Antonio Conte (138 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This should be some proper fun next season. Conte gonna finish 10th. These daisies couldn't handle Mou, imagine what happens with a manager who has a style that involves 70% screaming.
My first thought as well when I read the story. Also Mikel did an interview recently where he basically confirmed that a lot of the players seem to like an 'arm around the shoulder' approach of Hiddink. I can see some players just suddenly leave Chelsea after 0, 6 or 12 months.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Conte's appointment is a win win situation for us, if he's a huge success we can always point to the epl fan boys how their league is overrated and tactically weak..If he's a disaster we can always say that he had nothing to do with our success and that it was all our scouting system and management :D

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
I wish him well.

He'll probably let us have Cuadrado too, he's still in love with Juve.

It's going to be an interesting EPL season with Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho, Conte, etc.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
United have lots of 7-7.5/10 players. A couple 8/10 and then De Gea and Rooney (on his day, which is an increasingly infrequent occurence) are top end players. Martial might be one day but isn't now. Depay maybe, but I'm inclined to say not. Shaw's injury could be preventative. It's not a great selection of players, and it's certainly not a great team or even a very good team. Put simply it's the worst United team I can even remember, and I'm nearly 33. They have lots of depth but it's all the same level of player. That is a bad sign for their prestige, they have twice the money of Juve but are making similarly young signings with the future in mind.
Again I am not saying they are good enough to compete for the CL title. I am saying they have enough quality to be in the top 4 in BPL. My evaluation of the players are not by Juve standards, they are by EPL standards. I would not take most of these players in Juve. I'd take Darmian, Mata, De Gea and maybe schweinstiger or Rooney thats about it. So by EPL standards they have a good enough base for a top 4 finish if not title challenge. Chelsea too.

Don't you think LVG is underperforming with his squad being 5th? If you do then we agree. If you do not then I'd say you are underestimating the squad too much especially given their depth.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Unless he goes after our players I don't care how he does for Chelsea.
The media always says that the new coach will take everyone from the old club with him. They said Pep will try to get Messi and Iniesta to Bayern. They said Klopp would take Rues and Hummels to liverpool. It is actually very rare that the coach goes and buys the best players of another squad that he used to have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 138)