Argentine defender Gonzalo Rodríguez to go to Juve? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by magosantana81 ] ++

P.S.: -Z-, did you know that Benicio del Toro bought the rights to a story of Che Guevara a long while ago and will play the role of him in a future movie? Yes, I also have insiders in Hollywood :D Well, not really in Hollywood in the case of a Benicio del Toro, but you understand ;)

from who:confused: the Che..?:p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I just read on a site that players like Robinho, Diego and Tevez were a bit dissapointing in the preolimpico tournament but new stars emerged like Paraguay's keeper Diego Barreto, Chile's striker José Luis Villanueva and Argentina's defender GONZALO RODRIGUEZ.

MOVE FAST Moggi before we let another one go.

http://ar.news.yahoo.com/040124/10/acvw.html

Aug 1, 2003
well after reading the posts it seems that Juventus DOES have the priority to Gonzalo Rodriguez, and it does seem that he is good, so I sincerely hope we'll get him.

PLUS HE'S NOT CUP TIED :D :D :D

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by magosantana81 ] ++

P.S.: -Z-, did you know that Benicio del Toro bought the rights to a story of Che Guevara a long while ago and will play the role of him in a future movie? Yes, I also have insiders in Hollywood :D Well, not really in Hollywood in the case of a Benicio del Toro, but you understand ;)
what the hell do you not know man :wth: :D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
hopefully rodriguez will bring a stop to rubbish like that:yuck:
That's not real likely. The only thing that will stop "rubbish like that" is a decent midfield and a healthy Tudor back in the central defence. I expect that Maresca will be played in CM more, and Tudor and Thuram will start to be our central defence pairing. I think that Lippi realises that Pessotto-Thuram-Tudor-Zamby is probably the best line-up we have at this point. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt for Buffon to start playing like the most expensive keeper ever.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Another goal from Santana yesterday against Brescia. He was the Man Of The Match. Mago must be happy. hehe
The guy is not that bad. Could replace Camoranesi in my book if he continues performing like that. But is he good defensively? You know, with Lippi you have to be aware of your defensive duties. :D

So Mago, did Gonzalo make the trip back to Argentina or he went directly to Torino? ;)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt for Buffon to start playing like the most expensive keeper ever.
to quote the commentator:
"he may be the most expensive keeper and undoubtedly is one of the best,but he sometimes does things that make him look like an amateur."

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
to quote the commentator:
"he may be the most expensive keeper and undoubtedly is one of the best,but he sometimes does things that make him look like an amateur."
:LOL: True...true...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
4 days left and nothing, zilch, squat, rien, niente, nada.... :D
IMO Ferrari will arrive. He is the best defender we can buy at the moment cause he is already used to Italian soccer and Sserie A. He is very good IMO!

About Santana: yep he rocks! But surely he is not up to move anyweare, maybe in summer...

OP
Dec 17, 2003
  • Thread Starter #299
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    Anyways, what LAC ment was that one of his friends heard on a TV Show on the Brazilian national TV that Diego's (Diego from Santos) father/manager or whatever said that he has a signed pre-contract with Juventus.
    Mmmm, -Z- I don't have as many sources in Brazil, so I couldn't tell you... ;)
    Anyway, as I see them, pre-contracts are bulls*it! There's nothing for sure until the player signs the actual contract. And if Juve is thinking of signing Diego based on his performances in the recent Preolímpico, well I have to assume Juventus doesn't really have any scouts. This guy, like Tevez, was a complete failure and is beginning to earn a reputation as one of those players who disappears whenever his team needs him the most.

cough cough last Libertadores final against Boca cough the whole Preolimpico and particularly the matches against Argentina and Paraguay cough cough

I really can't believe how he was chosen second best player of the Preolimpico! :rolleyes: while Argentina didn't have a player on the podium of best players. They chose Ferreyra fifth best player :mad: And they probably forgot about Gonzalo Rodríguez because he's a defender. Duh!

Oh, and by the way, kaizer, don't worry, I'm not biased... I try to be as objective as possible... But what can I say? If Gonzalo is a hell of a player and just happens to be the best player in San Lorenzo together with our playmaker Romagnoli, I must say it. If he were bad, I wouldn't mind admitting it. Don't think I'm interested in him going to Juve because I'm not. Actually, I wish he stayed in San Lorenzo forever!

