Arthur - CM - Barcelona (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If he is healthy, he and Bentancur are 2 key pieces towards a young, dynamic midfield. Now, if they get that other kid from Lyon (name escapes me), this squad is suddenly a lot younger.

Especially if, in a perfect world, De Ligt and Demiral are the 1st choice pairings going forward. Because there is absolutely no way that DeLigt should lose his starting spot right now.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I don’t see how he fits unless he plays in a different role from the one he has been playing throughout his Juve career. They already have Busquets and Frenkie De Jong for that holding role which means he either plays LCM or RCM. Currently, I guess they only have Vidal or Roberto for those places so a midfield of DeJong - Busquets -Pjanic/Rakitic/Vidal doesn’t look too bad although 4 out of 5 of those are over 30.

Barca reportedly sanctioned this whole operation to be in positives before the end of the financial year, by getting Arthur off their books as they’re struggling. This is supposedly why they’ll wait till after June 30 (end of financial year) to sign Pjanic. Financially tactical move from both clubs.
Will be official before or after June 30?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He can dribble and push the ball forward. Thank God - let's hope he does it here.

- - - Updated - - -

If he is healthy, he and Bentancur are 2 key pieces towards a young, dynamic midfield. Now, if they get that other kid from Lyon (name escapes me), this squad is suddenly a lot younger.

Especially if, in a perfect world, De Ligt and Demiral are the 1st choice pairings going forward. Because there is absolutely no way that DeLigt should lose his starting spot right now.
Aouar.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
I don’t think they’ll sign Pjanic till after that date to balance the books if I’m not mistaken. Both clubs are helping each other financially here

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t think they’ll sign Pjanic till after that date to balance the books if I’m not mistaken. Both clubs are helping each other financially here

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

I think its the exact opposite, Barca need to sign Pjanic before June 30 to balance the 2019-2020 books.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Or saw one of your posts and concluded that lol
my bet is that he caught one of your very rare smug "i called it" moments:
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/miralem-pjanić.42524/page-306#post-6051264
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/miralem-pjanić.42524/page-309#post-6057051

can you confirm that members of the smart populace easily recognize each other? i bet that barca toaster is in your league lol

then again, based on your posts, matuidi has been our best midfielder since forever, so there's that too

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Agreed. What's concerning will also be his motivation to play for us. Hopefully he'll be professional
Well he is just a sub par footballer anyway. Of course he would wanna stay in the easy Spanish farmer league where you can binge eat tapas and warm the bench to get paid. Now at Juve, he probably has To put in hours of practice to perfect back passeswith khedira.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
my bet is that he caught one of your very rare smug "i called it" moments:
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/miralem-pjanić.42524/page-306#post-6051264
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/miralem-pjanić.42524/page-309#post-6057051

can you confirm that members of the smart populace easily recognize each other? i bet that barca toaster is in your league lol

then again, based on your posts, matuidi has been our best midfielder since forever, so there's that too
A Matuidi is needed for that role and he's the best we have. He has had good and bad patches. And the next player we sign should be an upgrade.

I had said Pjanic won't be WC under Sarri but will do better given short passing is his strength. I was wrong. I also said Bentancur is the future in that role and already looked better than Pjanic.

I don't think said poster made a quick Google like you did. Prolly just saw one of your Pjanic vs Arthur analyses. 3+ yrs of consistency lol.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #359
    So far I see a guy with groin problems and plays it safe.

I'm not a fan but of course I hope this deal favours us and the player develops and stays healthy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)