Antonio Conte (79 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Balotelli reacted enthusiastically to Italy's draw against Belgium, Ireland and Sweden, posting their names on Instagram along with the words 'I can't wait.'
In reply, Conte said: '(He) can't wait for what.....to play in the European championship or to watch on television?' :D
:lol: His willingness to say what's on his mind is something i've always liked about Conte

To be fair to him though, the Azzurri should be permanently done with Balotelli after his antics against Uruguay in the last world cup

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
When he wanted to leave in May and the club forced him to stay till July.
Does Conte seem like the type of personality that would allow anyone to force him to do anything?

I don't buy it. I think it makes a lot more sense that he wanted to leave in May, the board told him to think about it and come back from vacation and see how how feels then.

Allegri was on the back burner all this time.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
When he wanted to leave in May and the club forced him to stay till July.
I wanted to know if he was talking about any pre-season tournament that I am unaware of or whether my understanding of "right before the competition starts" is different from his. If I recall correctly, NT players of Italy and France and some new players joined Juve camp after he left.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Report: Conte opens to Roma
By Football Italia staff

Reports suggest Azzurri Coach Antonio Conte may be open to offers from Roma, as the club looks to replace Coach Rudi Garcia and director Walter Sabatini.

Conte's stubborn vagueness about his future with the national team lead many to believe he will give up on the job after Euro 2016, and many believe Roma to be hot in his pursuit.

The Giallorossi, while still only four points from the first place and qualified for the next round of the Champions League, are largely considered to be in a state of crisis and Coach Garcia is expected to leave next summer at the latest.

A report from Premium Sport suggests a potential revolution for the club from the capital, as Conte could replace Garcia.

While media outlets have been titling that the former Juventus Coach 'said yes' to the Lupi, the report simply states that he is potentially open to evaluate offers from them.

Conte is furthermore believed to be too doubtful about the projects of Roma competitors Chelsea and Manchester United to consider signing with them.

The signing of Conte could in turn bring in his close associate Giorgio Perinetti as sporting director, replacing Sabatini.

Perinetti has a history with Napoli and recently with Palermo, whom he aided in their return to Serie A. He is currently at Serie D club Venezia.

Sabatini enjoys the interest of Bologna and Sampdoria and may move to one of these clubs in case of a dismissal from the capital, where he is currently contested alongside Garcia.

Dont you love these articles :rofl:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I would not be surprised if he goes to Roma. He doesn't seem to be very smart in figuring out how to move up in his career. Managing the Azzuri this early in his career and with that terrible generation of players was a mistake. Even if he magically manages to win the Euros or reach the final against the odds, choosing to coach this azzuri is too risky.

Even assuming he does very well (say semis), what next after the euros? back to club football? his azzuri legacy is going to be very short and not memorable unless he wins the damn thing which is practically almost impossible.

He should have either taken a year off or quit Juve only after knowing fully well where he will coach next. He had enough success with Juve on his resume to coach equal or bigger clubs. He needs a better agent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)