Antonio Conte (35 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 9, 2006
but whats the ambition? when are we planning to mount a serious challenge to win in CL and i am not talking freak far off chance a la atletico, this team's window is closing, if we dont strengthen now, then replacing the likes of pirlo, buffon, barzagli, and tevez will take longer not to mention the attrition their departure will cause. Wed need at least another 5-6 years.
It's impossible to replace Pirlo and Buffon, they are one of kind, we don't need a replacement for them, as for new goalkeeper we own Leali, also Bardi, Scouffet etc. are available, there is no problem to find a new decent goalkeeper, as for Pirlo we will need another top central midfielder and we'll have money to spend on him if Pogba will leave and if not then it's him who will replace Pirlo

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
but whats the ambition? when are we planning to mount a serious challenge to win in CL and i am not talking freak far off chance a la atletico, this team's window is closing, if we dont strengthen now, then replacing the likes of pirlo, buffon, barzagli, and tevez will take longer not to mention the attrition their departure will cause. Wed need at least another 5-6 years.
Well he supposedly loves Juve and it's his first real top club job. Why leave it just after 3 years? Considering how old is he and if he doesn't plan to retire in 5 years the conditions for him at our club were perfect. Yet he choose to leave in not a very nice way.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I think keeping our best players despite receiving massive offers aswell as the players themselves being offered silly wages.

I guess I've bought into the provincial mentality probably but in this day and age where I know the club doesn't have enough funds to compete keeping our best players is what I hope for.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Juventino[RUS];4666611 said:
It's impossible to replace Pirlo and Buffon, they are one of kind, we don't need a replacement for them, as for new goalkeeper we own Leali, also Bardi, Scouffet etc. are available, there is not problem to find new decent goalkeeper, as for Pirlo we will need another top central midfielder and we'll have money to spend on him if Pogba will leave and if not then it's him who will replace Pirlo

the more reason to actually capitalize on this group now

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

quote please

Maybe, just maybe, this is now the reality of where this club is?

A team that will need to catch lightning in a bottle to make a serious run.

It's a bitter pill to swallow

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
@X,

Conte - "Honestly, I had a plan to improve technically-tactically by going around Europe & try to also improve in other languages & to wait for a possibility of arriving at a top European club during or after the season"

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well he supposedly loves Juve and it's his first real top club job. Why leave it just after 3 years? Considering how old is he and if he doesn't plan to retire in 5 years the conditions for him at our club were perfect. Yet he choose to leave in not a very nice way.

supposedly? come on man :D lets not equate juventus with this mgmt please, if i have a problem with agnelli or marotta does it mean i dont like juve? if anything he reacts like one of us, a true fan. He didnt adhere to this board's philosophy, i dont either. So instead of just going through the motion without being convinced in the project he left. thats my take.

- - - Updated - - -

@X,

Conte - "Honestly, I had a plan to improve technically-tactically by going around Europe & try to also improve in other languages & to wait for a possibility of arriving at a top European club during or after the season"

you do realize this is the exact opposite of the way you interpreted it

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
No, had the United job had been offered him this Summer, he would've took it. Hence why he took the Italy job so quickly if he didn't want to stay in management he would've had a year off, instead he had 35 days off.

There's no other interpretation in my book.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
indeed :agree: but i see it more like the arsenal of europe, constantly and consistently coming short only to sell our best players and start from scratch again
We've resisted that for two years but we can't have it every way, keep our best players and then spend 100 million on the market. We don't have that money.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No, had the United job had been offered him this Summer, he would've took it. Hence why he took the Italy job so quickly if he didn't want to stay in management he would've had a year off, instead he had 35 days off.

There's no other interpretation in my book.
With a translater ?

If Conte is serious, he should start taking english lessions

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
supposedly? come on man :D lets not equate juventus with this mgmt please, if i have a problem with agnelli or marotta does it mean i dont like juve? if anything he reacts like one of us, a true fan. He didnt adhere to this board's philosophy, i dont either. So instead of just going through the motion without being convinced in the project he left. thats my take.
Haha, can't rep you, but I knew supposedly will be baited :D

Nah, management Juve are two different things for me too. Maybe the late Agnelli could be equated, but not this one, not yet at least.

