Antonio Conte (16 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
@Raz My dear fellow Juventino, I wasn't talking about whether he left in an appropriate manner or not. I was responding to Hustini about the validity of considering his departure as a breach of a promise, as honoring a contract and keeping a promise are not the same thing. A contract can be looked upon as an obligation, but I don't ever recall Conte promising anything.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yeah, was not a good way to leave us after 3 great years. Just quit in May. "Ohh but Agnelli convinced him to stay"…So? Your gut/first instinct is usually the right one, and lets be honest, there was huge signs before the end of last season that he was thinking of leaving.
Yep, I think it started even before, somewhere before the end of his second season with us.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I've had bad jobs before, where I was the subject of verbal, and sometimes, physical abuse. I had more promises made to me that were broken that I care to imagine. I had a job where I had to take a 35000.00 paycut in the course of a 6 month span.

Please don't try and sit here and say that Conte was in such a horrible position because they couldn't get him Sanchez or they were going to sell Vidal. He was the highest paid coach in the peninsula for the most glamorous team in Italy and a brand name all across the globe.

Let's also remember that he was at his worst possible point in his career when Juve came calling. His reputation, and deservedly so, was in the shitter when he got hired.

He owes Juve as much as most of you think that Juve owe him.

He wouldn't be in this position where he can take a year off, and then basically pick his next job, if Juve, and especially Agnelli, didn't take a huge gamble on him.

Stop making this guy out to be a saint, because his current and past history reflect that he is far from it.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
@Raz My dear fellow Juventino, I wasn't talking about whether he left in an appropriate manner or not. I was responding to Hustini about the validity of considering his departure as a breach of a promise, as honoring a contract and keeping a promise are not the same thing. A contract can be looked upon as an obligation, but I don't ever recall Conte promising anything.
In that case yeah :D but let's be honest about this, who here supports Juve in that way? It's football, emotions and everything. Plus the guy was not some random employee, but someone who proclaimed his love at of the club at every chance, so him leaving like this makes it even worse imo.

Anyway, I agree about the contract stuff. But the thing is here in EU you usually cannot rip your contract same day you quit or the day before, there has to be a notice some sort. So still he was unprofessional doing so :p

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I've had bad jobs before, where I was the subject of verbal, and sometimes, physical abuse. I had more promises made to me that were broken that I care to imagine. I had a job where I had to take a 35000.00 paycut in the course of a 6 month span.

Please don't try and sit here and say that Conte was in such a horrible position because they couldn't get him Sanchez or they were going to sell Vidal. He was the highest paid coach in the peninsula for the most glamorous team in Italy and a brand name all across the globe.

Let's also remember that he was at his worst possible point in his career when Juve came calling. His reputation, and deservedly so, was in the shitter when he got hired.

He wouldn't be in this position where he can take a year off, and then basically pick his next job, if Juve, and especially Agnelli, didn't take a huge gamble on him.

Stop making this guy out to be a saint, because his current and past history reflect that he is far from it.
He isn't a saint. However, some people are going overboard with their criticism. At the end of the day, he is a human being, and he made a judgement call, albeit the wrong one from the perspective of many.

Btw, kudos to you for putting up with all the crap. I would've either assaulted someone, set the place on fire, or fucked off without as much as a notice.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I love how Cronios originally calling Conte selfish for taking the Juventus job when he was a fairly inexperienced coach with a bit of a poor track record in Serie A, and when we had nothing to lose after two 7th place finished…and then the one time Conte actually acts in a selfish manner and leaves the club at a terrible time, he blames Marotta, Agnelli and the board :lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He isn't a saint. However, some people are going overboard with their criticism. At the end of the day, he is a human being, and he made a judgement call, albeit the wrong one from the perspective of many.

Btw, kudos to you for putting up with all the crap. I would've either assaulted someone, set the place on fire, or fucked off without as much as a notice.
What bugs me is that so many people say that he was in such a terrible position.

No, a terrible position is being a coach of Milan, where your best players get sold from under your nose and you have to make do with scraps, and because the players that they gave you are either past it, or total shit, you get kicked to the curb when you are given a sub mid table team and finish off in the mid table.

That is a shitty job.

Working for terrible ownership is when you work for a club such as Palermo where the owner changes coaches the way that most people change their underwear. And then they hire you back, and then they fire you. And when they fire you, he calls you the worst coach in history, and when he re-hires you, he labels you as a genius.

THOSE are terrible situations.

Juve was far from a terrible situation. If it was so bad, how come none of the players so far have expressed a desire to leave?

See, this is what bothers me.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
how about being so uncompromising that one cant do a thing unless their heart is a 100% in it? People i guess are so mad that they forget who this guy is.

And @King of Kings not that your situations are comparable, but if you had the means would take the abuse?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
how about being so uncompromising that one cant do a thing unless their heart is a 100% in it? People i guess are so mad that they forget who this guy is.

