Antonio Conte (325 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ahhhh good memories, this team is better then this years (minus matri) if only conte would go back to this
We did not play in Europe that year, and had almost no real competition aside from Milan. We struggled against the minnows of Serie A, and pretty much lucked our way to a scudetto in the weakest year Serie A has had in its history. Somehow Milan choked everything away. Our hard work was great and inspiring, and I'm super happy we went unbeaten and won the scudetto, but that side was decidedly average compared to this one.

15 draws. We drew Chievo, Bologna, Genoa home and away that year. We also drew Lecce at home, Siena at home, Cagliari at home... That's embarrassing. TO suggest this side was better than our current side is beyond silly, it's insane.

We have 84 points with 6 rounds left and we're in the SF of Europa.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
We did not play in Europe that year, and had almost no real competition aside from Milan. We struggled against the minnows of Serie A, and pretty much lucked our way to a scudetto in the weakest year Serie A has had in its history. Somehow Milan choked everything away. Our hard work was great and inspiring, and I'm super happy we went unbeaten and won the scudetto, but that side was decidedly average compared to this one.

15 draws. We drew Chievo, Bologna, Genoa home and away that year. We also drew Lecce at home, Siena at home, Cagliari at home... That's embarrassing. TO suggest this side was better than our current side is beyond silly, it's insane.

yeah cause statistics are the highest authority on football, I guess then Australia is the best team on earth since they once scored the most goals in an official ranked international match.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
yeah cause statistics are the highest authority on football, I guess then Australia is the best team on earth since they once scored the most goals in an official ranked international match.
You, sir, are ridiculous. Perhaps rather than continually insulting the ability of our manager (who is well on the way to bringing us a third scudetto in only his third season with a record point total, while making a deep European run) you would be better served by supporting him and this club you claim to support.

Fickle.

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013

That Milan team would kill this team, we have no competition this year, that year we did. We also didn't play pussy football that we now do so much this season. Both the last 2 seasons teams were better then this one

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That Milan team would kill this team, we have no competition this year, that year we did. We also didn't play pussy football that we now do so much this season. Both the last 2 seasons teams were better then this one
:sergio:

I don't even know what to say to this. Clearly, something is malfunctioning in that brain of yours. That aging, and falling apart Milan, that relied on a single player to get them results would have struggled to get top 3 this year.

Pussy football? What exactly is this? Playing to win? Because we certainly play each and every match to win. You might not like our tactics, but we're certainly going out there to win, not to bend over backwards. I'd suggest pussy football is playing for draws, parking the bus, etc. We do neither.

Seriously, go spew your delusional nonsense somewhere else, and stop insulting our manager.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We don't have competition this year. :rofl: The second placed team won 79 points, and in all other circumstances they'd be massively leading on the standings. The only reason they don't occupy the 1st place are us, who are having tremendous season. Even Napoli with 67 points are well above average for a 3rd placed team. What are you people smoking I wonder at times? :lol:

Of course we don't have competition as we're that good. We went past every obstacle that came our way, cruised at times, made it look easy. Full credit goes to us if anything for accomplishments thus far.

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
:sergio:

I don't even know what to say to this. Clearly, something is malfunctioning in that brain of yours. That aging, and falling apart Milan, that relied on a single player to get them results would have struggled to get top 3 this year.

Pussy football? What exactly is this? Playing to win? Because we certainly play each and every match to win. You might not like our tactics, but we're certainly going out there to win, not to bend over backwards. I'd suggest pussy football is playing for draws, parking the bus, etc. We do neither.

Seriously, go spew your delusional nonsense somewhere else, and stop insulting our manager.
Pussy football, the football that got us knocked out the champions league, the kind of football where we sit back and don't do shit

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If you guys pushed forward every game with the players you have, you'd probably lose or draw a lot. One could say that Juventus play smart football.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Pussy football, the football that got us knocked out the champions league, the kind of football where we sit back and don't do $#@!
Get a grip man. The match we played in the style you want was home against Gala. We outshot them 26 to 7, and out-possessed them 60-40. We pressed them all over the pitch and we conceded twice on the counter because when we press that hard, we're very susceptible on the counter to a team like Gala and even Copenhagen that is decent on the counter. We outshot Copenhagen 27-9 and out possessed them 60-40 too in our away draw, we were the better side by far, but conceded on a free kick swung in after a foul to stop a counter of theirs. Look at what Conte did to Roma by not allowing them to play on the counter, we ceded some possession, and destroyed them easily.

The reason we're out of UCL is exactly that 2-2 draw with Gala, where we didn't play pussy football, and the 1-1 draw with Copenhagen where we also didn't play pussy football. We pressed both sides hard and had poor luck finishing in each match, and dominated proceedings, but left ourselves very exposed to counterattacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 320)