And as for him leaving for those reasons you say I have nothing against him. Like I said am against his timing. The man was here for three years had lots of says in the transfer market he knew that if he agrees to continue for at least one year there won't suddenly appear goose that lays golden eggs, he knew the situation he was getting into. And leaving just at the start of the training camp leaving club like that is what I don't like.

I'm thankful for what he did, but the way he left us really messed up what could have been and should have been normal parting of ways.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
indeed :agree: but i see it more like the arsenal of europe, constantly and consistently coming short only to sell our best players and start from scratch again
Well, here's the thing in regards to the Arsenal comparison.

If we were having this conversation 3 years ago, you would be absolutely right.

however, look at what Arsenal have done over the past couple of seasons. Have they really followed the model that everyone wants to pick on Wenger for? Look who they have brought in the last couple of seasons, the money they have sepnt. But, it took them time to do that.

In regards to your previous comment on replacing the likes of Pirlo and Buffon and what not, I think these wheels have been in motion for the past couple of seasons.

Leali, Berardi for example. Peryera, Morata, Coman this year. Not replacing the players like for like, but replacing talent with talent, not being restricted to only playing one type of formation and tactic.

This, I think, would have been the endgame regardless of who was coaching. Get young, talented players, and get them in a system that works.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Maybe, just maybe, this is now the reality of where this club is?

A team that will need to catch lightning in a bottle to make a serious run.

It's a bitter pill to swallow
:agree: I think there is no shame in selling the club to a Sheik or an Oligarch. I'd like us to be in a legitimate position to actually win the CL every year. Historically, we deserve this, just as much as Barca, Real, and Bayern do. I mean look at the likes of Chelsea and PSG; they are doing quite alright for themselves.

I don't want to wait another decade (or more) to see us in a CL semi or final, let alone win it.

And no, I am not satisfied with winning Serie A every year if it means we suck in Europe, because failure to be competitive in Europe results in players wanting to go elsewhere, and then we will just fall behind even further.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
He is right when the club is busy buying Pereyra and I don't know who...he wants to win big and our management are busy strengthening the bench. He said it as it is, the pill that is bitter to swallow is Marotta's ambition.

If he can't even pass the group stages against two fucking amateur clubs like Galatasaray and Copenhagen. Then the moron has nothing to say, we even lost 25-30M on that. Money we could have spend on good player(s)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:agree: I think there is no shame in selling the club to a Sheik or an Oligarch. I'd like us to be in a legitimate position to actually win the CL every year. Historically, we deserve this, just as much as Barca, Real, and Bayern do. I mean look at the likes of Chelsea and PSG; they are doing quite alright for themselves.

I don't want to wait another decade (or more) to see us in a CL semi or final, let alone win it.

And no, I am not satisfied with winning Serie A every year if it means we suck in Europe, because failure to be competitive in Europe results in players wanting to go elsewhere, and then we will just fall behind even further.
I don't think that is the answer.

I know that sounds weird but let's think about this for a second. Why haven't any Sheiks, or Princes, or Oil Barons come into Serie A to buy any of these clubs?

We are talking about clubs with history, some with histories greater than the likes of Chelsea and PSG, when talking about Inter, and Milan for example. Clubs that had domestic, and more importantly, European success in their history, and were able to sustain it for a longer period of time.

A club like Roma for example, the #1 team in one of the most prestigious cities in the world.

Nary a sniff from the aforementioned billionaires?

Why is that? Well, from where I stand, what is there to invest in? Why spend all of that money, when with FFP breathing down your neck, you would have to end up paying it back and then some when the league, and consequently, the club you own, won't be able to generate enough revenue to keep up with your spending? Everything is antiquated, everything is backwards in the peninsula. So, if I'm one of those prospective owners with all that money, I would rather take a chance on a mid table team in the EPL or La Liga, and at least get good return on my investment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)