Antonio Conte (371 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's just the way you said the above. You sound like an old man telling kids to get off their yard. "Petulant children" "childish nonsense".....

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well going by the last few pages everyone seems to be bitching about not wiping the floor with Fiorentina and maybe not winning the EL
You seem to twists argument at ur will just to have a say on this.

What u ignore, is the fact that we have a VERY strong team in comparison with most teams around the globe...and not only that, but we show it smashing opponents left and right on the league. So, the natural would be that in the same way we show courage on the league...dominating most opponents and such...we would at the very least try to emulate that on Europe. But thats not the case, and in fact , is totally the opposite.

THATS why we get mad. Becuase we see an inexplicable apathy from our team and above all, from our coach to this competitions, and is frustrating as fuk.

And Badass, i think no one has forgotten the DelNeri/Ferrara/Zach times. But dude, we have come a long long way from that. We are in our momentum. We have still some champions of an past era and newcomers eager to show their worth, so the least we can do is to do our best to win what we can.
We have new standards now, we cannot be living on those times because we have a much much better squad now. Yes, most of it is thanks to Conte, and we are grateful for that. But he needs to stop acting like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde in relation to Europe and Serie A. Because its sickening.

Yes we do not have a WC squad able to win everything yet... but when u see Conte playing our first eleven to its fullest on weekend against genoa and a 14 point lead, with a must win tie coming in thursday....then it makes u wonder why his priorities are soooo bended to a league he has alsmot in his pocket.

I want Conte to continue his work with us, i really do.. because IMO he is a perfect match for us. He was a good player, he knows the game , he knows the institution and is a fiery coach. And for all of this, it hurts me when i see him failing so hard in Europe... because the only explanation i can find for this, is that he still lacks the knowsledge and the right mentality for this tournaments.
But i also have to admit that we lack some crucial units in the team, so ill wait until conte gets the players he wants to see if h can make it or not, because lets be sincere...we are one foot out of the EL.

I remmber that when this current season started....Conte strictly said his ain objective was the scudetto, and the rest was a plus. So it must be that he was also ordered by Agnelli to focus only on the record scudetto and nothing else. We will have to wait for next season to see what his objectives will be. Maybe they will go all out and buy players to tackle europe seriously, who knows. So then and only then ill give my final verdict to Conte.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Conte is not a fool, nor an egoist, in far greater moments he took one for the team, both as a player and a coach.
So, he does not only do it for personal gain, meaning that he is chasing to prove himself by beating Capello's records.

There is smth deeper going on.
I believe that he does it to build up more hype for himself and our team.
He knows our weakness, he does not want to admit them and thats the right thing to do, but he KNOWS that we cannot compete with the best teams in Europe, not only the CL quality level ones, but even the EL ones.
We have proven in the league that we are better than Roma, Napoli and Fiorentina, getting disqualfied in the cups from them is the softest way to go.
They cant claim they were better, no one can claim that Juve is surclassed by them.
But going out by Galata for exemple can, because it is has some seeds of truth. For example Galata hard owned us in the transfer market for the Ebue, Melo, Drogba and Snejder transfers.
Those players have preferred them, rather than us and their decision was proved to be wise, as Galata bossed us twice and took the qualification instead of us.
This was smth we would rather avoid, as not all of Europe knew that, now everybody does!
And if we compete in the coming summers for the signatures of other players, there wont be any debate about who the better team is.

Avoiding such loses Conte protects our future, so regardless of what the players feel and the fans want, he will not allow us to past through, he will calibrate the team, to give a decent fight, but dont have enough of what it takes to go through, he knows better than anyone what is enough and whats not and he will intentionally give just a bit less to minimise the predicted failure, the choice is already made and we better deal with it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 368)