Antonio Conte (316 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
but whats the ambition? when are we planning to mount a serious challenge to win in CL
I don't think we are, in the way you mean. How do we realistically compete? We are the 9th wealthiest club, playing in the 4th tier league. So it's not easy to attract or afford players of a certain calibre.

Even if you completely discard that then in the theoretical 'best case scenario' this summer, we sign Alexis Sanchez. The cost for him and his four year salary is the same amount we signed all our other players for this summer (inc. their buy-out clauses, with 5-year contracts). Clearly we have some money to spend so there is something left. We could assume we would sign Alexis, Romulo, Evra and Coman and be ok. That does still leave us short in CF and DC, but on paper we are still barely scratching the top 8 in terms of favourites on paper. We are currently 11th favourites.

I'm trying to sound more realist than defeatist, but we simply need more revenue to not only build but hold onto a team full of quality, there are so many money clubs and institutions around that you have to pay a lot just to retain players.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't think that is the answer.

I know that sounds weird but let's think about this for a second. Why haven't any Sheiks, or Princes, or Oil Barons come into Serie A to buy any of these clubs?

We are talking about clubs with history, some with histories greater than the likes of Chelsea and PSG, when talking about Inter, and Milan for example. Clubs that had domestic, and more importantly, European success in their history, and were able to sustain it for a longer period of time.

A club like Roma for example, the #1 team in one of the most prestigious cities in the world.

Nary a sniff from the aforementioned billionaires?

Why is that? Well, from where I stand, what is there to invest in? Why spend all of that money, when with FFP breathing down your neck, you would have to end up paying it back and then some when the league, and consequently, the club you own, won't be able to generate enough revenue to keep up with your spending? Everything is antiquated, everything is backwards in the peninsula. So, if I'm one of those prospective owners with all that money, I would rather take a chance on a mid table team in the EPL or La Liga, and at least get good return on my investment.
:agree: The problem is Serie A as a whole. The mentality, the infrastructure, outdated Stadiums, etc...

Mar 9, 2006
All this crap about Sanchez/Cuadrado is making me sick :sergio: One moron aka Conte said it and now his personal fans are dancing around these surnames for 24/7 :sergio: Even with RONALDO and other trillion of stars players Real Madrid has failed to win the CL for 13 years, but MISTER Conte was so confident that if Juventus will splash 40m on one of his dream players Juventus will have a successful run in europe....Big names doesn't give you success, they give you better chances but not success, to be successful you need 2 things - hard work and dedication, that's it, fuck all his crap about us being not able to spend big, we arleady spend around 70 millions of pound in this summer and we still about to make 2 signings lol, even without transfers our 13/14 squad was good enough to go through the group stage round of CL, yet he was blablablaing about how empty our pockets are, comple bullshit, and if money is nothing for him why he didn't ask for low salary?It obviously he wouldn't coach Italy if Tavecchio offered him 300-500k salary per year

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
A coach who has won three consecutive titles, setting a record points tally, and going an entire season undefeated. His accomplishments with us in Serie A speak for themselves really.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4666693 said:
but it's not about achievements, next thing we know he will be the next coach of inter lol
Next thing we know he is the devil.

Why not make up more stuff to insult?

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
Juventino[RUS];4666603 said:
:lol:
What a nonsense :rofl: Just because Conte was afraid to try something new (atleast he tried 2 times against Real with 433) it's doesn't mean that we were not able to play in new formation, stop idolizing him, he failed because of his stubbornness, because of his not willingness to try something new
Okay he was very bad coach, why are you butthurt for him leaving for Italy NT!
I wanted to reply to you, but then I remembered you're a troll.
not a troll at all.

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
If Juve had put the three stars on their shirt two years ago, he would probably answered 32 titles, but Juve's management were pussies, and now you expect from Conte to say 32!

Pretty please!

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't think we are, in the way you mean. How do we realistically compete? We are the 9th wealthiest club, playing in the 4th tier league. So it's not easy to attract or afford players of a certain calibre.

Even if you completely discard that then in the theoretical 'best case scenario' this summer, we sign Alexis Sanchez. The cost for him and his four year salary is the same amount we signed all our other players for this summer (inc. their buy-out clauses, with 5-year contracts). Clearly we have some money to spend so there is something left. We could assume we would sign Alexis, Romulo, Evra and Coman and be ok. That does still leave us short in CF and DC, but on paper we are still barely scratching the top 8 in terms of favourites on paper. We are currently 11th favourites.

I'm trying to sound more realist than defeatist, but we simply need more revenue to not only build but hold onto a team full of quality, there are so many money clubs and institutions around that you have to pay a lot just to retain players.
yes but with alexis now and another prime player next year where would we stand in 15/16? what seems to escape everyone is that even atletico did drop 40 mil on one player 2 years ago, you cant mount a serious challenge with bargains you have to break the bank on real value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 310)