Antonio Conte (26 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
:agree: Other than him, no real Conte type players.
I'd say Kante, Azpilicueta and maybe Moses are Conte type players as well. I think that if his input in regards to transfer targets is considered and he's given enough time, he could turn Chelsea into a winning team again. However, this is Chelsea we're talking about, so he will almost certainly not be afforded those luxuries. He hasn't hit the ground running, so I suspect he's a couple bad results away from being sacked.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Chelsea looked good in the second half. Exception being Hazard who looks like he has no idea what he is doing out there

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
I'd say they showed positive signs in the first half, they just didn't have any chances to show for it. There appeared to be an actual gameplan, which is something they've generally lacked since the end of 2014. It remains to be seen if they can do it against better opposition.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I'd say they showed positive signs in the first half, they just didn't have any chances to show for it. There appeared to be an actual gameplan, which is something they've generally lacked since the end of 2014. It remains to be seen if they can do it against better opposition.
They played a 3-4-3 if I understood what was going correctly.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
They played a 3-4-3 if I understood what was going correctly.
i read 343 on soccerway and was kinda skeptic, because he had all the players for a classic 4231 out there. tuned in around 50th minute to see the formation and it was infact a 343 (Azpilicueta CB, Moses RWB). odd setup but they won, so maybe they will use it more often from now on

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
i read 343 on soccerway and was kinda skeptic, because he had all the players for a classic 4231 out there. tuned in around 50th minute to see the formation and it was infact a 343 (Azpilicueta CB, Moses RWB). odd setup but they won, so maybe they will use it more often from now on
yeah was very weird. I saw Alonso and Moses doing what Asa and Licht used to do for us. And they were overlapping with Hazard and Willian. Hazard and willian can go wide or cut inside, while the wingbacks go wide. Kante and Costa penetrate from the middle when the defense is stretched and combine with hazard or willion. I think its the same blueprint from our 3-5-2, only its a bit more attacking and involves more fancy combos at the wing. When I saw Kante and occasionally matic trying to make runs and combine with Costa in the middle I thought Conte must miss Vidal. It was never more obvious than when Kante wasted an easy open goal.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yeah was very weird. I saw Alonso and Moses doing what Asa and Licht used to do for us. And they were overlapping with Hazard and Willian. Hazard and willian can go wide or cut inside, while the wingbacks go wide. Kante and Costa penetrate from the middle when the defense is stretched and combine with hazard or willion. I think its the same blueprint from our 3-5-2, only its a bit more attacking and involves more fancy combos at the wing. When I saw Kante and occasionally matic trying to make runs and combine with Costa in the middle I thought Conte must miss Vidal. It was never more obvious than when Kante wasted an easy open goal.
i actually only watched for about 10-15 minutes, until they scored the 2-0, and only tuned in to see if he really set them up as a 343. but Matic making forward runs doesent seem like a good idea to me. hes a DM, a holding mid, going forward makes them vulnerable on the counter. good thing it was only occasional runs according to what you pointed out. about Kante, he obviously wont create shit on offense no matter how much he runs, maybe 1 out of 100 times, useless player in most situations. what that midfield of him and Matic does have however is defensive stability (unless Kante is running around leaving his position unguarded. i cant know because i dont watch them) so they should let the opponents hold the ball and counter through their superior wings (Alonso-Hazard, Azpilicueta-Willian). with Costa upfront they would be deadly in those situations. for keeping up with the top 2-3 teams they still lack a good bench to do some rotation and play different formations if needed, so Conte better does some shopping in January

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
i actually only watched for about 10-15 minutes, until they scored the 2-0, and only tuned in to see if he really set them up as a 343. but Matic making forward runs doesent seem like a good idea to me. hes a DM, a holding mid, going forward makes them vulnerable on the counter. good thing it was only occasional runs according to what you pointed out. about Kante, he obviously wont create shit on offense no matter how much he runs, maybe 1 out of 100 times, useless player in most situations. what that midfield of him and Matic does have however is defensive stability (unless Kante is running around leaving his position unguarded. i cant know because i dont watch them) so they should let the opponents hold the ball and counter through their superior wings (Alonso-Hazard, Azpilicueta-Willian). with Costa upfront they would be deadly in those situations. for keeping up with the top 2-3 teams they still lack a good bench to do some rotation and play different formations if needed, so Conte better does some shopping in January
They dont do forward runs in the klopp sense but more like how Vidal used to for us. They do a slow suffocation of the opposition and pass, pass, pass kind of thing. Its very low tempo actually.

Who do you think Chelsea can and should buy? Radja, Koulibali and probably even Romagnoli are not purchasable.

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
They've got players they already own that would be assets to them, Christensen being the most established of those. If they stick with a WB formation, Baba could prove useful, but I'm fairly skeptical of players bought for the first team who then get loaned out ever being heard from again. They've also got Lewis Baker out on loan and, from what I've read, he's been doing quite well in the Netherlands for just over a year. It also remains to be seen if Chalobah and Ruben Loftus-Cheek can make an impact(highly doubt the latter will).

As far as transfers are concerned, they have no depth on either flank at wing/fullback, so I imagine they'll be looking for reinforcements there. Apparently Conte sees Moses as a viable RWB, so if they stick with 3 at the back, a LWB with skill on the ball like Ricardo Rodriguez who they've been linked to would probably be a good option. If they bring Christensen back and Zouma gets back to fitness, they should be more or less set at CB, as I think Luiz filled the hole left by the failed bids for Koulibaly and Romagnoli financially. Not sure about their central midfield; depends on tactics, how things like the Cesc situation develop and how they rate their homegrown players.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
They dont do forward runs in the klopp sense but more like how Vidal used to for us. They do a slow suffocation of the opposition and pass, pass, pass kind of thing. Its very low tempo actually.

Who do you think Chelsea can and should buy? Radja, Koulibali and probably even Romagnoli are not purchasable.

dont know, Giaccherini? :D there is a bunch of good players in France, Germany and Spain, there is perhaps some that would return from China, they just need to find them. a CB or two for a start, also a box to box CM thats not useless on offense would do

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
If he gets top 4 with Chelsea it will be a job well done for him. A lot of players need to be moved on there as a lot of them look like they couldn't give a fuck.

Saying that with the current team he has they are not in the top 4 best teams so he has a lot of work to do to get Chelsea a top 4 spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)