And @King of Kings not that your situations are comparable, but if you had the means would take the abuse?
If I had the means, I still would have taken it, because I know that I wouldn't be where I am in regards to the industry that I am in, the respect that I have gotten in many states for my work, and the level of financial comfort that I am able to provide for my wife and I if I didn't go through those trials, if I didn't learn to rise above it and keep focused on what I needed to do.

And I get it. He wasn't 100% committed. And the timing sucked. It doesn't mean that someone has to be right and someone has to be wrong though, does it?

For lack of a better phrase, does it always have to be so black and white?

We know nothing of the situation that led to him quitting. All we know is what Nedved told us, that he was burnt out. And if that wasn't the case, don't you think that someone as outspoken as Conte would have said something by now? He's never been one to hold back.

He hit the wall. Fine. Everybody does. I seem to hit the wall every single day, but what bothers me is that people are so quick to assume that he was in such a terrible position at Juve.

Look, you and I know that there are very few positions in football where you can basically get whatever you want, and those positions aren't available, and I truly doubt that those positions, unless someone unexpectedly retires, are going to be available next season.

What reason would the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, PSg, Chelsea have to fire their coach, and why would the coaches of those aforementioned teams want to leave their club anyway?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
If I had the means, I still would have taken it, because I know that I wouldn't be where I am in regards to the industry that I am in, the respect that I have gotten in many states for my work, and the level of financial comfort that I am able to provide for my wife and I if I didn't go through those trials, if I didn't learn to rise above it and keep focused on what I needed to do.

And I get it. He wasn't 100% committed. And the timing sucked. It doesn't mean that someone has to be right and someone has to be wrong though, does it?

For lack of a better phrase, does it always have to be so black and white?

We know nothing of the situation that led to him quitting. All we know is what Nedved told us, that he was burnt out. And if that wasn't the case, don't you think that someone as outspoken as Conte would have said something by now? He's never been one to hold back.

He hit the wall. Fine. Everybody does. I seem to hit the wall every single day, but what bothers me is that people are so quick to assume that he was in such a terrible position at Juve.

Look, you and I know that there are very few positions in football where you can basically get whatever you want, and those positions aren't available, and I truly doubt that those positions, unless someone unexpectedly retires, are going to be available next season.

What reason would the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, PSg, Chelsea have to fire their coach, and why would the coaches of those aforementioned teams want to leave their club anyway?

philosophical differences, and if it's about football id side with someone who knows it best. It's not necessarily a 'terrible' position, but i can see it being a very frustrating one.

As far as conte, not saying anything, my guess he wants to work with us in the future, and had he broken the code of silence that would not happen.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:lol: :howler: Honoring your contract is not a promise, but an obligation if you wish for it be so. Imagine you are sick and tired of your job. You can leave before your contract is up, can't you? You don't like you co-workers or the new guy. Your boss is a sack of shit. You were promised a raise and/or a promotion, but that didn't materialize. Would you still stick around? In most cases, 2-3 months notice is sufficient. You don't have to stay until the end to honor your contract now, do you?!
:lol:

He was given 2 raises. He was given the best midfield in the Europe. He was given a #10 that he had been wanting. We never sold anyone of our top players like he had asked (Still haven't).

He shouldn't have agreed to stay on instead of puss out the first day of pre-season. He should have been man enough to say no back in May. Whatever happens to this team if it slips down in performance you can thank Conte for because we were rushed to sign someone again and that isn't the fault of the boards. The BOD met pretty much all of his demands and if not then that makes him even more of a little whinebag.

We dominated 3 years part in what Conte was able to do and part in what our BOD was able to deliver him. Oh, and a new stadium.

He was given contract improvements, new players (some best in the world in their positions), depth, stadium, and support.

WHEN HE SIGNED HIS CONTRACTS HE KNEW EXACTLY HOW THE BOARD WAS GOING TO DO BUSINESS ON THE MARKETS. Knowing that, he has no right to bitch the way he did or the way you all claim he did.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said, Serg. Hope to +rep your brain here.

- - - Updated - - -

Overboard with criticism? All we are saying is he left unprofessionally and he rightfully deserves an earful from his fans that supported him.

If anything, the only people going overboard are the ones making excuses (like you) and pointing fingers at the BOD like they pushed him out.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how Cronios originally calling Conte selfish for taking the Juventus job when he was a fairly inexperienced coach with a bit of a poor track record in Serie A, and when we had nothing to lose after two 7th place finished…and then the one time Conte actually acts in a selfish manner and leaves the club at a terrible time, he blames Marotta, Agnelli and the board :lol:
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

What bugs me is that so many people say that he was in such a terrible position.

No, a terrible position is being a coach of Milan, where your best players get sold from under your nose and you have to make do with scraps, and because the players that they gave you are either past it, or total shit, you get kicked to the curb when you are given a sub mid table team and finish off in the mid table.

That is a shitty job.

Working for terrible ownership is when you work for a club such as Palermo where the owner changes coaches the way that most people change their underwear. And then they hire you back, and then they fire you. And when they fire you, he calls you the worst coach in history, and when he re-hires you, he labels you as a genius.

THOSE are terrible situations.

Juve was far from a terrible situation. If it was so bad, how come none of the players so far have expressed a desire to leave?

