Antonio Conte (28 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Because all the lions from the english premier league are cruising in the CL. My opinion, and it is just an opinion, is that Conte needs time. Time for getting the right players we miss - LB, wingers, attacking midfielders, time for experience in Europe... I'm sorry but for me this is just the beginning of his era with us, this is not his limit.
Propably the best post I have read following last night

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Conte has found his excuse, we took the lead and the players lost focus.
He preferred this performance to the one we have given in the championship, so next time he will field even more subs, to make sure this time we wont repeat the same and take the lead again...
We will be focused untill the very last minutes and even we will be disqualified, at least we will give a better spectacle!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
pussied? now lets entertain this notion, why in your opinion did he "pussy out"?
Because he did not ask the team to push for a second goal in the second half, it was obvious they were instructed that it is more important not to concede than increase the lead. His substitutions confirmed it and his lame post match comments affirmed it.

Defending a one goal lead works once in a blue moon, if anything this is what history have proven right time after time.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Because he did not ask the team to push for a second goal in the second half, it was obvious they were instructed that it is more important not to concede than increase the lead. His substitutions confirmed it and his lame post match comments affirmed it.

Defending a one goal lead works once in a blue moon, if anything this is what history have proven right time after time.

defending a a 1 gol lead is your interpretation, i see it as making sure viola dont score because chances are we will score in florence. we dont need to destroy them we just need to get through with the least damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Defending a one goal lead isn't a problem when you have a world class defense and midfield who doesn't have Pirlo.

but what do you take from this? to be a top team you need more than anything a top defense, which we dont have, thats why i really want a CB upgrade above all else.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
but what do you take from this? to be a top team you need more than anything a top defense, which we dont have, thats why i really want a CB upgrade above all else.
What I take from this? Well I don't think our team is balanced and really build for the future. Because I don't think tha back 3 is the way to go, but if we move from back 3 to 4 that opens lots of holes in our team, we need not only another top Defender, a LB, but wingers too.

I knew from the start that we will concede at one point or another in the game, the only chance to win the game was to finish them off, vidal had chances, but didin't convert. But the way Fiorentina coused us problems it was obvious that we will concede with the way we played.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
defending a a 1 gol lead is your interpretation, i see it as making sure viola dont score because chances are we will score in florence. we dont need to destroy them we just need to get through with the least damage.

- - - Updated - - -

And how did that work out for him? That master plan.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What I take from this? Well I don't think our team is balanced and really build for the future. Because I don't think tha back 3 is the way to go, but if we move from back 3 to 4 that opens lots of holes in our team, we need not only another top Defender, a LB, but wingers too.

I knew from the start that we will concede at one point or another in the game, the only chance to win the game was to finish them off, vidal had chances, but didin't convert. But the way Fiorentina coused us problems it was obvious that we will concede with the way we played.
regarding the first part, you are obviously overreacting, our defensive makeup is not horrible and the team IS balanced defensively, what we have is some weaknesses in the dept that ought to be upgraded.

as for the rest, do you remember lippi's juve? how about trap's? we ALWAYS played this way. And how many times this season did you think we'd concede and we didnt?? we have to look at things in context, we cant just take one game and start generalizing, that's myopic thinking imo

And how did that work out for him? That master plan.
yes because trying means always being successful, who needs analysis when you can assign others populist epithets

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Are we out? Last time I've checked there are two games to be played.

Most probably, unless Asamoah pulls one more of his amazing carrier defining goals AND we wont get unlucky again AND/OR they wont get lucky AND for some strange reason Conte will decide to field less starters in a cup game AND Bonucci wont have more of his famous brainfarts, in case he is fielded.
What are the odds for all these to happen? I d say less than 50%...

Even with the odds against us, we ought to try though.
I know that Conte is not interested for the cup, (as he is chasing the Capello winning records)
but i was expecting a better display from our subs, on the their best opportunity to shine.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
We can screw up in the CL group stage (shiits happen to any team) but there is absolutely no excuse for our performance against that Turkish team first game (can't even remember there fockin name) and again last night.

We manage to get away in turkey but it is extremely difficult to get a result in Florence. Personally I think we're 80-90% already out of Europe.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
regarding the first part, you are obviously overreacting, our defensive makeup is not horrible and the team IS balanced defensively, what we have is some weaknesses in the dept that ought to be upgraded.

as for the rest, do you remember lippi's juve? how about trap's? we ALWAYS played this way. And how many times this season did you think we'd concede and we didnt?? we have to look at things in context, we cant just take one game and start generalizing, that's myopic thinking imo
Well trap's Juve was a bit better defensivly for the job. And I'm not painting that we are doomed, I'm just trying to look realisticly, we were poor this game. With that sort of defence we can win league, because there are more weak teams then strong, and we will hold almost everytime, but when we go to europe, we will lose more times then we win with this approach and this defense.

As for my first part I think if we moved to back four, we would need to buy LB and a WC CB, couse sadly, I don't think Chiellini is one anymore or will regain his form consistently. We are a balanced side for 352, but I don't think it's the way to go, and if change to back four, we are anything but balanced, but that's just my opinion.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

yes because trying means always being successful, who needs analysis when you can assign others populist epithets
It is more likely to succeed in something proven to work better than things that work once in a blue moon.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
We can screw up in the CL group stage (shiits happen to any team) but there is absolutely no excuse for our performance against that Turkish team first game (can't even remember there fockin name) and again last night.

We manage to get away in turkey but it is extremely difficult to get a result in Florence. Personally I think we're 80-90% already out of Europe.
trabzonspor.. and yes.. i agree..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)