Antonio Conte (22 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
yeah badass, way to be a dick about your current coach and team. and i agree with radekas, it's much more likely for us to win CL with Allegri as opposed to Conte.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
it would also never become reality under Conte. And I think it's unfortunate fot both of us since you seem to be Juventus fan. Unless you are just Conte fan.
Not really for one I don't believe our team is ready to win it, not with the number of mistakes one or 2 players make and are then punished for it. Secondly I don't think allegri has the know how to guide a team to win it, he may reach a semi finals in his time but I can't see him ever coaching in the finals and winning it. Yes you can say I'm a Conte fan but that is me being appreciative for the services he has given to this club both as a player and coach, the unfortunate part in all this is that there are some who go as far as cursing Conte the worse, I don't think I've gone to the extremes some people have said about Conte in the same light as anything I have said about allegri

Jul 1, 2010
Not really for one I don't believe our team is ready to win it, not with the number of mistakes one or 2 players make and are then punished for it. Secondly I don't think allegri has the know how to guide a team to win it, he may reach a semi finals in his time but I can't see him ever coaching in the finals and winning it. Yes you can say I'm a Conte fan but that is me being appreciative for the services he has given to this club both as a player and coach, the unfortunate part in all this is that there are some who go as far as cursing Conte the worse, I don't think I've gone to the extremes some people have said about Conte in the same light as anything I have said about allegri
And I guess that Conte is?

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Well you'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to wish the worst on our current coach :lol:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Well you'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to wish the worst on our current coach :lol:
having an opinion on the allegri's coaching ability is not the same as wishing the worst, name me one time I've ever said "i hope allegri fails?" you'd have to be pretty stupid not to see the difference then again it is you after all... I can name countless times i've read shit about how "I hope Conte fails" and all that shit. What's worse is how some of your curse Conte more than actual failures like del neri or zaccheroni, some of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If Allegri is a no-show for a CL final, I can't imagine where Conte would rank ... given how badly he squandered talent that should have twice escaped the group stage.

Just sayin... :snoop:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And I guess that Conte is?
I don't see why not with the right team. Conte is more likely to get a job at a club with enough resources to mount a challenge one day be it a team like psg or wherever, on the flip side this is probably allegri's biggest job he will ever get and i can't honestly see Juve winning the CL for some years yet

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I don't see why not with the right team. Conte is more likely to get a job at a club with enough resources to mount a challenge one day be it a team like psg or wherever, on the flip side this is probably allegri's biggest job he will ever get and i can't honestly see Juve winning the CL for some years yet
lol you're delusional

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Conte has not come close to proving he can win CL. He had a great team and couldn't make it past the group stages. Plays incredibly outdated football and so far has not shown any willingness to adapt.

So from what I see, no. He hasn't proven himself capable of winning CL. You can say Di Matteo did, but by that account any coach can win it if they get lucky. He might get lucky and win, I'm not doubting that but as far as his coaching capabilities, I do not see him leading a team there. Di Matteo's team wasn't even his, he was just a substitute coach.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Someone will take a chance on Conte after Italy, a big club I mean. But he might end up shocked if he thinks those foreign clubs will tolerate his volatile behaviour. It's ok doing it here because he has the status and record to back it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I can see maybe PSG but that would just end up being a huge clash of egos. Especially if they still have Zlatan by then.

Besides that, a midtable English club or Milan/Inter. Conte doesn't even speak English so that's gonna be a big factor in where he ends up working.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Conte has not come close to proving he can win CL. He had a great team and couldn't make it past the group stages. Plays incredibly outdated football and so far has not shown any willingness to adapt.

So from what I see, no. He hasn't proven himself capable of winning CL. You can say Di Matteo did, but by that account any coach can win it if they get lucky. He might get lucky and win, I'm not doubting that but as far as his coaching capabilities, I do not see him leading a team there. Di Matteo's team wasn't even his, he was just a substitute coach.
:lol: no he didn't it is as though you are comparing the quality of last season's Juve to that of real madrid or bayern. Even if he had gone through the group stages he was never destined to win it with that team, no manager would. It's not like Conte hasn't gone beyond the group stages. you are getting so caught up about one season, I bet you didn't think when Ancelotti managed Juve he would go on to be one of the best managers of our generation? you base your theories on one season yet ask yourself why Conte was and is being courted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe? he clearly has scope for improvement but he has the drive, hunger and desire to win and that makes the difference between losers like ranieri and winners

- - - Updated - - -

I can see maybe PSG but that would just end up being a huge clash of egos. Especially if they still have Zlatan by then.

Besides that, a midtable English club or Milan/Inter. Conte doesn't even speak English so that's gonna be a big factor in where he ends up working.
I bet ancelotti couldn't speak english when he joined chelsea, or French when he moved to psg? or spanish when he moved to real madrid

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Then again United have the ultimate ego, but LvG has more of a track record than Conte.
United relies so much on publicity that I don't see them being coached by someone who doesn't know English. Same with Chelsea and Arsenal.

:lol: no he didn't it is as though you are comparing the quality of last season's Juve to that of real madrid or bayern. Even if he had gone through the group stages he was never destined to win it with that team, no manager would. It's not like Conte hasn't gone beyond the group stages. you are getting so caught up about one season, I bet you didn't think when Ancelotti managed Juve he would go on to be one of the best managers of our generation? you base your theories on one season yet ask yourself why Conte was and is being courted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe? he clearly has scope for improvement but he has the drive, hunger and desire to win and that makes the difference between losers like ranieri and winners
Except for his first year here, the team was abysmal in Europe. The one time we did make it past the group stages, we barely did. And played like shit all competition long.

And what clubs is Conte exactly being courted by?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)