Antonio Conte (46 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
102 points record meaningless... Honestly you too? Compared to what , a freaking Europa league final? Same competition we laugh at Pogba for playing in?
Of course it's meaningless. Did we get 2 scudetti for reaching that very important record?

But sure, it's way better than winning a european trophy in your own stadium :baus:

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
his subs werent great and came late, he only changed to 433 in the last 15 minutes, and only because he didnt have neither any time nor any other choice. Gio-Bonucci (decent sub, but should have happened much earlier considering they were with 10 men. could have left Bonucci on though and take off Barzagli, since Leo is more useful on corners), Osvaldo for Llorente (that was an OK sub, Nando wasnt good that game), and the last one Marchisio for Vidal (no idea what he tried to do with this one, but since he had Vucinic on the bench and we were chasing a goal, should have definitely put him on instead).

and seriously, who cares about a record when you can win another trophy, an international one at that? i thought it was good we threw away the game vs Roma in the Coppa, so we can focus on the scudetto and EL, but come semifinal we dont rest any starters before these important games despite having good enough lead on the table. ill never forgive him not beating or even being able to score once vs 10man Benfica at home.
I might be wrong but I think his sub happened right after the sending off.

Who cares? Believe it or not many do. Not only it was a historic record but it stamped our domination once again, crushed our competition and took away any belief mid to bottom table teams had of taking any points off us.
It was from then that we had the confidence once again and were able to play 2nd gear and "conserve energy" for most of league matches. Some of you need to be constantly reminded where we came from.

- - - Updated - - -

It was the chance to play a European final in our home stadium. When will we ever get a chance to do that again? We laugh at Pogba because he moved from a CL contending team to a team of overrated, under-achieving shit-cunts.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL that's right, he and Markovic got into a fight on the sidelines.
I see the charm, but we're talking about a competition that's only become relevant recently.

Case in point, see united.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Trophies are trophies, and I don't remember anyone ever being upset about Juve winning one.

Especially in the ultra rare moment of having it in your home stadium. And for all the good that breaking that record did, it also broke Vidal for the better part of the following season, as he struggled to recover from his knee injury the prior season in that push for the Serie A record.

- - - Updated - - -

And they were already on 90 points leading up to the Sassuolo match a few days before the 2nd leg. The league was already wrapped up by that point.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Vidal would have recovered alright, they broke him during national team camp and blamed it on Juve.

I understand it would have been nice to win another trophy, albeit as prestigious as a coppa italia with its 5 dollar prize money.

Jun 6, 2015
Getting the record was completely pointless unlike winning a trophy in our home stadium.

No one cares about some useless record winning is all that matters. Would think that Juve fans would know this better than most.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Trophies are trophies, and I don't remember anyone ever being upset about Juve winning one.

Especially in the ultra rare moment of having it in your home stadium. And for all the good that breaking that record did, it also broke Vidal for the better part of the following season, as he struggled to recover from his knee injury the prior season in that push for the Serie A record.

- - - Updated - - -

And they were already on 90 points leading up to the Sassuolo match a few days before the 2nd leg. The league was already wrapped up by that point.
It was pretty much the exact same scenario in the league as it is right now.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Getting the record was completely pointless unlike winning a trophy in our home stadium.

No one cares about some useless record winning is all that matters. Would think that Juve fans would know this better than most.
If you look on that trophy, I'm pretty sure it doesn't say "Juventus: Scudetto Winners 2013-14 and most points scored in a Serie A Season."

- - - Updated - - -

It was pretty much the exact same scenario in the league as it is right now.
I'm not sure whether you are agreeing with me or not.

And this is a little different here. First off, we are in the Coppa Final. Secondly we are also 2 matches away from a CL final, with a formation that was done mid year. Therefore, the chances for rotation are less than they were three years ago, when Conte had the players for his 3-5-2 that he stuck with

- - - Updated - - -

And @Ocelot, it isn't the same. Juve were at 90 points and well ahead of the competition. Mathematically, the Scudetto was already wrapped up. That isn't the case yet this season

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I'm not sure whether you are agreeing with me or not.

And this is a little different here. First off, we are in the Coppa Final. Secondly we are also 2 matches away from a CL final, with a formation that was done mid year. Therefore, the chances for rotation are less than they were three years ago, when Conte had the players for his 3-5-2 that he stuck with
Well I agree somewhat, but I don't place nearly as much importance on EL as you do.

But points wise, the league is as much secured right now as it was in that season.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well I agree somewhat, but I don't place nearly as much importance on EL as you do.

But points wise, the league is as much secured right now as it was in that season.
Ok, so for the sake of argument, if prior to the Sassuolo match the league was wrapped up, then why put a full squad out there 3 days prior to the home leg of the EL Semi Final?

And I'm not trying to pretend that the EL is a huge trophy. But it is a trophy. And it would have been a very special moment to win that in our home stadium. Was the points record really worth that?

And quite honestly, for that disaster of a CL campaign that year, the least he could have done was place some emphasis on coming home with some sort of European trophy, considering they were far and away the best team in the competition.

- - - Updated - - -

And trust me, if Allegri puts his full starting XI in there against Atalanta tomorrow, I will be just as frustrated as I was 3 years ago with Conte. There is no need for it.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah but if you say the league was wrapped up back then, it is wrapped up now as well.

8 points lead each time, one with 3, one with 4 matches to go. Plus there's the question of how much of that Benfica performance really was due to them playing the match against Sassuolo.

But yeah, it was a mistake imo as well. But it's not nearly enough to tarnish the legacy of a man who brought us back to the top of Italy and close to the top of Europe. That's being extremely petty.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah but if you say the league was wrapped up back then, it is wrapped up now as well.

8 points lead each time, one with 3, one with 4 matches to go. Plus there's the question of how much of that Benfica performance really was due to them playing the match against Sassuolo.

But yeah, it was a mistake imo as well. But it's not nearly enough to tarnish the legacy of a man who brought us back to the top of Italy and close to the top of Europe. That's being extremely petty.
It's the ONE issue that I have with his coaching tenure. I'm allowed one :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Wasn't Vucinic sent off for arguing from the bench?
Yeah but in the 90th minute, could have entered the game earlier

- - - Updated - - -

I might be wrong but I think his sub happened right after the sending off.

Who cares? Believe it or not many do. Not only it was a historic record but it stamped our domination once again, crushed our competition and took away any belief mid to bottom table teams had of taking any points off us.
It was from then that we had the confidence once again and were able to play 2nd gear and "conserve energy" for most of league matches. Some of you need to be constantly reminded where we came from.

- - - Updated - - -

I see the charm, but we're talking about a competition that's only become relevant recently.

Case in point, see united.
If we were out of Europe id be all for it to go for the record, not with a European semifinal on the way. The funny things is, even if we drew one game we would still get 100pts, and with a loss wed have 99pts, still enough to beat inters record. Anyway, look at our schedule in that period: 19/04 Bologna, 24/04 Benfica, 28/04 Sassuolo, 01/05 Benfica, 05/05 Atalanta. In this list, the Sassuolo game is the most interesting one - we fielded 8 starters here, against the team that finished 17th, playing without their best player in Berardi. This is a game 4 days after an european semifinal AWAY, and 2 days before the return leg. Enough said really

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Its all hypothetical or mere conjecture, i think we were that poor on the day that even if we rested them players we wouldnt have got past benfica. :motta:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 38)

• Ali