Antonio Conte (73 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Finishing 10th last year and having a 10th place quality squad are two different things. I would think that he would realize that. To say that the talent on that club last year was worthy of 10th place is ridiculous. It was down to bad coaching last season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Thats conte and he will do the same at his next club but making sure he chooses a project where the club have come back from a bad season. He uses that to motivate his players and of course use it as an alibi. As for the classy manager, then I agree he isnt classy, his just passionate and puts all of his energy into the game like a fan, so his no mourinho (whose an asshole) who specifically and intelligently tries to piss people off (though with lack of success and motivation he does it infrequently), rather his just passionate and instinctive and at times stubborn. Either way, he comes as a package and just like marmite you either love it or dont.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What the fuck?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conte: ‘Never made Juve comparisons’
By Football Italia staff

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte insists he “never made comparisons” with his Juventus triumphs and “never will”.

The former Italy CT was asked if winning the Premier League title with the Blues would be his greatest achievement and replied “yes, for sure”.

That was taken as a diminishing of his three consecutive Scudetti in Turin, the first of which came after two seventh-place finishes.

After last night’s win over Southampton, the former Bianconeri Coach looked to clarify those comments, and today he has hit out at the reporting of his words.

“Nobody ever asked me to compare this possible victory to those at Juve,” Conte fumed in an interview with Sky.

“Since I left, there have been those who have fun trying to bring me down and turn the Juve supporters against me.

“I’ve never made any comparisons and I never will.

“Since I’ve been at Chelsea, I’ve always avoided talking about Juventus, just to make sure there’s no room for controversy. And yet people always find a way to put words in my mouth which I never said!

“I’m furious!”

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
As a man who spends 30 hours a week listening to non-native speakers of English I can say that his 'yes yes' was him buying time as he thought of a proper response to the question.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
The most annoying part of his tenure with us. And then when Benfica went down to 10 men, he failed to change from the 3-5-2 which had done nothing all game and just let the game peter out to nothing.
No, he actually caved in and changed to 4-3-3 with his Gio sub, and the remaining of the game just showed for the squad at the time why he adapt 3-5-2 in the first place.

102 points record meaningless... Honestly you too? Compared to what , a freaking Europa league final? Same competition we laugh at Pogba for playing in?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No, he actually caved in and changed to 4-3-3 with his Gio sub, and the remaining of the game just showed for the squad at the time why he adapt 3-5-2 in the first place.

102 points record meaningless... Honestly you too? Compared to what , a freaking Europa league final? Same competition we laugh at Pogba for playing in?
his subs werent great and came late, he only changed to 433 in the last 15 minutes, and only because he didnt have neither any time nor any other choice. Gio-Bonucci (decent sub, but should have happened much earlier considering they were with 10 men. could have left Bonucci on though and take off Barzagli, since Leo is more useful on corners), Osvaldo for Llorente (that was an OK sub, Nando wasnt good that game), and the last one Marchisio for Vidal (no idea what he tried to do with this one, but since he had Vucinic on the bench and we were chasing a goal, should have definitely put him on instead).

and seriously, who cares about a record when you can win another trophy, an international one at that? i thought it was good we threw away the game vs Roma in the Coppa, so we can focus on the scudetto and EL, but come semifinal we dont rest any starters before these important games despite having good enough lead on the table. ill never forgive him not beating or even being able to score once vs 10man Benfica at home.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
his subs werent great and came late, he only changed to 433 in the last 15 minutes, and only because he didnt have neither any time nor any other choice. Gio-Bonucci (decent sub, but should have happened much earlier considering they were with 10 men. could have left Bonucci on though and take off Barzagli, since Leo is more useful on corners), Osvaldo for Llorente (that was an OK sub, Nando wasnt good that game), and the last one Marchisio for Vidal (no idea what he tried to do with this one, but since he had Vucinic on the bench and we were chasing a goal, should have definitely put him on instead).

and seriously, who cares about a record when you can win another trophy, an international one at that? i thought it was good we threw away the game vs Roma in the Coppa, so we can focus on the scudetto and EL, but come semifinal we dont rest any starters before these important games despite having good enough lead on the table. ill never forgive him not beating or even being able to score once vs 10man Benfica at home.
Wasn't Vucinic sent off for arguing from the bench?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

It was the chance to play a European final in our home stadium. When will we ever get a chance to do that again? We laugh at Pogba because he moved from a CL contending team to a team of overrated, under-achieving shit-cunts.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't Vucinic sent off for arguing from the bench?
LOL that's right, he and Markovic got into a fight on the sidelines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)