[Asia] 2010 World Cup qualifying thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    But we'll end up second in the group. That's fine with me. We should keep it like this with hope that one day we will make it to the second qualification round.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    But we'll end up second in the group. That's fine with me. We should keep it like this with hope that one day we will make it to the second qualification round.
    Yeah, I know our hopes in taking a first place isn't that big, but at least hope we can performe against them. That would make me happy.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    No offence to the Saudis here but IMO Saudi Arabia is really overrated..they'd never stand a chance of qualifying to the WC if they were part of Africa..and IMO most of the north african countries are much better than them.

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    No offence to the Saudis here but IMO Saudi Arabia is really overrated..they'd never stand a chance of qualifying to the WC if they were part of Africa..and IMO most of the north african countries are much better than them.
    Non taken .. the thing is .. you can't compare .. but the way i see it .. we're better than Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt .. so ya we are better than north african countries ..

Question is, are we better than other african nations .. let's say Cote D'Ivoir ? i guess not ...

doesn't matter .. we're among the best in Asia .. and that's who we should compare ourselves with .. at least now ..

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Non taken .. the thing is .. you can't compare .. but the way i see it .. we're better than Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt .. so ya we are better than north african countries ..

Question is, are we better than other african nations .. let's say Cote D'Ivoir ? i guess not ...

doesn't matter .. we're among the best in Asia .. and that's who we should compare ourselves with .. at least now ..
    I dont agree...IMO theres a big difference between Saudi Arabia and those teams you mentioned..who i dont think you've seen enough of...Even the difference in players is devastating...Problem is, countries like Algeria, Tunisia and Morroco dont have influential media like the saudis..which is why you dont hear much about the likes of Ziani , Saifi , Belhadj , Sektaoui , Boukhari , Jaziri , Karkouri and Nafti..who IMO are one of the best arab players currently.

Did you watch the arab games in Egypt??

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    I dont agree...IMO theres a big difference between Saudi Arabia and those teams you mentioned..who i dont think you've seen enough of...Even the difference in players is devastating...Problem is, countries like Algeria, Tunisia and Morroco dont have influential media like the saudis..which is why you dont hear much about the likes of Ziani , Saifi , Belhadj , Sektaoui , Boukhari , Jaziri , Karkouri and Nafti..who IMO are one of the best arab players currently.

Did you watch the arab games in Egypt??
    The arab games was never serious .. and Tunisia is on par with Saudi Arabia imo .. and I would say that Saudi Arabia is better ..

but again as you said they don't have influential media so I don't know their team as much as i know mine .. from what I see of them they're really good .. and I actually thought they'll kick our asses in Germany .. but what do you know .. we almost won that game :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)