Antonio Conte (27 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
"As an Italian, obviously I hope Juventus are the favourites.”

As an Italian. LOL.

You mean as someone who has been part of the club for like a decade right? Nope. As an Italian. It doesn't bother me at all really, it's just funny to see the lengths he'll go to to seem "impartial" as the coach of the nazionale. Like all the other clubs in Italy will stop collaborating with him if he says he favours Juve because of an eternity of connections and not because he's just Italian.
What a cunt, fucking big headed prick. Hope his managerial career flops from here on in.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Imagine how much money he is getting from the nazionale gig. They took one of our legends, one of the players who died on the pitch for Juve each time and turned him into fucking Strama in terms of spinelessness.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
Agnelli suggested that Conte could have done with some more patience.
“He is perhaps a bit touchy, especially when you tell him that something isn't going the way that he wants it to.
“As for a quality, that's tenacity, for sure.”

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Obviously he owe's Juventus. No one is ever bigger than the club. And he would have never tasted glory anywhere else with his mediocre coaching ability if the club never offered him the chance to coach us.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
The club and Agnelli gave him the chance and he repaid it, much more than anyone expected. I will never forget that he was one of the main persons responsible for taking us back to where we belong.

Saying that, I still can't get over how he left us, but it could be much worse than Italy for example Inter or Milan. :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
http://vivoazzurro.it/en/news/contes-message-serie-coaches-lets-cooperate-sake-italian-football/

Conte’s message to the Serie A coaches: “Let’s cooperate for the sake of Italian football”

Antonio Conte was the leading member of the panel on the topic: “Relationship between clubs and national team – how to improve it?” The meeting was held today at the Lega Serie A headquarters in Milan. Antonio Conte spoke for one and a half hours to 16 Serie A coaches (all present apart from Rudi Garcia from Roma, Rafa Benitez from Napoli, Zdenek Zeman from Cagliari, Maurizio Sarri from Empoli and Roberto Mancini from Inter Milan, who was replaced by assistant manager Giulio Nuciari), FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio, Italy general manager Gabriele Oriali, Lega Serie A President Maurizio Beretta, and Lega Serie A general manager Marco Brunelli. Conte assessed his first four months as Italy coach and gave his opinion on how the clubs and the Italy national team should work in a close relationship.

Conte also spoke during a press conference after the event: “We want to have a more direct and ongoing relationship with all clubs and coaches. All the managers were willing to cooperate and share their experiences and I have listened to what they had to say. It’s been very constructive.” Conte expressed concern about the Azzurri players who are not regular starters at their respective clubs: “I have asked everybody to consider this situation. The players have to help too: If they only play 20 minutes, they should stay on the pitch after the game is over and train some more.”

Antonio Conte is willing to spend more time with his Azzurri players by introducing one specific training camp to prepare for UEFA Euro 2016. “I hope we will have this opportunity. 9th, 10th and 11th February could be a good period for a training camp; we will assess the situation.”

“It has been a sincere discussion,” said FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio. “There has been a bigger openness for cooperation between Serie A and FIGC. We should intensify our relationship: It is fundamental that the Italy head coach and all Serie A managers meet up regularly to discuss important topics.”

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
This next championship will be awesome. I will be rooting for major failure from azzurri. Hopefully a record loss like 11-1 with buffon skipping the game and the fault all on conte for bad selection and bad tactics and bad everything.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Fun thing is that the club gave him the chance even after the scum that he is working for now tried to sabotage his career.
He backstabbed the club who supported him against FIGC, the ones who tried to ruin his career, hilarious stuff. Only in Italia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)