Antonio Conte (36 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
CL final alone is worth few Serie A titles.
lol

but one CL final had/will have more benfits on our finances than few Serie A titles. You'll probably see it on our commercial revenues this term. Those stagnated in the last several years.
Winning scudetti is what jump-started our revenue growth. And we wouldn't have been good enough to reach the CL final after easy draws had we been not good enough to win the scudetti. And no, revenue growth didn't stagnate for several years.

Your nic is green in the Quotes tab. Do green and blue mean moderator?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
lol

Winning scudetti is what jump-started our revenue growth. And we wouldn't have been good enough to reach the CL final after easy draws had we been not good enough to win the scudetti. And no, revenue growth didn't stagnate for several years.

Your nic is green in the Quotes tab. Do green and blue mean moderator?
Commercial revenues? No change or very little in the last few years.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
So, if the headline was Conte- "Italy follows Germany Model for Success"

would there be all of these comments?

Because if anyone had read the entire article, he stated that he is still optimistic for Serie A, and that we are on our way to the top.
What I can tell from his statement and I hope I am wrong is that he already has an excuse if he doesn't win the Euro's or reach the final ready.

I don't want to sound too harsh or just bashing for the sake of it but this reminds me of the time he kept recording himself saying how many years Juve needs to reach the CL final since not much cash is pumped. (Already an excuse ready if he fails). He's always on the first move, first step.

Serie A isn't the 90's Serie A or early 2000's, who doesn't know that? When Liverpool won the CL they had the likes of Finnan, Hyppia, Gacia, Baros and Kewell in their starting 11 with low budget whereas Juve's Capello had one of the strongest squad if not the strongest with much higher financial investments in players than Liverpool. This may sound irrelevant but I am just giving an example of how much he's full of excuses and I can bet my life that he still doesn't understand how Leicster City can dine with 3 euro's in five star hotel.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Buffon said the same thing just days ago, that we have a 20% chance against Bayern and i recall he said the same thing last year when we met RM. People aren't riled up against him.

We should be thankfull for Conte everyday because no other coach could've one the title with the squad he had in his first year. He put us back in the map. No one could deny that he love this club, the passion he showed during games is proof to that. Remeber jumbing and smashing the glass like a crazy mothefucker when we scored against Milan :heart:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
No one could deny that he love this club, the passion he showed during games is proof to that.
I don't think anyone doubts that, but I wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) to see him celebrate just the same when he next coaches Chelsea, Milan or Inter Turku. He celebrates goals in Italy's friendlies like a madman ffs :D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Buffon said the same thing just days ago, that we have a 20% chance against Bayern and i recall he said the same thing last year when we met RM. People aren't riled up against him.

We should be thankfull for Conte everyday because no other coach could've one the title with the squad he had in his first year. He put us back in the map. No one could deny that he love this club, the passion he showed during games is proof to that. Remeber jumbing and smashing the glass like a crazy mothefucker when we scored against Milan :heart:
:tup:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

some people cant get over first impressions of events.

- - - Updated - - -

Irrelevant.

Talking about your chances is one thing and giving up on a match is another.

Everyone one of us or most of us think Bayern have more chances, but most of us are convinced we can compete with them and knock them out. That's the difference.
Conte kept saying that we shouldnt expect Juve to win Serie A even in 2011 and he went on to have an undefeated season while repeating that message throughout. He keeps expectations low and has always done that so that fans don't expect too much and players don't get too pressured. Against Bayern we just couldnt win and not for a lack of trying. We weren't like Roma entering the match.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What I can tell from his statement and I hope I am wrong is that he already has an excuse if he doesn't win the Euro's or reach the final ready.

I don't want to sound too harsh or just bashing for the sake of it but this reminds me of the time he kept recording himself saying how many years Juve needs to reach the CL final since not much cash is pumped. (Already an excuse ready if he fails). He's always on the first move, first step.

Serie A isn't the 90's Serie A or early 2000's, who doesn't know that? When Liverpool won the CL they had the likes of Finnan, Hyppia, Gacia, Baros and Kewell in their starting 11 with low budget whereas Juve's Capello had one of the strongest squad if not the strongest with much higher financial investments in players than Liverpool. This may sound irrelevant but I am just giving an example of how much he's full of excuses and I can bet my life that he still doesn't understand how Leicster City can dine with 3 euro's in five star hotel.
Getting to the finals with this Italy would be a great achievement, no need for excuses if that doesn't happen. Not getting to quarters would be a failure perhaps.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Marchisio:

Italy are 'an unknown’ at Euro 2016 as they 'lack talent and have few champions’, according to Juventus’ Claudio Marchisio.

