Antonio Conte (78 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The best football is being played in England :lol:

Always cracks me up.
Immediately after that he's talking about the financial component, so you can tell it's not the literal verbage but more suggestive on the fact that it is the most well packaged league, and that is true. His analysis of the Italian league is also pretty spot on, don't see much wrong with it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
to few italian players ?
-true, but its a shitty generation, not the other way around that the nazionale suffers
- i dislike this crap about "omg training camps". Did baggio, del piero, maldini, nesta, scirea, etc need them ?

Investing in youth ?
- yeah, but juve is doing that, others need to follow

Owners not investing ?
- True

Serie a lacks money ?
- True, but thats a working point, not an excuse.

Style of football ?
- false, everyone fapped about serie a when baggio and del piero couldnt play in the same team cause unbalanced

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, if the headline was Conte- "Italy follows Germany Model for Success"

would there be all of these comments?

Because if anyone had read the entire article, he stated that he is still optimistic for Serie A, and that we are on our way to the top.

And sometimes I wonder if people take his comments about Serie A as a whole and consider it as a slight towards Juventus. Even those with rudimentary knowledge of the league knows that we are far ahead of the curve. We are the absolute last reason why Serie A is in the shape it's in.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Conte still with his loser attitude.

Money isn't the be all and end all. Just ask Max or Klopp.
The money excuse has always been bs. Juve have been among top 5-6 spenders in the last couple of years. It must have felt like kick in head for him that only a year after he left and complained that Juve can't compete with the best clubs in Europe we played in the final of the CL. I mean that has to hit him at some level.

Now it's entirely different if he wants City and PSG kind of investments, but their model hasn't really brought desired results so far.

He wants complete control over the clubs operations and EPL is the best possible destination for him in that respect. But with this comes greater responsibility whereas in Italy you could always shift the blame on upper mgt for not providing you with players you need. If he fails in England it will be entirely on him.

My only grudge is that we didn't boot him in May, legend or no legend his interview back then turned my stomach. Shut the fuck up, be respectful towards the club that ensured your existance, that hired you when your biggest achievement was Serie A promotion, that stood by you while you were facing match fixing allegations. Another Vialli in the making.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I wish he wouldn't give interviews. I lose more and more respect for this guy with every passing day. Looks like he can't wait to suck on some juicy EPL cock. I really hope he fails at Chelsea (if he goes there) and they fail miserably in Europe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)