Antonio Conte (27 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Many narratives, many theories out there. Hopefully we'll find out what actually created the timing for this departure, once all the dust settles.

I want to be pissed off at this guy, but I feel as though there has gotta be more to this situation than Conte arriving at Vinovo and realizing he didn't have the juice, or Conte dropping Juve on her ass because the Azzurri job opened up. So I'm holding off on that.

I was thinking about our management in recent years, and decisions that had been made which shocked me at the time. Diego's departure came to mind (because it's always surprising to see a 25M purchase sold a year later), and correct me if I'm wrong, but just a few days or a week before he was sold, Del Neri gave an interview about how excited he was to use Diego for the upcoming season, how important he was to the team, how good he looked in training, etc... and then Beppe pulled the trigger like 4-7 days later, and the player was gone. Could have all been part of the plan, but at the time it just didn't seem like they were on the same page at all. So, in a sense, there could be a bit of a precedent of Beppe and his coach not being fully in sync about mercato plans.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Conte had been told one thing, and then somebody surprised him by changing the mercato plans. I do feel as though there are either large communication issues, or somebody has called an audible. Maybe a "We'll go hard after Sanchez, and Pogba and Vidal are not for sale" conversation in April, turned into a "We can't compete with Arsenal financially for Sanchez, and we have a concrete offer for Vidal -- if the bid gets a little higher we'll be obligated to sell him (given he's 27 and coming off knee surgery). Something like that, insert other established relatively young winger for Sanchez, if you like. Who knows.

I certainly thought that given the age/contracts of guys like Buffon, Pirlo, Barzagli, Licht, Chiello, Tevez, Llorente, and then Pogba and Vidal being difficult to hang onto, that we'd look at the next 2-3 years as a window of sorts to really make a push in CL. So getting a least one established 25ish year old offensive player, who would be able to change the game up and still be top quality for another 5 years (or retain resale value), would still serve our transition through this next stage well. Considering if we do ever sell one of our midfielders for mega money, we didn't need to only target unproven players loaded with potential up front; we'd be able to regenerate the squad with funds from a sale, plus the new kit-sponsorship, new tv deal, hopefully deeper CL runs, etc.

Anyway, what a frustrating day. I do have quite a bit of hope for next season though, I still really like a lot of the pieces in our team, and we still have a decent amount of money to spend. Gotta lock down a manager first, and I will pray all night, for someone other than Allegri. We should hire Sampaoli away from Chile :p

:tup: top post always, and i dont know how you have in you to still have hope :p im just devastated

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Words from Conte's entourage: "Conte did not resign because of mercato issues, he left because of lack of motivation."
- Gazzetta

Juventus' only alternatives are Allegri or Mancini.
- Gazzetta

My goodness.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Words from Conte's entourage: "Conte did not resign because of mercato issues, he left because of lack of motivation."
- Gazzetta

- Gazzetta

My goodness.
Lack of motivation? How the hell...this spoiled brat is still living in the pre-2006 world of Italian football where money is no object.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
- Gazzetta

- Gazzetta

My goodness.
I thought he's mentally a lot stronger than that.

Motivation levels go up and down. Okay he's been going through a major downturn lately, but it's not something that will remain.

Who knows if true, oh well. Forza Juve!

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
:tup: the most logical of all reasons
Gotta be some catalyst, right? I mean, it's possible he just doesn't have another season in him right now (for whatever reason), but what a kick in the fucking box to the Old Lady it would be to drop the club on day 2 of training camp (especially when you already had doubts, and could have made the decision much earlier).

:tup: top post always, and i dont know how you have in you to still have hope :p im just devastated
I've been wandering around in circles all day, brother; it's totally depressing. So much up in the air right now, I really thought we could push for CL next season with the midfield protagonists staying, and the right purchases. There is no way in hell this squad should have bowed out at the group stages last year, so I don't really use that as a gauge of our current status in that competition.

Anyway, I am clinging to hope because I believe in the character of our locker room. It took a massive hit today, but there are still championship calibre leaders in there. Please, just not Allegri. I'd rather we promoted from within, honestly, keep that continuity temporarily while we looked for a longterm solution, rather than the most convenient.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
- Gazzetta

- Gazzetta

My goodness.
Sounds like a big load of BS, remember it's not the first time something fishy has happened between Agnelli/Marotta and legendary coach/player

- - - Updated - - -

Why not resign at the end of May for fuck's sake then?
because it's not the truth

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
- Gazzetta

- Gazzetta

My goodness.
Probably, if you think you going to get Sanchez and Cuadrado. In your mind, here comes Europe.

But then , when you realize your not getting them, and going for Iturbe and Morato, and told just win the league for the 4th time. No need Europe at the moment.
Surely the motivation will drop. He already did everything in the league, unbeaten, highest points scored, only thing he haven't done is win all the 38 games.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Gotta be some catalyst, right? I mean, it's possible he just doesn't have another season in him right now (for whatever reason), but what a kick in the fucking box to the Old Lady it would be to drop the club on day 2 of training camp (especially when you already had doubts, and could have made the decision much earlier).
:tup: He's not an idiot, he wouldn't go 'well I'll see how I feel and quit if I do', he is not an amateur. If he really wanted to leave he would have left 2 months ago, club convinced him to stay and now they are going back on their promises.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I'm shocked!

Conte might be disappointed and sad but he should've sucked it up for the club and fans just like Del Piero did.

We're in deep shit right now.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I mean he could simply be burnt out from the last 3 seasons.

Every club needs renewal every 3-5 years. It's inevitable. It's just unfortunate that the start of the renewal happens like this to Juve.

All is not lost.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
- Gazzetta
This is like a nuke bomb

:tup: He's not an idiot, he wouldn't go 'well I'll see how I feel and quit if I do', he is not an amateur. If he really wanted to leave he would have left 2 months ago, club convinced him to stay and now they are going back on their promises.
Knowing Conte, im pretty sure he will not send his representative out there to say this thing just to protect beppe and AA. If he was the victim of some sort of really really dirty move by the board.. i dont see him going out and posing like a martyr for Marotta.

Until proven otherwise, it seems he left because he just felt it

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Knowing Conte, im pretty sure he will not send his representative out there to say this thing just to protect beppe and AA. If he was the victim of some sort of really really dirty move by the board.. i dont see him going out and posing like a martyr for Marotta.

Until proven otherwise, it seems he left because he just felt it
Or maybe it's to draw less attention to himself and not get attacked in media

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)