Antonio Conte (375 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Juventus XI (3-5-2): Buffon; Caceres, Ogbonna, Chiellini; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Osvaldo, Giovinco

None of these are starters. I can understand the use of Osvaldo and Giovinco upfront as Tevez was out injured, and Osvaldo has been very effective for us in the EL so far.

Those other players shouldn't have started this game IMO. We should have used our best playersin this game, pushed from beginning to the end of the game for a better score than 1-0, instead of starting like a house of fire and then retreating for 75 mins of the game and inevitably conceding like we did. Unacceptable squad selection AND tactics from our coach that definitely puts our chances of advancing from Europe in doubt.

That starting XI I posted should have been used against Genoa. But of course, Conte uses the full team to hold on to out slender lead in Serie A.
Still, it's a pretty good team.

Marchisio has to play and rotate with the other 3. Nothing new there.

Barzagli had been in a huge string of games, he needed to rest. Caceres is a trustworthy sub.

Can't say I'm unhappy to see Bonucci replaced by Ogbonna. They are of similar value to me nowadays.

Isla has been improving and deserved a chance.

And he picked Asamoah instead of Peluso, that was the key. Asamoah clearly needed to rest, but this decision showed he was taking the competition seriously.

My complaint is that he should rotate more in Serie A games. So when the EL comes, he can use more rested starters. But about this specific game, he had a good starting team.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
the choice is already made and we better deal with it...
This is true.
Of course this doesnt mean we will throw the game on thursday and let them past us 5-0.... but in case we lose.... no biggie, because it was not our main objective. We will have to wait for next season to see if we finally are going to take Europe seriously, but for that, we need to know what our plans will be at the start of the season,and that will be reflected in the players we sign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 370)