Antonio Conte (150 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I remember you were singing another tune last season after we got eliminated from the CL and later on by Benfica.
One year of failure in Europe can be due to many different circumstances and I expected that some of our shortcomings would get ironed out, and that is with Conte next year. I wasn't pinning the entire blame on him.

After Benfica game, I was disappointed with him, mostly with the statements he made and I believe that I expressed that here.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I understand, but I feel we're going around in circles here. We could have took a different strategy, but I don't think we ever had the means to match what Conte wanted.
And probably this is why we will never assign a coach like Mourinho or Klopp as many here suggest.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
And probably this is why we will never assign a coach like Mourinho or Klopp as many here suggest.
How much does Klopp gets paid? Chump change compared to what he's worth, I bet. And deals with a way lesser budget than Juve. Gotta give props to Dortmund's willingness to develop young players.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Did Klopp complain after losing two of its best players? He works with what is given to him.

Conte couldn't get over losing Matri or Giach.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Probably not those two anyway, but I agree in terms of coaches at that level. Everything we do is a level below the top, we are constantly developing.
Constantly developing? I see it constantly refusing to develop actually.
@ALC it's not about the salary the coach demands but the ambition he has.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I'm just saying, people who bow down and kiss Conte's feet, should also realise that we plucked him out of Serie B obscurity and also gave him the chance to coach the team he supposedly loves AND that stood by him when he was hunted down by his new bumchums in 2012. A little appreciation from him would be nice.

I love the guy as a coach, but really his attitude to us fans since the end of last season til now has been $#@!ing disgraceful.
So history did prove Cronios right after all.

Conte did take the Juve job for selfish reasons... :cronios:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Constantly developing? I see it constantly refusing to develop actually.
@ALC it's not about the salary the coach demands but the ambition he has.
:agree: I can't diss on Conte for not having ambition but that doesn't mean anything if you are stubborn and not willing to try different things.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I remember you were singing another tune last season after we got eliminated from the CL and later on by Benfica.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is where it's att, Conte wanted more the club wasn't as ambitious.
And the Italy NT is?

I'd take Tevez and Llorente over Balotelli and Cassano or other in a heartbeat.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:agree: I can't diss on Conte for not having ambition but that doesn't mean anything if you are stubborn and not willing to try different things.
But the fact remains, a good coach would not agree to work at a club aiming to reach the quarter finals of the CL and that's about it. It's like Shaktar's goal.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Italy NT is?

I'd take Tevez and Llorente over Balotelli and Cassano or other in a heartbeat.
Yes me too and in this case it is not about the players but about the ambition. Italy as a nation participate in international tournaments to win them, in Conte's case he knows what the goal is and he has all the cards he can deal to himself to achieve that. With Juve they wanted him to stay to reach the quarter finals, he wanted to win a trophy other than Serie A and in order to do that he's ask for other players the club is not willing to gamble with.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This talk about management's ambition is so irritating. It's nonsensical. Ambition is directly tied to how much oil money you have lying around nowadays. I guess Monaco has more ambition than us because they spent billions of euros in one summer.

If you actually take a look at the teams that have better squads than us you'll find only a couple that are NOT backed by huge billionaire investors. You'll find basically Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid. The rest of the squads that supposedly have ambition are backed by endless supplies of money.

There are a couple like Arsenal and Bayern that are self-sustaining models which is what we are ALSO trying to achieve but it will take longer than 3 years to get to that level from the ashes that this club was in after Calciopoli.

How some people need this to be spelled out for them is shocking.

And it's also irritating to hear this talk about ambition when Conte could only manage 1 win out of 4 games vs. Copenhagen and Galatasaray. Then he quits. Then there are fans on this board blaming management's ambition? Whattttt? I'm sure management had higher ambition than that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This talk about management's ambition is so irritating. It's nonsensical. Ambition is directly tied to how much oil money you have lying around nowadays. I guess Monaco has more ambition than us because they spent billions of euros in one summer.

If you actually take a look at the teams that have better squads than us you'll find only a couple that are NOT backed by huge billionaire investors. You'll find basically Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid. The rest of the squads that supposedly have ambition are backed by endless supplies of money.

There are a couple like Arsenal and Bayern that are self-sustaining models which is what we are ALSO trying to achieve but it will take longer than 3 years to get to that level from the ashes that this club was in after Calciopoli.

And it's also irritating to hear this talk about ambition when Conte could only manage 1 win out of 4 games vs. Copenhagen and Galatasaray. Then he quits. Then there are fans on this board blaming management's ambition? Whattttt? I'm sure management had higher ambition than that.
This.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007

Wow, straight in their faces.

Bravo my man :tup:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Yea Conte's ambition was to achieve early exits from CL which conflicted directly with what the board expected.

F the STREET

Unibrows and lazy eyes for everyone on me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 135)