Antonio Conte (104 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Its pretty much Guardiola's league title to lose for sure next season. City at their worst right now are near winners, with this material plus much better coach and mandate to sign whoever he wants prolly should make it a lock. I hope Conte wins it if he gets the gig, but best bet to stop Guardiola and City next season would be if Chelsea gotten Simeone prolly. Mourinho if he goes to Man U has huge mess to deal with, big ask.
Chelsea are a bigger mess. They need a new defense, a Hazard replacement, a Costa sub and the entire squad is mentally broken. The entire squad except Willian needs therapy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Good on him.Hope he does well.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait to see the fans reactions on Chelseas forum, when he signs some unknown(For them) Italian player from Atalanta :D
Just like how Allegri was going to sign the Muntari's and Mexes's of the world at Juve...

Like seriously thats such a poor jab at him.

Guy's going at a club loaded with money.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Chelsea have quality core players and proper structure (same players that won title less then a year ago). Broken mentally but can be fixed, especially if the coach is motivating one like Conte. What they need the most is RB, extra CB for starting eleven and they are good. Won't have issues getting depth for attack and midfield.

Man U in comparison are huge mess, much more so then Chelsea. Lack true quality across the board and pretty much filled with mediocrity or players that don't have any experience winning together. It will take alot for them to bounce back from Ferguson Era fully.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Chelsea have quality core players and proper structure (same players that won title less then a year ago). Broken mentally but can be fixed, especially if the coach is motivating one like Conte. What they need the most is RB, extra CB for starting eleven and they are good. Won't have issues getting depth for attack and midfield.

Man U in comparison are huge mess, much more so then Chelsea. Lack true quality across the board and pretty much filled with mediocrity or players that don't have any experience winning together. It will take alot for them to bounce back from Ferguson Era fully.
Man United has a very good squad that is not performing to its potential. They need a couple of defenders and one more striker and they should be good to go. They are not as broken as Chelsea are. Hazard is having a Soldado season and who knows if he can recover. Fabregas always falls asleep during the second half of the season. Matic might be a one season wonder. I am yet to be convinced that Oscar has any special talent. Letting go of Mata and De Bruyne is criminal by Mourinho. Willian and Costa seem to me like the only reliable core players.

United are already doing better and they are a lot more loaded too. Management is patient too unlike at Chelsea. United job is easier.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Meh I disagree, see more flaws in their squad and effort to rebuild them to true top team will take some doing. You are defenitely underrating Chelsea's squad. Not to mention Man U management shown they have no clue how to spend their funds, while Chelsea is one of the more sensible ones. Best sellers of players and know how to use their resources. The bizzare season aside, they have the means to continue to be the stable top team they were for years.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
United don't have a "very good" squad...wtf. It is so fucking unbalanced. They've spent a lot of money on trash. Their defence is laughable, their midfield is still shit *even though they thought they rectified it beginning of the season) and their attack is still a joke. So much so that they really on fat old Rooney to still score goals for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh I disagree, see more flaws in their squad and effort to rebuild them to true top team will take some doing. You are defenitely underrating Chelsea's squad. Not to mention Man U management shown they have no clue how to spend their funds, while Chelsea is one of the more sensible ones. Best sellers of players and know how to use their resources. The bizzare season aside, they have the means to continue to be the stable top team they were for years.
:tup: this

Most of their fans want Woodward out on his ass, after they've spend close to 250M on mostly un-needed rubbish players. Chelsea definitely have a stronger squad, and their reasons for failing have nothing to do with their quality.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
United don't have a "very good" squad...wtf. It is so $#@!ing unbalanced. They've spent a lot of money on trash. Their defence is laughable, their midfield is still $#@! *even though they thought they rectified it beginning of the season) and their attack is still a joke. So much so that they really on fat old Rooney to still score goals for them.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: this

Most of their fans want Woodward out on his ass, after they've spend close to 250M on mostly un-needed rubbish players. Chelsea definitely have a stronger squad, and their reasons for failing have nothing to do with their quality.
I am not going to praise their management. How they handled di maria alone is criminal but they have about as good a squad as Chelsea's if not slightly better.

UTD has better strikers while Chelsea has a better midfield. Both have serious issues at the back with UTD having a slight advantage there. More importantly, Chelsea are more broken mentally and will have less money to spend.

Strikers: Rooney+Martial > Costa, Pato?

Wingers: Valencia, Depay, Young, Lingard << Willian, Pedro , Hazard, hopefully cuadrado

AMs: Mata > Oscar
CM/DMs: Schweini, Scheniderlin, Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera > Matic + Fabregas + Mikel
CB: Blind, Rojo, Jones, Smalling > Zouma, Cahil, Ivanovic? (Terry is gone)
RB/LB: Darmian, Luke shaw > Azpilicueta, Ivanovic

United has (1) a larger squad(substantially more depth), (2) slightly better players in most departments, (3) much more money, (4) in better mental shape than Chelsea, (5) has much more patient management than Chelsea. They also have a bigger brand in football but that will be trumped by money. Its the easier job.