See, this is what bothers me.
Please keep going. Preach the good word.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
philosophical differences, and if it's about football id side with someone who knows it best. It's not necessarily a 'terrible' position, but i can see it being a very frustrating one.

As far as conte, not saying anything, my guess he wants to work with us in the future, and had he broken the code of silence that would not happen.
If this was such a frustrating place to work, then how did Sir Alex Ferguson feel, considering that he only won 2 Champions league trophies in 27 years with Manchester United?

Manchester FUCKING United. One of the richest clubs in the world.

And he had total control of the transfer market, no less, so any failures in Europe would be directly attributed to him.

I think that maybe, just maybe, Conte wanted too much, too soon. I mean, he was only the coach for three seasons. If he were in his tenth season as coach and this was happening, hell, even the most ardent Anti -Conte people out there would have no choice but to side with him.

Everyone knows that this is a slow burn with Juve. They are a big fish in a very small pond right now, where the only other team in the league that has any sense of forward thinking is Roma. What Juve have had to do , they have literally had to do it on their own.

And this brings me to another subject which has pissed me off for years on this forum, where people kept saying "Fuck the League, as long as Juve do well"

Well, guess what. You got your wish. Now, nobody wants to come and play in Serie A, they've lost a CL spot, and could lose another one in the next few years, the stadiums are a mess, the politics of the league have practically ruined it.

And because of it, they have missed out on the European Championships more times than I care to imagine, and are not even remotely close to being in consideration for a WC. Meanwhile, leagues such as the Bundesliga, due in large part to a collective agreement that was good for the league, are now in the top echelon of leagues that Italy USED to be in.

And in your last comment, my friend, where you are assuming that Conte wants to come back to the club in some capacity. Wouldn't that lead you to believe that things were not nearly as bad as many have imagined?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And trust me, if I Didn't love and adore Conte as much as I do, then I wouldn't even remotely care less that he left.

I wanted him to be our Sir Alex.

But Sir Alex had patience, and that is something that unfortunately Antonio does not have.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yep. SAF was much more patient than Conte was. Conte too many times used the media to vent about his frustrations as well, I don't recall seeing SAF venting other than what happened on the pitch.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Yes we don't know what happened, and I'm not speculating on what transpired either.

At face value, Conte inexplicably walked out on the team, and deserves criticism for it.
Wow. First time I'm posting in here since the news hit.

Thanks for everything you've given us in the past 3 seasons. All the wins, all those records, bringing back our grinta and our mentality. But I just can't condone the way you left us just before the season started. I'll never be able to forgive him for this, no matter how much I love him and all that he's given us.

I hope he fails wherever he goes. But I know one day he'll come crawling back to us, and all will be good in the world again.

All very well said. :tup:

Conte was special for us. He did so much for us. But Juventus did so much for him too.

We stood by him when he was in the spotlight for match fixing and he didn't stand by us and dropped us in a horrible situation.

I'll never forget what Conte did for us, but I'll also never forget what Conte did to us.

Anyways that's in the past now. We have a new coach now, and I'll stand by him 100%. Allegri is our new leader.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sergio and Husty :delpiero:

Knocking em out of the park boys.

Remember when Marotta/Paratici gave Conte Tevez and Llorente...and he still whinged in the media that we sold Matri and Giaccherini lol.
:tup:

He was mad about Giach :howler:

Joe brings up a good point, we stood firm in support when the match fixing scandal broke out.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
If this was such a frustrating place to work, then how did Sir Alex Ferguson feel, considering that he only won 2 Champions league trophies in 27 years with Manchester United?

Manchester FUCKING United. One of the richest clubs in the world.

And he had total control of the transfer market, no less, so any failures in Europe would be directly attributed to him.

I think that maybe, just maybe, Conte wanted too much, too soon. I mean, he was only the coach for three seasons. If he were in his tenth season as coach and this was happening, hell, even the most ardent Anti -Conte people out there would have no choice but to side with him.

Everyone knows that this is a slow burn with Juve. They are a big fish in a very small pond right now, where the only other team in the league that has any sense of forward thinking is Roma. What Juve have had to do , they have literally had to do it on their own.

And this brings me to another subject which has pissed me off for years on this forum, where people kept saying "Fuck the League, as long as Juve do well"

Well, guess what. You got your wish. Now, nobody wants to come and play in Serie A, they've lost a CL spot, and could lose another one in the next few years, the stadiums are a mess, the politics of the league have practically ruined it.

And because of it, they have missed out on the European Championships more times than I care to imagine, and are not even remotely close to being in consideration for a WC. Meanwhile, leagues such as the Bundesliga, due in large part to a collective agreement that was good for the league, are now in the top echelon of leagues that Italy USED to be in.

And in your last comment, my friend, where you are assuming that Conte wants to come back to the club in some capacity. Wouldn't that lead you to believe that things were not nearly as bad as many have imagined?

whats alex ferguson got to do with contes frustration in working with marotta & co? anyways dont you see the contradiction in your post between complaining about oncte wanting too much too soon and the league being in the shits?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)