reach a new power-sharing agreement leading to a national unity government after talks in the Qatari capital, Doha.
:doh:

But I did like this quote from the box :lol2: :

ANTHEM GAFFES
Nov 2007: English singer inadvertently sings about his penis being a mountain during a version of the Croat anthem before a game against England

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
did no one stop the PA guy when he fucked up? was he stoned to death afterwards? did the lebanese players sing along to the syrian anthem?? did joanie really love chachi???

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
UAE - Iran

What a shame, UAE deserved to win this game, but they have to be professional and finish their chances. They thought they won the game at 1-0 and were punished by an experienced Irani side. Ismael Matar and Ismael El Hamadi are big talents in the arab game, they ripped Irans defence to shreds today.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
UAE - Iran

What a shame, UAE deserved to win this game, but they have to be professional and finish their chances. They thought they won the game at 1-0 and were punished by an experienced Irani side. Ismael Matar and Ismael El Hamadi are big talents in the arab game, they ripped Irans defence to shreds today.
Yup. UAE was far better than us but they lacked a finisher. Ismael Matar is indeed a big talent. Why is he still playing in Asia?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Because in Arab countries, dictatorship is extended to sports as well.
I thought it's only Saudi which is too strict about sending their players to Europe. Mohamed Al Deayea, Nawaf Al Temyat and Yasser Al Qahtani were all had the chance to be transfered to an abroad club. What's the point btw? It's too absurd.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I thought it's only Saudi which is too strict about sending their players to Europe. Mohamed Al Deayea, Nawaf Al Temyat and Yasser Al Qahtani were all had the chance to be transfered to an abroad club. What's the point btw? It's too absurd.

In gulf countries, Sheiks own the clubs, what are they going to benefit from their players leaving them and going to Europe?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
In gulf countries, Sheiks own the clubs, what are they going to benefit from their players leaving them and going to Europe?
Don't they care about their national team? Having players playing in European clubs could make their NT improve. And you tell me, what are the other Asian (non-Arabic) clubs' owners going to benefit from transferring their players to Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)