I gave you 5 reasons for why I think United is the easier job. Hiddink who is a top level coach have not managed to get them anywhere near their level. Mourinho (arguably one of the best coaches of all time) flopped with this group of players. This is how broken mentally they are.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
United dont have better strikers.Their best forward is a 19 yr old kid.Rooney is done at this level.Their wingers suck too.You cant look at just the CF's,the attacking options as a whole is woefully inferior to Chelsea.How you cant see that is beyond me.

Chelsea's midfield and defense is better too.Not by much but its better.

Either way,both will likely have an overhaul and for me Chelsea's is the easier job to 'fix' so to speak.They have champions in the team and a couple of quality additions will put them on track again.

United right now are like us under Secco but with more money to waste now.There's no philosophy,no system,just a totally disjointed squad.There's just complete lack of leadership at United.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
United dont have better strikers.Their best forward is a 19 yr old kid.Rooney is done at this level.Their wingers suck too.You cant look at just the CF's,the attacking options as a whole is woefully inferior to Chelsea.How you cant see that is beyond me.

Chelsea's midfield and defense is better too.Not by much but its better.

Either way,both will likely have an overhaul and for me Chelsea's is the easier job to 'fix' so to speak.They have champions in the team and a couple of quality additions will put them on track again.

United right now are like us under Secco but with more money to waste now.There's no philosophy,no system,just a totally disjointed squad.There's just complete lack of leadership at United.
You havent addressed 4 of the 5 reasons I gave. But lets just stick to one which is the squad quality.

Be a little more detailed I gave you how I see things position by position. I don't know why you say I am not considering that they have a superior attacking arsenal to UTD. I did. I said they have much better wingers but not CFs. Costa is having just as bad a season as Rooney and Martial is having a much better season than Costa. Costa's sub will be Pato btw (Falcao is leaving).

Also what defence? Terry is leaving and Ivanovic is finished. The bench has Cahil (said he wants to leave too) and the terribly injured and inexperienced Zouma. There is no defense at Chelsea. Azpiliqueta is all they have. United need some defenders but at least they have Smalling, Darmian and Shaw (was injured this season) which were all very good players compared to Zouma and Azpi. Chelsea doesnt even have that depth.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Conte will go with the the 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 as the Italians think it is.
Ivanovic - Cahill - Zouma - Azpilicuta
Cuadrado - Matic - Fabregas - Willian
Hazard - Costa

Thats a pretty strong first 11. And they have some interesting youth like Andreas Christensen at Gladbach who is going to be a top class CB.
They onlyneed a starter CB, RB and a couple of depth signings to be the best team individually in the PL, along with Shitty.

United is a bloody mess at the moment. They have a couple of top class players like Martial and De Gea, some very good ones as Smalling, Darmian and Memphis (I know hes been shit so far but the kid will be good), and the rest are just overrated pricks, has beens or talents who may or may not make it.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Can't wait to see Conte throw his rattle when the Chelsea owners try to tell him that Juve have an agreement for Cuadrado.
They can have him back. If Conte wants him in specific I will have doubts about his coaching ability. Thats how much Cuadrado frustrates me. I wish he goes to chelsea just so we dodge this bullet.

- - - Updated - - -

Appalling Smalling a very good player? For a team to be considered good he shouldn't even make the bench.
by EPL standards yes very good. Koscielny is hailed as the best EPL defender for god's sake. By Chelsea's standards (Current Ivanovic or Zouma), yes he is a lot better. By Juve standards, he is like Cacares or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Conte will go with the the 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 as the Italians think it is.
Ivanovic - Cahill - Zouma - Azpilicuta
Cuadrado - Matic - Fabregas - Willian
Hazard - Costa

Thats a pretty strong first 11. And they have some interesting youth like Andreas Christensen at Gladbach who is going to be a top class CB.
They onlyneed a starter CB, RB and a couple of depth signings to be the best team individually in the PL, along with $#@!ty.

United is a bloody mess at the moment. They have a couple of top class players like Martial and De Gea, some very good ones as Smalling, Darmian and Memphis (I know hes been $#@! so far but the kid will be good), and the rest are just overrated pricks, has beens or talents who may or may not make it.
I agree about Cahil and Ivanovic but Cuadrado is at best also a bench option. Pedro would start there. Hazard might be permanently ruined Torres/Falcao style after exposing his mental weakness. He might also leave.

They need a LOT of depth signings if they go with this outdated formation which I doubt they would. Fabregas and Matic have no subs and both are very prone to fall asleep during the last few months of the season (Especially Fab). Zouma just suffered a horrific injury and is very young. Azpi has no bench option. You have oscar and pato on the bench thats about it. The rest are raw youngsters.

United can field

Darmian(Valencia) - Smalling(rojo/Jones) - New CB (Blind/jones) - Shaw (New lb)
Carrick (Snchiedelrin/Blind/Fellaini) - Schweinsteiger (Schniederlin/blind/Fellaini)
Rooney (Valencia/Lindgard) - Mata (Rooney) - Depay (Young/janzuzag)
Martial (Rooney/ New expensive ST)

They have a good starting eleven. LVG just cant make them click well enough the same way Chelsea did not click under Mou and now Hiddink.

Both starting 11 are very close on paper, but UTD has the much bigger bench and again MUCH more money to spend. UTD will start building from finishing 5th, Chelsea from God knows what.

City are the easiest job followed by United and then Chelsea. All of them will have a top 4 finish as their target except City who should be expected to win it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)