Antonio Conte (50 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I'm somehow seeing that happening under allegri. I mean to my eyes who's used to see Juve's game and players' roles utterly strict and super organized under Conte, these coupla games feel just so different. Players seem to be all over the pitch, specially when attacking.
I don't know if it's a good thing or bad, makes us more unpredictable or easier to break down.
That is most likely due to the fact that they were just a pre-season friendlies I reckon. Teams are normally much more loosely organised playing them than real matches, for obvious reasons.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
im pretty sure we got at least one last season cause i remembr thinking "oh fuck it's another short corner" and then seeing it go in..

i also remember seeing a corner we took that went to Buffon against Benfica.
Yes, that was it!

The 'defensive corner' I was thinking about :lol: :lol:

All the shit teams in World football view corners as a way of scoring, we viewed it somehow as a negative thing.

- - - Updated - - -

#Conte'sCorners

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I remember reading an article a while back that pointed out how futile most corners were. They rarely result in goals for any team.
In the PL it was something like 2% scored, and 15% where the attacking team even got an attempt at goal. So essentially that's why some team play short corners, to turn it back into a more random crossing opportunity (albeit with more players in the box).

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006

It's almost impossible to score from corner even in England, in Italy the possibility is lower around 1%

that's what short corner is giving you, the possibily to get flick, ricochet because you are making cross from much closer distance and so on like Marchisio's goal against England, it was terrific build up play of Italians but overall corner kicks lead to goals about 3 percent of the time

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
mos teams don't hav a pirlo, or xavi or alonso that can send accurate passes
Pirlo is terrible at corners, unfortunately. One of his weaknesses. Infact, the only times we scored a header from a corner kick is when he was out due to injury/sub/rest or whatever (just last season Chiellini vs Bologna and Llorente vs Samp come to my mind, both kicked by Tevez). When he crosses, he beats some really low and short corners, very difficult to score from them, in every fucking match. Probably he has still too much of a reputation to be said that he can't beat them, both by players and coaches, and for sure that won't change with Allegri, that doesn't want to feed the ridiculous story that he is "against him" since the Milan departure...

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
He's ok at penalties, nothing special. I think his extremely relaxed way of playing goes against him during penalties and long range corners. He's not the type of player to just put his foot through the ball and whack one. He goes for pure placement.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
But guys, it's not like we were crossing immediately after the short corner. We were literally just passing it straight back to midfield. Occasionally, Pirlo would get it back from Tevez and feint 4 or 5 or 6 times and then get a cross in but that was about it. :howler:

maljeaux

Aug 6, 2014
But guys, it's not like we were crossing immediately after the short corner. We were literally just passing it straight back to midfield. Occasionally, Pirlo would get it back from Tevez and feint 4 or 5 or 6 times and then get a cross in but that was about it. :howler:
this was one of the most perplexing thing about our football at times under Conte...i dont see how any coach would not address this issue properly..or maybe he couldnt...

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yep, not sure how some people have forgotten our short corners. Pretty sure every live thread went in meltdown when we needed a goal only to pass it short and then try something really stupid.

It's not like we constantly done a short corner, got Pirlo into a better position to cross and tried that. We just passed it back half way up the pitch then tried something that would never work because the opposition had their entire team back defending it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 39)