Antonio Conte (332 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm going to say this. I really didn't know what to think 3 years ago when they hired him. Yes, he was a Juventino, a former captain.

However, his resume up to that point was a little problematic.

The best way for me to describe how I felt back then is that I was suffering from Lavezzi Syndrome.

Meaning, that at that point, anything was better than what we had.

I am forever grateful for what he did as a coach, but I was never one, and will never be one, to give all the credit to one entity or the other. It is a partnership between club, players and coaching staff. That is the way it has always been, that is the way it should be.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
him being the savior(which he undoubtedly was) and his initial reception are 2 completely different things, have you lost all your ability to be objective and think clearly??
I'm just saying, people who bow down and kiss Conte's feet, should also realise that we plucked him out of Serie B obscurity and also gave him the chance to coach the team he supposedly loves AND that stood by him when he was hunted down by his new bumchums in 2012. A little appreciation from him would be nice.

I love the guy as a coach, but really his attitude to us fans since the end of last season til now has been fucking disgraceful.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
he helped 2 teams get back to serie A

as for thanking http://www1.skysports.com/football/...tonio-conte-leaves-juventus-by-mutual-consent

also how does this interview exonerate the board?? why are you inventing stuff?
About exonerating the board, this is my opinion, not a fact. This presentation was disrespectful, regardless of what he said when he left (and it wasn't much). And come on, he was far and away of having an adequate CV to coach Juventus when he got hired. He owes everything to the club.

As I said, both parties benefited and both should be grateful. But I don't think he is doing that. His ego will end up messing with his development as a coach.

Mar 9, 2006
I'm just saying, people who bow down and kiss Conte's feet, should also realise that we plucked him out of Serie B obscurity and also gave him the chance to coach the team he supposedly loves AND that stood by him when he was hunted down by his new bumchums in 2012. A little appreciation from him would be nice.

I love the guy as a coach, but really his attitude to us fans since the end of last season til now has been fucking disgraceful.
and Marotta gave him Licht, Pirlo, Vidal, Vucinic and ELIA, people often forgot that we signed Elia for 11m on the last day of mercato just because Conte wanted a winger for his 424 formation, short memory is a very bad thing, now he wanted Sanchez 40m, the same sanchez who either never defend like Elia or Krasic, guys who were benched because of it...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
him being the savior(which he undoubtedly was) and his initial reception are 2 completely different things, have you lost all your ability to be objective and think clearly??

- - - Updated - - -

what i thought about his appointment is irrelevant, whats relevant is what he has done, and he did save this team organization, another season at 7th and god knows where we would be now.

Hold on. Your previous comment was that Conte was right. But he wouldn't have had this chance to be proven right unless Juve gave him that chance 3 years ago. So it is relevant. If you just want to look at the end result, then that is fine, but what gave you the inclination that he would have been the one to help take this club over the top?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Juventino[RUS];4666777 said:
He was saviour? So you are really confident that any other coach would fail with the squad that Conte had?
yes any other marotta appointed coach would have missed out on CL

i dont see it that way but thats your opinion

About exonerating the board, this is my opinion, not a fact. This presentation was disrespectful, regardless of what he said when he left (and it wasn't much). And come on, he was far and away of having an adequate CV to coach Juventus when he got hired. He owes everything to the club.

As I said, both parties benefited and both should be grateful. But I don't think he is doing that. His ego will end up messing with his development as a coach.
:D you are driving me nuts bro i just linked you to his resignation interview where thanks everyone.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Hold on. Your previous comment was that Conte was right. But he wouldn't have had this chance to be proven right unless Juve gave him that chance 3 years ago. So it is relevant. If you just want to look at the end result, then that is fine, but what gave you the inclination that he would have been the one to help take this club over the top?
my opinion on his appt is what is irrelevant. The club choosing him is of course relevant.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Just being realistic, we couldn't match his obviously extremely high ambitions. Or at least he was not willing or perhaps able to try to bridge that gap in the way Dortmund, Atlético and a few others have successfully done in recent years. This would have been really hard to achieve, and he obviously didn't fancy it.

For those talking about the management and ambition, our 'ambition' is always going to be limited by our finances. We could be super ambitious with lots of money, that's very easy. You might not agree with the players we sign, or the strategy, but that is always agreed upon as a group, something Conte was part of and increasingly influential with. Obviously not enough from his perspective. But on the other hand you can't stomp your feet about quality when several of the said dreaded squad players signed have your mark all over them.
Extremely high ambitions? I guess asking for one player that makes a difference is extremely high then yes....

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
yes any other marotta appointed coach would have missed out on CL

i dont see it that way but thats your opinion

:D you are driving me nuts bro i just linked you to his resignation interview where thanks everyone.

Ironic that you say that, considering the coach did hire 4 years ago had just come off of an improbable feat of getting Sampdoria to the Champions League. :D

Couldn't blame him back hen for going with what he knew

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I just wanted your opinion on what you thought of the hire at the time.

I guess that was too much to ask.
i actually dont remember tbh but no way did i expect him to do what he did

Ironic that you say that, considering the coach did hire 4 years ago had just come off of an improbable feat of getting Sampdoria to the Champions League. :D

Couldn't blame him back hen for going with what he knew

thats the thing, too linear

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
Truth be told, so should he.

Neither Juve nor himself are in the positions they are now without each other. Especially in the case of Conte. If Agnelli doesn't take the chance on him, who knows where Conte ends up. Nowhere close to being the coach of Italy, I can tell you that.

- - - Updated - - -

The team won nothing with Ancellotti either, so what is your point exactly?

That Juve suddenly are no longer going to win anything because Conte is gone?

Newsflash, far better coaches in the history of Italian football have coached this club over the past century.
My point is we shouldn't be harsh on him. He made his choices! And I am grateful for his three years with us. I wish him all the best!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i actually dont remember tbh but no way did i expect him to do what he did

thats the thing, too linear

Well, go back to that season prior to Marotta being hired, and who exactly was Juve going to be able to get to coach the squad? It wasn't as if Mourinho had just walked out the door. They went through Ranieri, Ferrara, and Zaccheroni in the span of 18 months before Agnelli and Marotta got there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 325)