Antonio Conte (58 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Don’t agree with this take at all.

Since Conte left, we went from having a very good team to a superpower and one of the top 4 teams in Europe. Yes, we’ve sold some big players along the way, but he’s always re-upped the team well and our depth this year is ridiculous. Strongest squad we’ve had since the Capello days.
the leaps in quality we made in Marrotta's first years were way bigger with way less resources. I'm not saying he's doing bad, but he's not fully living up to his standards lately :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
the leaps in quality we made in Marrotta's first years were way bigger with way less resources. I'm not saying he's doing bad, but he's not fully living up to his standards lately :p
It was easier for us to make leaps in quality when you see the utter shit he inherited from Secco to start with He done an amazing job shedding the club of the bidoni and lowering the average age of the squad, and signing some great free agents (Pirlo) and upcoming future superstars (Vidal).

It’s a real cliche, but it’s hard to improve this Juventus squad. Maybe only in the RB and CM areas, but everywhere else we are rock solid and loaded with quality.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It was easier for us to make leaps in quality when you see the utter shit he inherited from Secco to start with He done an amazing job shedding the club of the bidoni and lowering the average age of the squad, and signing some great free agents (Pirlo) and upcoming future superstars (Vidal).

It’s a real cliche, but it’s hard to improve this Juventus squad. Maybe only in the RB and CM areas, but everywhere else we are rock solid and loaded with quality.
well the things he did at his first few years were not easy either, yet he did them, I didn't think it'd be possible for him to outperform Moggi, but in a way he did. I'm just saying the last few windows have always felt unfinished and not quite as miraculous. still very good though, I wouldn't trade Beppe for anyone else

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
His abrasive personality really starts to wear down on his teams after a season or two. I think he stayed at Juve for 3 years cause we supported him through his match fixing trial, otherwise he'd leave after just a couple of seasons.

May 26, 2016
His abrasive personality really starts to wear down on his teams after a season or two. I think he stayed at Juve for 3 years cause we supported him through his match fixing trial, otherwise he'd leave after just a couple of seasons.
This. He is like a fuel tank. He brings passion and motivation in the start. After that is gone he has problems to adjust and establish a philosophy that goes beyond "grinta".

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
This. He is like a fuel tank. He brings passion and motivation in the start. After that is gone he has problems to adjust and establish a philosophy that goes beyond "grinta".
But how many coaches can you name that have been going excellent for more than a few years in a row? Ancelotti had his ups and downs at Milan, same as Guardiola at Barca and Fergie at ManUtd. Of course it remains to be seen how Conte would do in his 4th or 5th year in a club and if he'd be able to turn some things around and get the team back on track, but winning treble after treble is possible only in the Fr3sh fantasy scenarios where Guti >>> Zidane.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Lol what! It was Juve who got him to take the plea bargain and evidently that stain will remain with him.

May 26, 2016
But how many coaches can you name that have been going excellent for more than a few years in a row? Ancelotti had his ups and downs at Milan, same as Guardiola at Barca and Fergie at ManUtd. Of course it remains to be seen how Conte would do in his 4th or 5th year in a club and if he'd be able to turn some things around and get the team back on track, but winning treble after treble is possible only in the Fr3sh fantasy scenarios where Guti >>> Zidane.
Not many, every coach has ups and downs. Conte too. My point here was that there is a pattern to his coaching. Im not saying he is a failure, i just listed some of his weaker atributes as a coach. If you watch Chelsea games its very obvious at times.

Anyways, he won the PL in his first season, did a good job with us. So respect to him. Just dont think he is at the very top. I rate Allegri much more.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Not many, every coach has ups and downs. Conte too. My point here was that there is a pattern to his coaching. Im not saying he is a failure, i just listed some of his weaker atributes as a coach. If you watch Chelsea games its very obvious at times.

Anyways, he won the PL in his first season, did a good job with us. So respect to him. Just dont think he is at the very top. I rate Allegri much more.
Dunno, I'd be interested to see what he can do with a real top team like this Juve, then we'd be able to tell if he is or isn't at the very top. We're several transfer windows later since he signed for them and his Chelsea side still looks below par compared to European elite, just like the Juve sides he managed were a work in progress. Sure, some of it is his fault, but he hasn't been in charge of an elite team.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I think he's one of the best coaches in Juve history. The difference he made in his first season has to be one the best examples of impact a coach can make. Players like Barzagli, Bonucci, Pirlo and Marchisio really florished under him.

I think he could've done better tactically if we signed him better players. Lets not remember we signed the likes of Bendtner, Anelka and that LB from Atalanta who was the epotime of the modern defender. We kinda forced him to play his 352

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I think he's one of the best coaches in Juve history. The difference he made in his first season has to be one the best examples of impact a coach can make. Players like Barzagli, Bonucci, Pirlo and Marchisio really florished under him.

I think he could've done better tactically if we signed him better players. Lets not remember we signed the likes of Bendtner, Anelka and that LB from Atalanta who was the epotime of the modern defender. We kinda forced him to play his 352
Conte's biggest flaw at Juve was he could not make sub's at the right times

The Bayern game just sticks out in my mind so much, the game was shifting away from us and Bayern were starting to dominate and at 0-0 we are still holding on

As soon as they score then he makes a sub but it is too late the game has already swung their way with the momentum from the goal

Maybe it was inexperience at the highest level from him at the time

Oh and also sticking with 5 defenders against teams that park the bus and allow us easy possession

Should switch to a back 4 immediately and get Chiellini as far away as possible from touching a football

I still have nightmares when Chiellini was our playmaker in those games

Despite those flaws he is still one of our greatest coaches and I wouldn't have a bad word to say about him as our manager

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)