Antonio Conte (49 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Why do you think he left like this? I personally think it might have to do with false promises from the club aka Marotta and Agnelli. Pretty sure we're close to selling Vidal and Pogba will follow next year. This releagtes Juve to a stepping stone and Conte doesn't want to work with that.
I agree partially . I don't think they have made him promises with 100% certanity , everybody knows the current situation , we have tried the agueros and never got them . I think the promises the managment has made are of the type of : We will get 1 mid , 1 att , 1 def . Than a list of strikers numbered by priority , if number one fails than priority goes to number two on the list . Imo conte has got tired that we have failed a lot of times to get number one of the list and generally opted for second lines and decided to leave .

I don't see agnelli and marotta telling him , "If you stay , we will def get aguero/sanchez/higuain" because they know very well that it is very very hard and they would be lying .

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I agree partially . I don't think they have made him promises with 100% certanity , everybody knows the current situation , we have tried the agueros and never got them . I think the promises the managment has made are of the type of : We will get 1 mid , 1 att , 1 def . Than a list of strikers numbered by priority , if number one fails than priority goes to number two on the list . Imo conte has got tired that we have failed a lot of times to get number one of the list and generally opted for second lines and decided to leave .

I don't see agnelli and marotta telling him , "If you stay , we will def get aguero/sanchez/higuain" because they know very well that it is very very hard and they would be lying .
Yeah I can see that.

alaska

May 25, 2013
So wait youre saying we should have spent 30 mill on an unproven player who could have taken a dump this season, just on the off chance Conte would stay?
IF that was the case, IF, would you rather have:

A: Iturbe for 30m and Conte
B: No Conte, no Iturbe, 30m in your pocket, and Vidal and Pogba in probable jeopardy, and most likely Allegri grimacing in the technical area for the next 10 months.

You tell me, bud.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Like I said earlier. Those who were upset at the thought of Juve spending so much for an unproven talent like Iturbe are now upset that they didn't spend the money because it might have cost them the coach.

Can't have it both ways

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011

B: No Conte, no Iturbe, 30m in your pocket, and Vidal and Pogba in probable jeopardy, and most likely Allegri grimacing in the technical area for the next 10 months.

You tell me, bud.
I would rather have a club that is financially viable and if Conte , for arguments sake didnt get that and left then fuck him. no one is bigger than the club, it goes on while players and coaches come and go

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

You tell me, bud.
you really he survives for 10 months? he won't reach week 10

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
IMO, if a coach goes to Qatar (or China) to take more money and do less work, his career in Europe is finished. the problem with guys like Bilic is that they are under contract. We're 2 days into preseason and need to act fast. If you know Marotta, you know he can't pull a $#@! like that.
totally agree, that should put lippi out of our choices as well. Yes, i doubt Marotta can make magic happen. Therefore, Carrera will be a good choice. Problem is, will he stick with Conte's model. If he does, will the players trust him as much?

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Like I said earlier. Those who were upset at the thought of Juve spending so much for an unproven talent like Iturbe are now upset that they didn't spend the money because it might have cost them the coach.

Can't have it both ways
agreed its such BS on here. two days ago heart attacks all around that we were about to spend 25 mill plus 2 mill in bonus for iturbe , now we should have spent whatever as long as Conte stays

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

You tell me, bud.
you tell me this.

if you knew in advance that spending 30 million on Iturbe means that Conte stays, you would do it, right?

You don't think that management knew this, or better yet, was there any indication by the coach that if Iturbe was not acquired, that he would leave?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
totally agree, that should put lippi out of our choices as well. Yes, i doubt Marotta can make magic happen. Therefore, Carrera will be a good choice. Problem is, will he stick with Conte's model. If he does, will the players trust him as much?
there are no good options in here. Carrera seems to be the best among them. Or, if somehow Montella goes to ADV tomorrow morning and shits on his face and gets fired. If only that could happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)