Antonio Conte (58 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
God damn it, it's the peasants' butthurt feelings that make Conte think that his words are relevant anymore. Don't rub his ego, stop it!

We are a big club now, caring about anything this man says is beneath us.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Conte clarifies Chelsea-Juve comparison

by Football Italia

Antonio Conte wanted to clarify he is “proud of the extraordinary victories with Juventus” and Chelsea is a great achievement because it’s his first experience abroad.

The former Bianconeri and Italy Coach caused controversy whenhe was asked in a Press conference if winning the Premier League would be his greatest achievement and he replied that it would.

“I am in this League right now, it is my first season, so being able to challenge for and hope to win trophies is certainly extraordinary,” Conte told Sky Sport Italia this evening after a 4-1 win over Manolo Gabbiadini’s Southampton.

“It is my first experience abroad, with a new language, new habits, in a difficult league with strong teams and Coaches. It’s a very difficult challenge for me.

“But my past cannot be cancelled out, I am proud of what we did and the extraordinary victories with Juventus. The team had come off two seventh-place finishes, we won straight away and built something very important over time.

“And today Juve are where they ought to be.”
:touched:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Is it possible to count how many times this guy mentioned 7th place. Sometimes I wish he left us on 7th place, is there a way for us to compansate him for that so he won't bring it up ever again.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
If you follow conte's Chelsea conferences, you will find him talking countless times on the position Chelsea was in last season. Get with it, this is conte. It's not a bad thing it's signifying the task he had at hand which is what made it extraordinary. Nothing wrong with that, we should never forget the bad times, it's called humility and at the same time it's taking the pressure off as well as giving a motivational drive to him and his players to win. He fed that to our players and no doubt his doing the same at Chelsea.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
If you follow conte's Chelsea conferences, you will find him talking countless times on the position Chelsea was in last season. Get with it, this is conte. It's not a bad thing it's signifying the task he had at hand which is what made it extraordinary. Nothing wrong with that, we should never forget the bad times, it's called humility and at the same time it's taking the pressure off as well as giving a motivational drive to him and his players to win. He fed that to our players and no doubt his doing the same at Chelsea.

Oh it's very bad thing and I can explain why but I expect everyone should know honestly.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Thats a bunch of bs, ihave seen plenty of his pressers and he never mentioned that, all he said is that this is a long term project and a rebuild.

- - - Updated - - -

he's just not made for press conferences, way too raw for that diplomatic shit
Epl fans call him the classiest manager in the league

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't care about the "where we came from" comments. I've got no problem with it.

The one thing that I cannot shake as far as what could have been was the Europa League. I get it. It's only the Europa League. However, the chance to play in your home stadium in a European Cup final comes along as often as Haley's Comet. His obvious disregard for the opportunity to have something truly unique happen for the sake of chasing a Serie A record at a time where the Scudetto was already decided well beforehand really bothered me. That still would have been a nice piece of silverware for the cabinet.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't know what they think of the other managers, but Conte's goal celebrations, screaming at Mourinho or digs at Manchester clubs about spending and failing does not seem very classy to me. I love the guy, but for me he's street Conte not some fine gentleman giving sophisticated answers in a press conference

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Thats a bunch of bs, ihave seen plenty of his pressers and he never mentioned that, all he said is that this is a long term project and a rebuild.

- - - Updated - - -

"This week we studied our first half a lot and I showed how we can improve this situation in the future. Tottenham are a top team with a great squad and a great manager. Don’t forget, last season they fought for the title until the end while we arrived in 10th place."
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/02/chelsea-manchester-city-antonio-conte-great-test

"The pressure is normal - I prefer to have the pressure rather than not fight for the title and to joke in every moment. "
"We are lucky to have the pressure. Last season Chelsea had no pressure as they were 10th place. "
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/e...helsea-have-50-50-chance-of-miracle-title-win

Conte said: 'I don't know if they are still affected by last season but, I repeat, when you finish the season in 10th place, something strange is there.
'It's not natural. It's not simple. When you finish in 10th place, it means that you have to work very hard to improve to make sure you don't repeat the bad season. We must feel the danger in every single moment of the game.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...l-defeat-finish-10th-place-strange-there.html
"We don't forget the past. The past is there, it's very clear. We finished (in) 10th place last season.

"When you finish 10th, it means you have problems. We must change the situation and we must work hard together and we are doing this.
http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull...n-his-future/story-29765746-detail/story.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)