Antonio Conte (25 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
2 months ago, and he was given assurances and promises, obviously the failure is not his if those things did come to fruition
so what you then do the dishonorable thing and walk away from not only your contract but your players, and fans! If his love was so deep for Juve he would have finished out his contract and not abandoned the whole ship right as training starts

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
My 2 cents: Conte is selfish for leaving Juve in such a mess resigning in the middle of the preseason, both him and the mgmt share the blame for this mess !!

But hiring Allegri would be unforgivable !!

PS: Fuck the Elkanns !!

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
He had plenty of challenge in the CL. Plenty.

He should have resigned when we won the scudetto. He simply doesnt wanted to continue..why to force things?. IN that moment it would have been understandable. But no? Come on. It doesnt matter how you twist it,its inmensely irresponsible. UNless he has a really valid reason which im eagerly waiting to know.

yup

Man...this will be toughj

yes yes and yes

This is what i do not undertsand. If he was sooo fuked up with marotta and felty that he was incapable of taking us a step further,,,,, why to wait until now?.
THANK YOU! Some one sees it!

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
This is a good example of where deductive reasoning and Occam's Razor agree. Conte loving Juventus is pretty much a reasonable assumption. To assume Conte was pondering this for a while means one would have to assume he doesn't care about the club and that he was indeed contemplating his departure all along. So right off the bat, thinking that he simply left makes no sense at all.
That easily works on reverse too .

1 Conte loves the club
2 Conte doesn't think the club will match his expectations

Conclusion -> Leave the club

In reality he didn't , he kept thinking about it because he loves the club , in the end his love for juve wasn't enough .

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
but here's the thing now. Vidal hasn't been sold, and he was still a Juve player when he quit.

I can't see a situation with Vidal where anyone saves face.

if Vidal stays, Conte looks like an idiot. If Vidal gets sold, people will so I told you so and that Juve had to sell him because Conte left and Vidal didn't want to stay.
Vidal is staying so Conte = idiot

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
So pirlo was never WC before he met conte
Vidal got so good just because of conte
Buffon was never WC before conte
Barzagli was never good before conte

The player with which he had more impact i personally think is marchisio . First season he made him flawless and gave a boost to his self confidence . Also he did a great job in finding a place for everyone and where everyone expressed their fullest . Like the 3 man defense to make it easier for both chiello and bonucci (also because pepe was missing). That made us win our first scudetto .

As i said , conte has played a great part in our winnings , but it's not that we had a team full with gilardinos . I remember very clearly that the objective of our first year with conte was to reach 3rd place . That means that even with an untested coach at these levels we had faith that the quality of players would send us to 3rd , conte did the rest and won the first season . Second season our main opponents dismantled their squad and we were clearly favourites , again conte has a lot of merits of repeating himself and keeping the expectations . Same for third season , we clearly had the better team and conte lead it to first place .
we had faith? we also had faith those 2 seasons we finished 7th, why didnt we win the scudetto or at the very least make the CL?? also those players you mentioned pirlo was so good milan didnt extend his deal. Barzagli was damamged goods and vidal our best player says as recently as 2 onths ago that he would stay here as long as conte is here, why do you think that is??

youd be crazy to not give the lions share for our success to conte, everyone says, neutrals and adversaries alike, hes by far our most important asset, now watch how our players react to this.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
That easily works on reverse too .

1 Conte loves the club
2 Conte doesn't think the club will match his expectations

Conclusion -> Leave the club

In reality he didn't , he kept thinking about it because he loves the club , in the end his love for juve wasn't enough .
AMEN! If his so called LOVE was so great finish what you started you had one more year, you left because you didn't

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
so what you then do the dishonorable thing and walk away from not only your contract but your players, and fans! If his love was so deep for Juve he would have finished out his contract and not abandoned the whole ship right as training starts
dishonorable? lying is dishonorable, refusing to do something when your heart is not 100% is actually the honorable thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

but here's the thing now. Vidal hasn't been sold, and he was still a Juve player when he quit.

I can't see a situation with Vidal where anyone saves face.

if Vidal stays, Conte looks like an idiot. If Vidal gets sold, people will so I told you so and that Juve had to sell him because Conte left and Vidal didn't want to stay.

im just saying that possibility, vidal being sold, would make more sense for him leaving that iturbe not coming, we dont know jack at this point

Bufi

Dec 21, 2010
Conte thinks that juve without him will lose..every year same words from him and now he goes. We will win scudeto again,ana Juve have history,juve its not conte.fk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I still say that this, wouldn't have happened if the Italian NT position didn't become available. Every Italian Coach Would Throw their mothers down a flight of stairs for that opportunity.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
dishonorable? lying is dishonorable, refusing to do something when your heart is not 100% is actually the honorable thing to do.
not if his LOVE for Juve is as great as he and others report! You finish what you started with this team and this contract, like he said at the end of the season. Then you walk away. There is obviously something else pulling him

- - - Updated - - -

I still say that this, wouldn't have happened if the Italian NT position didn't become available. Every Italian Coach Would Throw their mothers down a flight of stairs for that opportunity.
:tup:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
not if his LOVE for Juve is as great as he and others report! You finish what you started with this team and this contract, like he said at the end of the season. Then you walk away. There is obviously something else pulling him
i choose to give him the benefit of the doubt you choose to think hes betrayed us despite not one shred of evidence to point to it, we will not come to an agreement

memo

Nov 18, 2005
Lets hope this is because of the national team
Then that vidal and pogba will STAY
Carrera will take the team
And we will get a great player (like di maria) TO boost the team confidence

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Almost no signing flopped under Conte. Heck, even Peluso was not that bad. Giaccherini started as a nobody and ended up in Azzuri shirt, only to be dropped when he left Juve.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
we had faith? we also had faith those 2 seasons we finished 7th, why didnt we win the scudetto or at the very least make the CL?? also those players you mentioned pirlo was so good milan didnt extend his deal. Barzagli was damamged goods and vidal our best player says as recently as 2 onths ago that he would stay here as long as conte is here, why do you think that is??

youd be crazy to not give the lions share for our success to conte, everyone says, neutrals and adversaries alike, hes by far our most important asset, now watch how our players react to this.
Reason why pirlo left is because Allegri didn't want him and he was asking to much for their pockets . That year they started cleasing the majority of senators . Why was barzagli damaged goods ?

It is normal that players don't like when a coach with whom they have won a lot leaves , it also is the uncertanity of what their relation with the new coach and their position in the team will be with him . Players will react badly it's no surprise.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

im just saying that possibility, vidal being sold, would make more sense for him leaving that iturbe not coming, we dont know jack at this point
Buddy if his heart wasn't in it, then why wait until now to do this?

Are you telling me that he woke up this morning and just came to that conclusion?

and how would that make it any better? You and others are saying that this isn't something that he would do on a whim.

So either he indeed did this at the spur of the moment, or he felt this way for a while now and just now decided to do this. Either way thst is not good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)