Great news. So it will be probably over tomorrow and confirmed Monday by Juve and San Lorenzo. I HOPE SO. hehe
    I hope we don't LOAN him. He's too good from what you say.
    Mmmm, sorry mark77, as I announced in the sub-heading, it seems the transfer has cooled again. Gonzalo came with the rest of the U-23 team yesterday morning. San Lorenzo's coach gave him a week off considering that he hasn't had a rest for two years and it seems he will stay in our club for another six months. Moreover, our vice-president finally admitted to the press that Juventus hasn't phoned back again since the first hiatus... Now what seems more likely is that Gonzalo goes to England, but San Lorenzo's policy is to negotiate directly with the clubs that are interested and won't sell a player first to an agent so that they collocate him in a club because what happens often is that you sell a player to an agent for let's say 10 dollars and then the agent magically re-sells him for 20 or 30. Besides, they want to be sure who they are dealing with. Otherwise, you have a player like Figueroa who was sold to one of these agents who placed him in a second-class team like Birmingham City where he only played 30 minutes.

++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    from who the Che..?
    HA! No, of course, not! He bought the rights to one of the most famous biographic stories of Che Guevara.

I just read on a site that players like Robinho, Diego and Tevez were a bit dissapointing in the preolimpico tournament but new stars emerged like Paraguay's keeper Diego Barreto, Chile's striker José Luis Villanueva and Argentina's defender GONZALO RODRIGUEZ.
    Good student, mark77! I see you've been doing some research! By the way, do you speak Spanish too or you had to translate that one?

Oh, by the way, let me tell you all that Gonzalo was also picked MAN OF THE MATCH against Chile by both Clarín and Olé with 8 points! And both newspapers also considered him the best Argentinean player of the Preolimpico. Clarín also asked our coach who the best player of the Preolimpico was and he said he didn't agree with the press who didn't vote for a player of Argentina which happened to win the tournament. Then the journalist commented that Gonzalo had had a stupendous tournament and Bielsa said: "I agree"

I'm surprised Hydde here didn't praise Gonzalo at all (specially after the second round games) considering that he got to see all the games. While Tevez was a complete failure and didn't fulfil the expectations of all those who were raving about him, Gonzalo maintained the same level he showed in San Lorenzo and in the U-20 National Team.

++ [ originally posted by Dj Juve ] ++
    what the hell do you not know man
    I don't know s*it about Dj's, techo and dance music! :D But I love punk rock as you can gather from my signature! :D :D

Another goal from Santana yesterday against Brescia. He was the Man Of The Match. Mago must be happy. hehe
    The guy is not that bad. Could replace Camoranesi in my book if he continues performing like that. But is he good defensively? You know, with Lippi you have to be aware of your defensive duties.
    What do you mean "he's not that bad"???? :shocked: That guy is a hidden jewel in Serie A! We fans of San Lorenzo are still cursing our stupid management because they let him go (they gave him his transfer for free in a very bogus negotiation) and we didn't get a sucky penny! Now he's one of the revelations in Calcio and a soon-to-be star in our National Team. If you ask me, he's better than Camoranesi, he has better dribbling skills and a better kicking as well. And he can play both the left and right midfielder. Is he good defensively? Well, when he was in San Lorenzo defending wasn't in his vocabulary but it seems he has adapted well. Playing in Serie B for Palermo must have done him very well. Only with Lippi? I thought every Italian coach was concerned first about defensive duties and then just then and if there's time about the offensive duties :D :D :D cough dear catenaccio cough

By the way, rumour has it that Trappatoni had asked if he could take Santana to the Azzurri but unluckily for him Mario has already played in the U-20 team for us :) Though I heard that FIFA is now saying that player's U-20 history won't count anymore...

Anyway, could you imagine an Italian midfield with Santana and Camoranesi on the wings!? I'd certainly be jealous! Moreover, could you imagine a Juve midfield with Santana on the left and Camoranesi on the right? And the best of all is that they could suddenly switch positions in the middle of the match and surprise all defenses!

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    HAHA I was kidding about Santana not bad. :D I know he's very good. To bad we don't buy great players. :(
    I know how to read Spanish and I think that's what I read in the article about Diego, Robinho and cie.....

So Gonzalo may go to England? Damn it!!! Moggi should be hung. :mad::mad::mad:
    I GIVE UP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)