The midfielder has 54 Italy caps to his name but doesn’t believe the current side contains 'pure talents’.

However, the 30-year-old still underlined that the Azzurri 'won’t settle for the quarters or semis’.

“We’re an unknown, but we must admit that we have few champions or pure talents,” Marchisio said to French magazine So Foot.

“It’s a question of cycles. Conte is the right man for a squad lacking talent, he can transform it technically and mentally.

“We won’t settle for the quarter-finals or semi-finals.”

Is he also a coward making excuses or would that be demonized only if Conte said it?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I wish he wouldn't give interviews. I lose more and more respect for this guy with every passing day. Looks like he can't wait to suck on some juicy EPL cock. I really hope he fails at Chelsea (if he goes there) and they fail miserably in Europe.
Don't let the hate consume you. Don't venture to the dark side.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Marchisio:
Is he also a coward making excuses or would that be demonized only if Conte said it?
It's one thing to say: We lack talent.
It's another thing to say: We don't have Italian players in the league, we don't have money, Serie A is behind most competitive leagues.

It's one thing to say: Bayern are favorites.
It's another thing to say: We need several years to compete with them, they have the sources we don't.

It's one thing to say: Some teams are stronger than us.
It's another thing to say: You can't dine with 10 euros in a 5 star restaurant.

And then again it's one thing to suggest the NT players have little more training sessions in between the league matches and accept club's decisions with fairplay.
And it's another to blame Serie A for not arranging training sessions in between the league matches just for Conte's sweet eyes.

Because the likes of Lippi won the World Cup having training sessions every 10 days for the NT squad.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its all about perception and how you want to read into things too. Because he is not the only one that says there's not enough italian players, or quality italian players in the league. Lippi does too. There is no difference between what Marchisio says and Conte says in this instance, you just object to one more because you grown to dislike him. Perception as I said. That the leagues clubs dont have enough money is obvious fact, that the league is behind most top competitions in infrastructure, stadiums, marketing, safety etc are quite obvious. You know who says that alot? Our President. And reality shows it in the league becoming a stepping stone to those who have the big money. Thats just a fact of the matter. That they dont play better football (except Spain) is irrelevant, they simply can get more quality easier with more money.

He is a character who is bit blunt and communicates in a way that rubs people the wrong way. I agree it comes off bit defeatist and it shouldnt be overdone. But take that Bayern example for example, when we were facing them, did you see our lineup, and did you disagree we lack their resources/playing material? I didnt. That he goes in hyperbole in making the point is a valid contention. But when he says several years to compete with them, what he means is getting the top top players Bayern/Barca/Real/PSG and EPL teams can buy and attract without a sweat, no sacrifice and dent to their way of operating basically. They, especially the Spanish duo and Bayern has cultivated their operations to a level they can do this. 3 years ago, we were far from this (again remember who our starting attack was vs Bayern), today we are closer, but still not there yet. Its a valid point to make. Even if the use of the word compete is too simplistic because he is hang up on the financial part of it all bit too strongly. Yes it gets you the marquee decisive quality players, but there is more to it then that as we/Atletico/Dortmund have shown. Tho you need that financial power to consistently attract/keep the best and compete in CL.

That third bit, yeah the resturant analogy was dumb, it was basically a variation of the above points but still dumb. Also if it was said off handedly in a single instance I would get it. But he spent most of his last year or half year making that point and it got too much, too defeatist. So yeah I agree with you on how he said it being annoying then.

Regarding the training sessions, I dont see the issue at all. He tried to get his will through and get it to conditions that could make his job easier. Yeah he whined a bit, but so what? Its his job to try to make the best accomodations for his given task. Especially when he has less quality to work with then previous coaches. I dont get the hang on this, yeah its on unorthodox but its not something that bothers me or should bother you. Its between him and the clubs to come to an understanding, or not.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's one thing to say: We lack talent.
It's another thing to say: We don't have Italian players in the league, we don't have money, Serie A is behind most competitive leagues.

It's one thing to say: Bayern are favorites.
It's another thing to say: We need several years to compete with them, they have the sources we don't.

It's one thing to say: Some teams are stronger than us.
It's another thing to say: You can't dine with 10 euros in a 5 star restaurant.

And then again it's one thing to suggest the NT players have little more training sessions in between the league matches and accept club's decisions with fairplay.
And it's another to blame Serie A for not arranging training sessions in between the league matches just for Conte's sweet eyes.

Because the likes of Lippi won the World Cup having training sessions every 10 days for the NT squad.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)