Antonio Conte (51 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I bet Roma, Lazio and Milan fans are super dissappointed they missed out on so many scudettos whilee they had Vucinic, Licht and Pirlo with them

- - - Updated - - -

If you think about it, I think at one point Udinese had Quags, Asa and Isla balling at their absolute best, that basically guarantees you an undefeated season if not Serie A points record. Must be the biggest choke job ever
and Alexis Sanchez

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Our scudetto was fully deserved, but to be fair to Milan, injuries destroyed them that season. Plus they weren't really that good anyway, Ibra, TSilva and a bunch of guys about to retire/mediocre scrubs
:tup:

That was a terrible Milan team with two superstar players. And guys like KPB and Nocerino (lol) playing about 10 levels higher than their actual ability. We had the much better overall squad at the time for sure.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What the hell has this guy done to this club :lol:

Incredible and astonishing season do far when you factor in what a nightmare the past 2 or 3 years have been.
What can I say?! This man has left me speechless! In complete honesty I had very little faith in him, in fact I was even afraid that Juve would turn into another Liverpool because of the way things were going since '06.

Conte had a COLOSSAL task in front of him; a demoralized side, average players, incompetant management, low funds and the entire league against him. And look at what he accomplished! Undefeated in all competition, brought beautiful football to us, CL football and re-sparked fear into our opponents hearts. Unbeliveable! I truly do believe that Conte is a phenomenal coach! If he manages to shock Europe the same way he traumatized Italy then he's the best coach in world! Mourinho who? Pep who? Ferguson who? Conte will silence Mou, make Pep cry and force Fergie into retirement!

FORZA CONTE!
:tup:

That was a terrible Milan team with two superstar players. And guys like KPB and Nocerino (lol) playing about 10 levels higher than their actual ability. We had the much better overall squad at the time for sure.
Aaah hindsight and this took me 2 minutes to unearth, I'm sure i can find more damning posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Fr3Sh's footballing opinions are like a lingering cancer that refuses to kill you or go away.
I call it drunk whore syndrome, attention seeking at its crassest

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Beppe and Paratici made a series of what were, in hindsight, brilliant transfers that summer, but no one had any idea that a washed up Pirlo would be the best CM in football in 2011-12, no one had any idea that Vidal would go from very good CM to top 5 CM in football. No one had any idea that's Lichtsteiner would turn into a WC RB, and Barza would become a WC CB. No one had any idea that an attack led by Matri and Vucinic could compete with Milan's Zlatan, Napoli's Cavani, Inter's Milito, etc. Beppe and Paratici brought in half a team between January 2011 and Summer 2011 mercatos. Without spending more than like 20m on any single player. And pretty much every Juve fan's best hope was for a CL spot because of this.

Now, some of those above things may have happened with any decent coach... a couple of them. And we may have finished in a CL spot. But for Conte to turn all those unknowns into gold that season and go undefeated was an absolute masterpiece of coaching, both tactically and motivationally.

You can find some of his personality traits obnoxious, some of his statements quite ridiculous, his later stubbornness infuriating at times... but downplaying the incredible things he achieved in his 3 years as coach here is beyond stupid.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Very very very few coaches in the last 15 years could have done what Conte did in his first year here. In fact, the only one that I can think of that could have done it, would have been a young Mourinho.

The question that remains, and will always remain, is what if.

What if Conte didn't leave after 3 seasons. What kind of squad would we have had, and what could he have done with it.

Would the quality of players brought in ( and sold) in the past 4 years be similar to what has been done since he left? It's very possible. There would have been star signings for sure. The quality and the spending was trending upwards when he left. No reason to think it would have plateaued.

- - - Updated - - -

And it's one thing to debate as to who the better coach is, but it takes a special kind of stupid to downplay what Conte did here, especially in his first year

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Very very very few coaches in the last 15 years could have done what Conte did in his first year here. In fact, the only one that I can think of that could have done it, would have been a young Mourinho.

What if Conte didn't leave after 3 seasons. What kind of squad would we have had, and what could he have done with it.

Would the quality of players brought in ( and sold) in the past 4 years be similar to what has been done since he left? It's very possible. There would have been star signings for sure. The quality and the spending was trending upwards when he left. No reason to think it would have plateaued.

- - - Updated - - -

And it's one thing to debate as to who the better coach is, but it takes a special kind of stupid to downplay what Conte did here, especially in his first year
:agree:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:
A mature Alex Ferguson could probably do it. I'm not so sure about Mourinho.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Beppe and Paratici made a series of what were, in hindsight, brilliant transfers that summer, but no one had any idea that a washed up Pirlo would be the best CM in football in 2011-12, no one had any idea that Vidal would go from very good CM to top 5 CM in football. No one had any idea that's Lichtsteiner would turn into a WC RB, and Barza would become a WC CB. No one had any idea that an attack led by Matri and Vucinic could compete with Milan's Zlatan, Napoli's Cavani, Inter's Milito, etc. Beppe and Paratici brought in half a team between January 2011 and Summer 2011 mercatos. Without spending more than like 20m on any single player. And pretty much every Juve fan's best hope was for a CL spot because of this.

Now, some of those above things may have happened with any decent coach... a couple of them. And we may have finished in a CL spot. But for Conte to turn all those unknowns into gold that season and go undefeated was an absolute masterpiece of coaching, both tactically and motivationally.

You can find some of his personality traits obnoxious, some of his statements quite ridiculous, his later stubbornness infuriating at times... but downplaying the incredible things he achieved in his 3 years as coach here is beyond stupid.
Agree, but Vidal was a top CM before he came here, one of the best BL players and wanted by Bayern for a reason. He peaked in 2013, but was close to him 1st season Juve level when he was still in Leverkusen

Apr 19, 2007

Whats funnier is people still doubting his ability to bring in players year after year. Almost comical. Itslike he understands the team dynamic and players abilities over hype. He has messed up very few key purchases but unfortunately Higgy might be bad

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Whats funnier is people still doubting his ability to bring in players year after year. Almost comical. Itslike he understands the team dynamic and players abilities over hype. He has messed up very few key purchases but unfortunately Higgy might be bad
Well that ability is diminishing recently, Beppe started out like a genius, but during the Allegri years he's slowed down a lot imo.

My favorite deal of his was selling Matri to Milan for 11m and bringing in Tevez for 9m. Funniest thing, Galliani and the entire Milan fanbase had been fapping to Tevez for years and then he joins us and we send Matri the flop their way :lol:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Well that ability is diminishing recently, Beppe started out like a genius, but during the Allegri years he's slowed down a lot imo.

My favorite deal of his was selling Matri to Milan for 11m and bringing in Tevez for 9m. Funniest thing, Galliani and the entire Milan fanbase had been fapping to Tevez for years and then he joins us and we send Matri the flop their way :lol:
Don’t agree with this take at all.

Since Conte left, we went from having a very good team to a superpower and one of the top 4 teams in Europe. Yes, we’ve sold some big players along the way, but he’s always re-upped the team well and our depth this year is ridiculous. Strongest squad we’ve had since the Capello days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)