Antonio Conte (330 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
you tell me this.

if you knew in advance that spending 30 million on Iturbe means that Conte stays, you would do it, right?

You don't think that management knew this, or better yet, was there any indication by the coach that if Iturbe was not acquired, that he would leave?
exactly, so if there was it wasnt a shock or surprise, if there wasnt then it either had nothing to do with it or Conte is a jerk

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I have no idea, but its, a ridiculous notion to be perfectly honest with you.
agreed, id be more inclined to think its because we sold vidal

I think it was the last straw for him. Waiting to see who we'd buy to re-sgn and then leave because you can't get me freakin Iturbe?
so this is all just your opinion? :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
why do you assume conte just up and left? what of his past behavior suggests hes the kind to do such a thing?

on the other hand of the spectrum we have agnelli, whos agnelli? what has he done for this juve?

like i said i trust the one i perceive as a real fan like you or me over some suit.

- - - Updated - - -
This is a good example of where deductive reasoning and Occam's Razor agree. Conte loving Juventus is pretty much a reasonable assumption. To assume Conte was pondering this for a while means one would have to assume he doesn't care about the club and that he was indeed contemplating his departure all along. So right off the bat, thinking that he simply left makes no sense at all.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
This is a good example of where deductive reasoning and Occam's Razor agree. Conte loving Juventus is pretty much a reasonable assumption. To assume Conte was pondering this for a while means one would have to assume he doesn't care about the club and that he was indeed contemplating his departure all along. So right off the bat, thinking that he simply left makes no sense at all.
and yet he wanted to leave last month?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
thank you, thats what i am saying, base your inferences on reasonably verifiable assumptions, but then you get called a sheep :sergio:

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
:lol: is your memory that bad?? conte is the single one reason why we won, sure marotta helped with some key signings but to compare his output to contes?? lol gimme a break

and like i sai agnellis only call to fame is conte, conte made him.
So pirlo was never WC before he met conte
Vidal got so good just because of conte
Buffon was never WC before conte
Barzagli was never good before conte

The player with which he had more impact i personally think is marchisio . First season he made him flawless and gave a boost to his self confidence . Also he did a great job in finding a place for everyone and where everyone expressed their fullest . Like the 3 man defense to make it easier for both chiello and bonucci (also because pepe was missing). That made us win our first scudetto .

As i said , conte has played a great part in our winnings , but it's not that we had a team full with gilardinos . I remember very clearly that the objective of our first year with conte was to reach 3rd place . That means that even with an untested coach at these levels we had faith that the quality of players would send us to 3rd , conte did the rest and won the first season . Second season our main opponents dismantled their squad and we were clearly favourites , again conte has a lot of merits of repeating himself and keeping the expectations . Same for third season , we clearly had the better team and conte lead it to first place .

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Actually some of our older players are good leaders and have good tactical acumen.
Maybe we should a player-manager.

1) Buffon - he has enough on his mind due to divorce
2) Pirlo - doubt he likes coaching, proven by his book
3) Barzagli - good choice,
4) Storari, Padoin, Rubinho - best choice, as they have spent the most time on the bench with Conte.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He did say he needs a challenge.
He had plenty of challenge in the CL. Plenty.

Conte is at fault no mwatter the reason.

He should have stayed, if he had respect for the fans he would have finished this season with us and left next May.

But instead he stubbornly left now, to prove a point, and now we're plunged into the greatest levels of hell. (Allegri)
He should have resigned when we won the scudetto. He simply doesnt wanted to continue..why to force things?. IN that moment it would have been understandable. But no? Come on. It doesnt matter how you twist it,its inmensely irresponsible. UNless he has a really valid reason which im eagerly waiting to know.

I'm more inclined to believe that he's leaving over a failure to bring in players that he wants than to believe it's because of sales. We fail to get Sanchez or whoever else, move for Iturbe as our last choice and then lose him to Roma. Iturbe would have been a guaranteed starter here and he still goes to Roma? That is $#@!ing ridiculous.

I am also exceedingly disappointed in Antonio. Of course I am grateful for everything that he has achieved. He made it possible to hold your head up high as a Juventino and we were moving forward in such a good direction. Of course the players and other staff helped us too but Conte was clearly the main man. Now we don't know where we are. For somebody who brought so much grinta to the club at times he showed a hell of a lack of fight at times. Blaming referees for certain results, complaining to the press about money and now this. Perhaps this protest needed to happen but I am completely sure that the reason we aren't spending 30m on transfers is because we don't have the money for it and can't afford to take a risk.

If Conte can't accept that reality then this is the best thing to happen for all parties. I just wish it didn't end like this.

Fino alla fine, ragazzi.
yup

Oh well. I hope we'll be laughing at Conte's decision in a couple of seasons time. I say couple because this season there will be a lot of pain, starting from the current transfer market, to the results on the pitch, and ending with our position on the Serie A table.
Man...this will be toughj

1) there is no way Juve were gonna pay 30 mil
2) Iturbe isnt worth it, $#@! verona
3)Conte wanted out before
yes yes and yes

Totally lost my respect.

I only blame him for all this, before a month he wanted to go which was very clear, why messing us up now?

Such unprofessional move to put the team in this situation.
This is what i do not undertsand. If he was sooo fuked up with marotta and felty that he was incapable of taking us a step further,,,,, why to wait until now?.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
agreed, id be more inclined to think its because we sold vidal

so this is all just your opinion? :D
but here's the thing now. Vidal hasn't been sold, and he was still a Juve player when he quit.

I can't see a situation with Vidal where anyone saves face.

if Vidal stays, Conte looks like an idiot. If Vidal gets sold, people will so I told you so and that Juve had to sell him because Conte left and Vidal didn't want to stay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 323)