Antonio Conte (130 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Get a grip man. The match we played in the style you want was home against Gala. We outshot them 26 to 7, and out-possessed them 60-40. We pressed them all over the pitch and we conceded twice on the counter because when we press that hard, we're very susceptible on the counter to a team like Gala and even Copenhagen that is decent on the counter. We outshot Copenhagen 27-9 and out possessed them 60-40 too in our away draw, we were the better side by far, but conceded on a free kick swung in after a foul to stop a counter of theirs. Look at what Conte did to Roma by not allowing them to play on the counter, we ceded some possession, and destroyed them easily.

The reason we're out of UCL is exactly that 2-2 draw with Gala, where we didn't play pussy football, and the 1-1 draw with Copenhagen where we also didn't play pussy football. We pressed both sides hard and had poor luck finishing in each match, and dominated proceedings, but left ourselves very exposed to counterattacks.
This!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Get a grip man. The match we played in the style you want was home against Gala. We outshot them 26 to 7, and out-possessed them 60-40. We pressed them all over the pitch and we conceded twice on the counter because when we press that hard, we're very susceptible on the counter to a team like Gala and even Copenhagen that is decent on the counter. We outshot Copenhagen 27-9 and out possessed them 60-40 too in our away draw, we were the better side by far, but conceded on a free kick swung in after a foul to stop a counter of theirs. Look at what Conte did to Roma by not allowing them to play on the counter, we ceded some possession, and destroyed them easily.

The reason we're out of UCL is exactly that 2-2 draw with Gala, where we didn't play pussy football, and the 1-1 draw with Copenhagen where we also didn't play pussy football. We pressed both sides hard and had poor luck finishing in each match, and dominated proceedings, but left ourselves very exposed to counterattacks.
...wich is why i've been hammering my cock on the fact that we missed Llorente VERY much in the earlyer games, when we didnt had that finishing we needed.

Wich is why quite a few will say that next season with both strikers settled, gelled and in decent form, we will do MUCH better

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What does much better even mean? QF? SF? Final?
Compared to this year, wich means easely passing the group.

Everything beyond the group is based on the luck of the draw. But unless we face an overpowered team, i expect us to at least make it the hardest game of their season.

But a good juve, can challenge any team in europe. We be twice as good with Barzagli tho

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
With Llorente and Tevez in sync and better rotation options in league before big UCL matches, I'd say SFs is a good possibility.
Yeah. One big deal people forget, is how much juve is better then any other team in the world at countering an opponent's playstyle.
When we are motivated and complete, and we value the opponent highly, we can handly any team in the world. Its the smaller opponents that give us issues cause then we make the play.

One note i'll repeat tho. We NEED Barzagli back, and at his usual form of the past 2 years. He is a BIG factor for us

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Compared to this year, wich means easely passing the group.

Everything beyond the group is based on the luck of the draw. But unless we face an overpowered team, i expect us to at least make it the hardest game of their season.

But a good juve, can challenge any team in europe. We be twice as good with Barzagli tho
That's much better indeed.

With Llorente and Tevez in sync and better rotation options in league before big UCL matches, I'd say SFs is a good possibility.
Right. Give us Romulo, Pereyra and Immobile baby!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah. One big deal people forget, is how much juve is better then any other team in the world at countering an opponent's playstyle.
When we are motivated and complete, and we value the opponent highly, we can handly any team in the world. Its the smaller opponents that give us issues cause then we make the play.

One note i'll repeat tho. We NEED Barzagli back, and at his usual form of the past 2 years. He is a BIG factor for us
We do generally seem to play to our potential against big sides, besides the outlier against Bayern last year. It's strange that for having a manager that emphasizes hard work so much, we play down to our level in the league and against the minnows in Europe on occasion. We also seem to lose our ability to finish against poor teams at times... it's as though our strikers become overwhelmed with the number of chances they are getting and forget how to finish them!

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Juventino[RUS];4507886 said:
Good games against Juve gave self-confidence to Lyon i guess, plus PSG is in bad morale conditions because of CL exit and of course no ibra no party
That's nothing but an excuse. A team with Cavani, Lavezzi, Lucas, Verratti, Motta, T. Silva, Alex, etc... should surely be expected to beat a Lyon B team.

Or maybe it just isn't as easy as some here thought it to be... Yet we did win and they didn't.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
That's nothing but an excuse. A team with Cavani, Lavezzi, Lucas, Verratti, Motta, T. Silva, Alex, etc... should surely be expected to beat a Lyon B team.

Or maybe it just isn't as easy as some here thought it to be... Yet we did win and they didn't.
Last week it was vice-versa. Napoli's good performance against Juve worked against them.

Mar 9, 2006

No doubt, they are much better team, but how many games of PSG you've watched? They always struggle without Ibra, they have no plan b and it's looks like they don't know how to use Cavani properly

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I watched more at the beginning of the season w/ Ibra. Well, either way it just shows how they can make big teams have a difficult time and we shouldn't be ashamed of how we got through to the semi-finals.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

Caceres has been doing fine for us, hardly felt the loss of Barzagli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 127)