Antonio Conte (141 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
United relies so much on publicity that I don't see them being coached by someone who doesn't know English. Same with Chelsea and Arsenal.

Except for his first year here, the team was abysmal in Europe. The one time we did make it past the group stages, we barely did. And played like shit all competition long.

And what clubs is Conte exactly being courted by?
A lot has been said about PSG wanting Conte, and about a year ago a lot was said about chelsea wanting Conte too

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
United relies so much on publicity that I don't see them being coached by someone who doesn't know English. Same with Chelsea and Arsenal.

Except for his first year here, the team was abysmal in Europe. The one time we did make it past the group stages, we barely did. And played like $#@! all competition long.

And what clubs is Conte exactly being courted by?
:sergio:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If Conte wants to work abroad, he has to learn english.

Carlo Ancelotti ? He had won the CL twice before he went abroad. Not because he's a motivater, but cause he is incredibly good at getting a dressing room full of ego's and stars looking in the same way, and because he's a proven versatile tactician. An excellent tactician indeed.

Conte is a great tactician with different idea's, and a masterclass motivator. Good luck motivating people who dont understand you.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Of course he has to learn English, but I fail to see why that would be such a big obstacle - he already said he started taking them a year ago, and it's not like he can't practice a few hours a day if he has to. English ain't that hard a language.

Anyways, he's gonna stay with the Nazionale until at least 2016 before any other moves in any case.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Nah because we may well not progress. And in that case, Conte's apologists are going to find comfort in being annoying and bringing Conte to every discussion (I'm sure Badass will do that) so it's only wise to enjoy the moment while it lasts.

Getting back on topic, let's all hope Conte fails big time in the rest of his career. I know I will :agree:
Can't wait to keep seeing him fail.
:delpiero:

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
If Conte wants to work abroad, he has to learn english.

Conte is a great tactician with different idea's, and a masterclass motivator. Good luck motivating people who dont understand you.
Agreed, I also have doubts about Conte will thriving outside of Italy, language and culture are just too important factors for motivation. In Italy I think Milan in the future and outside maybe PSG if they continue to invest in Serie A players.

Mar 10, 2009
Can I just say something? It's not just the fact we kept flopping in Europe, it was his attitue/excuses:

"Were not good enough to win it" or "We're two or three signings from the top"

it doesn't help when your leader keeps undermining his team. The fact is Conte took as far as he could have, and he knows it. He wouldn't change from 352 and kept saying that we couldn't provide him the financial needs to bring him forward. I think it was bet for both parties that he left

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Can I just say something? It's not just the fact we kept flopping in Europe, it was his attitue/excuses:

it doesn't help when your leader keeps undermining his team. The fact is Conte took as far as he could have, and he knows it. He wouldn't change from 352 and kept saying that we couldn't provide him the financial needs to bring him forward. I think it was bet for both parties that he left
no

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

I wouldn't say they are excuses, they are the truth! we were never going to progress far with the likes of Matri and vucinic leading the lines and boneheads like chiellini and bonucci in defence. The funny thing is we are at least 2 or 3 top signings away from even thinking of being a major contender. I can't honestly see this team going beyond the quarters (depending on the draw) and this is not me having a go at allegri but we really do lack that added quality in certain areas to compete. If marotta spends 30 mill on a couple of random squad players like zaza and vasquez then we really aren't going to progress in europe and there for Conte has a point in his statement

Jul 1, 2010
I wouldn't say they are excuses, they are the truth! we were never going to progress far with the likes of Matri and vucinic leading the lines and boneheads like chiellini and bonucci in defence. The funny thing is we are at least 2 or 3 top signings away from even thinking of being a major contender. I can't honestly see this team going beyond the quarters (depending on the draw) and this is not me having a go at allegri but we really do lack that added quality in certain areas to compete. If marotta spends 30 mill on a couple of random squad players like zaza and vasquez then we really aren't going to progress in europe and there for Conte has a point in his statement
:howler:

He was saying the same crap last season.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He was given Tevez and Llorente, both are significant improvements over the mentioned duo, yet he couldn't get us out of the groups in his final year.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
:howler:

He was saying the same crap last season.
Right so you think we are built to compete and win in Europe?

- - - Updated - - -

He was also given Morata but decided that wasn't good enough for him.

- - - Updated - - -

:sergio:
and imagine if we don't go beyond the quarter finals would allegri be all that much better than Conte in europe still? even if Conte did reach a quarter final with a much weaker squad than that of today

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
He was given Tevez and Llorente, both are significant improvements over the mentioned duo, yet he couldn't get us out of the groups in his final year.
Llorente is/was not an improvement at all. Starting pairing was Vucinic and Tevez which iirc was available for a few minutes in the home match against Galatasaray of the whole CL campaign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)