Antonio Conte (29 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It was funny and appropiate (You are Balotelli, a bum who gives a fvck about footie, and talk like you are part of the team going to Euros), expected comment from Conte's rather abbrasive and direct personality. He made his point well lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Zaza's chances of going to the Euro's 25%, Balotelli's chances of going to the Euros 0.25% :p

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Balotelli cant even play, if he is not benched, he is injured.

His chances are very slim unless he starts banging goals. Even Rossi has more chances than him, and unless something weird happens, i dont see conte taking rossi to the euros.

I think talentwise, we should take both... but at this point theres no point in taking balotelli if zaza will be in better form.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pelle, Eder are 100% lock for callup, few of the other spots will go to wing forwards, so at best will be place for 1 more box striker. If Conte wants, depends on how he plans to play, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or the boring 3-5-2.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Insigne, bizzarely enough, is not entirely sure will be taken (the backup Gabbiadini has decent chance), neither is Berardi or Saponara. He will have to make some tough decisions, and hopefully non biased ones (lol). Insigne in particular fell from grace because of question of attitude by leaving Azzurri camp due to injury, only to play for Napoli. Conte likes his little soldiers, and if you deviate from that, its hard to bounce back.

It all depends on form, there are some who will be called up 100% if not for injury in attacking positions: Pelle, Eder, Candreva, El Shaarawy. Rest depend on form, health and who Conte suddenly decides to like one morning. Insigne most likely for sure to be added to it despite the little taff (even if this kid is bit of a dumb jock in attitude it seems). Gabbiadini maybe too if he leaves Napoli in Jan. Then you have likes of Giovinco, Bernadeschi, Vazquez and Berardi with unlikely but small chances. Actual CFs is harder, like no one starting and performing in their clubs except for Pelle. Maybe Belotti starts banging in for Torino, maybe Conte decides again the little Zaza plays is enough for a spot. Maybe Immobile stops sucking :lol: . Zero hope for Balotelli IMO due to added injury issues besides the toxic attitude. Rossi lost cause.

Attack is really by fair their weakest, terrible generation, mainly the CFs. The wing forwards have good potential, if Conte plays in a way that uses them.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
El Shawarma has been poor for Monaco, he isn't a lock either.
He is called up every time, I dont see Conte changing his mind about him unless he gets injured, and someone out of the blue is too amazing for Conte to ignore. But his compeition for spots are likes of Giovinco, Cerci etc. It wont be hard to make the cut. It wont ever be either him or Insigne etc, both will be called, and besides Insigne, he wont have much reason for Conte who seems to be overly loyal to current call ups, to disregard him. Especially since he is fairly hardworking and can play LM when he goes for 4-4-2.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What did Conte say?
Balotelli reacted enthusiastically to Italy's draw against Belgium, Ireland and Sweden, posting their names on Instagram along with the words 'I can't wait.'
In reply, Conte said: '(He) can't wait for what.....to play in the European championship or to watch on television?' :D

He clarified further: It's up to him to show he can be included, just as it is with the others,' Conte told Italian reporters.
'But he has got so, so much to prove. I haven't drawn any conclusions so far. I will watch everyone carefully, but I also know who has got us this far, and I know the players.
'Anyone who wants to come in has got to show me an awful lot.'

- - - Updated - - -

If Conte brings up that mediocre attack Italy does not have a chance.

He needs to bring at least one of Insigne, Berardi, and Rossi (if he regains form).
Insigne for sure should and will be I think. Its ridicolous but I dont think he will change his mind about Berardi. He didnt call him when he was dominating and the games were weak qualifying opponents. There is no hope to expect him to call up him for the big tourno suddenly, when Berardi is having an average season so far. Less pressure for Conte to change his stubborn attitude.

Rossi would be great if he actually played two games in a row, let alone get in form. He needs to and will leave Viola in January on loan. Only chance he has, but IMO too late perhaps.

But maybe not, majority of the names all depend on form, but main that make me hesitate is Conte's attitude to changes/preferences.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If Conte brings up that mediocre attack Italy does not have a chance.

He needs to bring at least one of Insigne, Berardi, and Rossi (if he regains form).
That's definitely Conte's biggest weakness, he's too stubborn.
Conte doesnt have much of a choice in attack..but i agree that one of Rossi, berardi, balo,Zaza, insigne...needs to becalled.

From the looks of it like osman said, Berardi will not make the cut. Insigne would have risked the same fate but i think Conte´s hand will be forced to call him.

Inmobile has been shid since more than a year..so iMO he will call Zaza instead of him. it seems conte has a soft spot for Zaza.

Balo and Rossi would need an outstanding half season to be taken in consideration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)