Antonio Conte (18 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well, go back to that season prior to Marotta being hired, and who exactly was Juve going to be able to get to coach the squad? It wasn't as if Mourinho had just walked out the door. They went through Ranieri, Ferrara, and Zaccheroni in the span of 18 months before Agnelli and Marotta got there.
and thats why i said i dont believe any other attainable hire would have gotten us a CL spot

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm just saying, people who bow down and kiss Conte's feet, should also realise that we plucked him out of Serie B obscurity and also gave him the chance to coach the team he supposedly loves AND that stood by him when he was hunted down by his new bumchums in 2012. A little appreciation from him would be nice.

I love the guy as a coach, but really his attitude to us fans since the end of last season til now has been fucking disgraceful.
Conte's never really been a fan's manager.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
My point is we shouldn't be harsh on him. He made his choices! And I am grateful for his three years with us. I wish him all the best!
:agree:

So many people talking shit on him are the same ones that would tell you Conte was one of the best managers in the world.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
yes any other marotta appointed coach would have missed out on CL
And I bet everyone said that about Conte too.

BTW, Conte was Agnelli appointed.

edit:

We wouldn't be here without Conte, but if it weren't for us, he would probably still be coaching the likes of Empolis.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
How competitive? To reach the quarter finals? Maybe, just maybe Conte wanted to reach further than that with Juventus? No, we should aim at Marotta's goals, quarter finals with a favourable draw.
Yes, to reach quarters regularly, as this team possesses enough quality for that goal.
I'd understand his frustrations if after several years Juve wasn't able to go beyond, but when you fail at the very first obstacle, the money or the quality of the players available shouldn't be used as an excuse for your underachievement in Europe.

Anyway investing hundreds of million every summer is in no way a guarantee that you'll be more successful. Real Madrid despite of significant movements on the market failed to reach quarters for 8 years in a row iirc. Then you have lot of examples of many other clubs that with lesser budget managed to go very far in the competition. There are a lot of variables involved, but Conte is all about excuses. We were eliminated by an average Benfica side, the ref was to blame, Benfica players decided to dive all over the pitch, etc... It is never him that takes responsibility for some failures, but all the success is exclusively fruit of his labor.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
When Nedved spoke he was representing the board not only himself.

- - - Updated - - -

How competitive? To reach the quarter finals? Maybe, just maybe Conte wanted to reach further than that with Juventus? No, we should aim at Marotta's goals, quarter finals with a favourable draw.
If it wasn't Nedved, Dusan would've used a name.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think those are actually the club goals. Not QF with a favourable draw, but QF and maybe more with a favourable draw. In statements from management personnel (and the coach) I never see more than that mentioned.

After all, if we put pressure on the coach to have a real go at the CL then we have to put money there to buy the quality required. Hence this will not happen with our financial limitations.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Juventino[RUS];4666603 said:
:lol:
What a nonsense :rofl: Just because Conte was afraid to try something new (atleast he tried 2 times against Real with 433) it's doesn't mean that we were not able to play in new formation, stop idolizing him, he failed because of his stubbornness, because of his not willingness to try something new
Exactly. His stubbornness took us out of CL and EL and we lost ~25m because of it. That's a quality player right there.

If he can't even pass the group stages against two $#@!ing amateur clubs like Galatasaray and Copenhagen. Then the moron has nothing to say, we even lost 25-30M on that. Money we could have spend on good player(s)
:agree:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yes, to reach quarters regularly, as this team possesses enough quality for that goal.
I'd understand his frustrations if after several years Juve wasn't able to go beyond, but when you fail at the very first obstacle, the money or the quality of the players available shouldn't be used as an excuse for your underachievement in Europe.

Anyway investing hundreds of million every summer is in no way a guarantee that you'll be more successful. Real Madrid despite of significant movements on the market failed to reach quarters for 8 years in a row iirc. Then you have lot of examples of many other clubs that with lesser budget managed to go very far in the competition. There are a lot of variables involved, but Conte is all about excuses. We were eliminated by an average Benfica side, the ref was to blame, Benfica players decided to dive all over the pitch, etc... It is never him that takes responsibility for some failures, but all the success is exclusively fruit of his labor.
I remember you were singing another tune last season after we got eliminated from the CL and later on by Benfica.

- - - Updated - - -

I think those are actually the club goals. Not QF with a favourable draw, but QF and maybe more with a favourable draw. In statements from management personnel (and the coach) I never see more than that mentioned.

After all, if we put pressure on the coach to have a real go at the CL then we have to put money there to buy the quality required. Hence this will not happen with our financial limitations.
And this is where it's att, Conte wanted more the club wasn't as ambitious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)