Antonio Conte (72 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
This reminds me to the current transfercampaign

Conte was given such an excellent team. Allegri didnt really need upgrades, apart from a natural left back wich easely enables the back4. And he got that.

The current squat was more then good enough for QF CL, and it still is. Hence, Pogba is a year older now, and what if Coman and/or Morata grab their chances

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Conte was given such an excellent team. Allegri didnt really need upgrades, apart from a natural left back wich easely enables the back4. And he got that.

The current squat was more then good enough for QF CL, and it still is. Hence, Pogba is a year older now, and what if Coman and/or Morata grab their chances
Exactly. The team (on paper) is now better after this mercato. Both from a Starting 11 AND bench/depth point of view. Last year's group stage exit is completely on Conte and his inability to be flexible with his tactics. That isn't the BOD's fault but there are some here that won't admit it. We should have done better in the CL last year but that is one of Conte's weaknesses is his flexibility which sorta snaps a perfect pic of him in this situation as well: his way or the highway.

Coman and Morata will be pleasant surprises, wait and see. I am curious about this Pereyra get as well. Evra will be great for at least 2 season. Maybe not his old self but a fuck ton better than Molinaro, Chiellini @LB, Asamoah @LB, Peluso, Caceras @LB, etc. We finally have a solid body to kick ass there.

We still have 3 weeks left. :touched:

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
The biggest problem with Conte was his defeated attitude towards the CL.

We were out of the CL before it even started. No one can tell me we didn't have the talent to defeat Copenhagen, Nordsjaelland, and Galatasaray.

Our players thought we were inferior to everyone because of Conte's press conferences and our defensive tactics didn't help either.

Conte had the league down pat, but when it came to Europe we were absolutely pathetic.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
How is that contradictory?
how do you see us being one of the elites again? the less successful we are on the field, the bigger the gap with the ultra rich. In a shit league, our best chance is to be successful continentally NOW and lock in more lucrative endorsements to get the players we want in spite of the league's state. the longer we wait the more we slip into irrelevance, even if we raise a crop of good players they would want out.

- - - Updated - - -

and so are pirlo, barzagli, buffon, and tevez

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
he gave us grinta and motivation theres no denying that but he still has alot to learn tactic-wise which is why i think he wouldve been better off staying here...our play was so unimaginative and predictable alot of which was down to the coach...i feel if he goes somewhere else, esp in another league and esp if it were a top or near top tier team, he would be exposed...
Who knows, maybe we would have crashed with him at the helm a couple more years. His best trait was his grinta and his inspirational speeches to the players, not to mention his manhandling, but his coaching prowess and inventive was pretty average. His subs were average and sometimes borderline clueless.

Having an uninspired Conte for another year could have been a disaster waiting to happen. If he was not fired enought to fire our own players...then yeah..

And yes, if he was going to quit, he should have done it without letting Marotta or Agnelli influnce him.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
how do you see us being one of the elites again? the less successful we are on the field, the bigger the gap with the ultra rich. In a shit league, our best chance is to be successful continentally NOW and lock in more lucrative endorsements to get the players we want in spite of the league's state. the longer we wait the more we slip into irrelevance, even if we raise a crop of good players they would want out.

- - - Updated - - -

and so are pirlo, barzagli, buffon, and tevez
Pirlo aging isnt really an issue, since the team is entirely setting up for a future without his role
Buffon well people, including myself, made the wrong analysis a year ago that he was finished and past it, yet the second part of the season and at the euro's, he grow once again to an incredible level. He's still the best keeper in Italy, and he's not quitting soon.
Tevez didnt really look like he was hobbeling off last season, and he didnt had a world cup, he'll be fresh to fire again. i expect him to keep this level for this year and the folowing, wich is his last before he returns to argentina.
Barzagli is a hidden issue. He doesnt play for half a year, comes back and is instant world class. He's still gonna play at this level for a while, but fitness seems to be the struggle. Kinda like Nesta, who made Messi look like the peasant he is at the age of 37.

The thing is that italy isnt producing promising centre backs. Ogbonna was by far the best looking prospect so Marotta took him, be he aint quite the new chiellini.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Pirlo aging isnt really an issue, since the team is entirely setting up for a future without his role
Buffon well people, including myself, made the wrong analysis a year ago that he was finished and past it, yet the second part of the season and at the euro's, he grow once again to an incredible level. He's still the best keeper in Italy, and he's not quitting soon.
Tevez didnt really look like he was hobbeling off last season, and he didnt had a world cup, he'll be fresh to fire again. i expect him to keep this level for this year and the folowing, wich is his last before he returns to argentina.
Barzagli is a hidden issue. He doesnt play for half a year, comes back and is instant world class. He's still gonna play at this level for a while, but fitness seems to be the struggle. Kinda like Nesta, who made Messi look like the peasant he is at the age of 37.

The thing is that italy isnt producing promising centre backs. Ogbonna was by far the best looking prospect so Marotta took him, be he aint quite the new chiellini.
How is this team setting up for a future without Pirlo's role?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)