Antonio Conte (34 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
I wouldn't say they are excuses, they are the truth! we were never going to progress far with the likes of Matri and vucinic leading the lines and boneheads like chiellini and bonucci in defence. The funny thing is we are at least 2 or 3 top signings away from even thinking of being a major contender. I can't honestly see this team going beyond the quarters (depending on the draw) and this is not me having a go at allegri but we really do lack that added quality in certain areas to compete. If marotta spends 30 mill on a couple of random squad players like zaza and vasquez then we really aren't going to progress in europe and there for Conte has a point in his statement
Regardless of if it's true or not, by saying it, it undermines the team's confidence.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He'd look even more stupid if he announced that his team were serious contenders for the CL
There are times when it's best to say nothing. But Conte can't do that. His ego is too big. Whether he means to or not, that's his personality. He's like a Mourinho with tourrettes (the mouth, not the coaching).

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
If Allegri is a no-show for a CL final, I can't imagine where Conte would rank ... given how badly he squandered talent that should have twice escaped the group stage.

Just sayin... :snoop:
huh

United relies so much on publicity that I don't see them being coached by someone who doesn't know English. Same with Chelsea and Arsenal.

Except for his first year here, the team was abysmal in Europe. The one time we did make it past the group stages, we barely did. And played like shit all competition long.

And what clubs is Conte exactly being courted by?
since your memory is so good...

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I mean we played well only on his first year in general. Obviously we weren't in Europe then.

- - - Updated - - -

pirlo's beard is being sarcastic.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Can I just say something? It's not just the fact we kept flopping in Europe, it was his attitue/excuses:

"Were not good enough to win it" or "We're two or three signings from the top"

it doesn't help when your leader keeps undermining his team. The fact is Conte took as far as he could have, and he knows it. He wouldn't change from 352 and kept saying that we couldn't provide him the financial needs to bring him forward. I think it was bet for both parties that he left
These comments of his are getting a simply ridiculous amount of spotlight here. If it's not something that seriously harms the locker atmosphere, like a coach publically attacking a player for instance, they don't mean shit. We were pretty weak in Conte's second European season (and pretty clearly better in his first one than in this one), but his since gotten infamous comments certainly aren't to blame for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)