Antonio Conte (60 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The one thing that keeps me relatively happy right now is that Conte would rather play a very makeshift 4-3-3 against a top team in Madrid, rather than stick to the 3-5-2.

Perhaps he wants to move on from the current set up almost as badly as some of us do.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The one thing that keeps me relatively happy right now is that Conte would rather play a very makeshift 4-3-3 against a top team in Madrid, rather than stick to the 3-5-2.

Perhaps he wants to move on from the current set up almost as badly as some of us do.
Or perhaps he's studied the art of war. Surprise is a good thing to have when matching against a stronger opponent.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Conte switched 433 against Real simply cos he knew we'd get ass plummeted if he played 352. Real are masters in attacking down the flanks. We'd stand no chance. But against them on both games using 433 as we all saw, we looked comfortable. We should finally spend this summer in buying the right players for that formation. All the Big European powerhouses use that. We look too flat playing 352 in Europe. Hence why we're where we are right now. This summer will be interesting to see for sure.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This summer will be DECISIVE.

Otherwise we will be at this same position next year: Cruising Serie A but being dispatched like the fodder we are in Europe.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This summer will be DECISIVE.

Otherwise we will be at this same position next year: Cruising Serie A but being dispatched like the fodder we are in Europe.
Pretty much. We'll need few signings to be able to use that formation, otherwise we'd be just fielding players not suitable for that kind of system, thus not exactly making genuine improvement. This summer will tell us whether our mgt has these kind of plans. I said it before and I still believe that we've reached all that we can with this team and current setup; in order to progress we'll need more quality and rather different system. Playing from the back, endless exchanges of passes between our CBs and Pirlo is obsolete, and difficulties to handle the slightest pressure is somewhat worrisome. We have limited choices on our bench, not too many versatile player, if any, plenty of hardworking players, but the lack of real genius, etc...

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
Conte's pussy attitude in Europe is a disgrace, yes I love him as much as you guys, but for us to be a actual force in Europe, and not humiliate ourselves, Italy and serie a year after year, we need a new guy, of for him to wake the fuck up. I figured since we pretty much all ready have serie a wrapped up, he would play full strength and actually try vs fiore, but nope, he plays rotated squad with pussy mentality, but yet he's going to line up full strength vs genoa. He is a moron

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I have to laugh at the people claiming Conte has a "pussy" attitude, i would absolutely love it if he plays the same "flawed" 3-5-2 in Florence and smashes Fiorentina...but then these same FM masters will claim he got lucky.

What i will agree with is the formation only works with certain players and Tevez is a must here but last night the back 3 looked totally lob sided and the forward line was far too close to the midfield. Fiorentina flooded the midfield as they knew we couldn't hurt them with pace on the break and neither Osvaldo or giovinco were good enough to link the play.

The question isn't Conte's insistence on the 3-5-2 but on why we recruited a forward (osvaldo) who can't play the role

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i would start with our strongest 3-5-2 against Fiorentina and put up pressure to score a goal in the 1st half. then i would put in Giovinco in the second and switch to 4-3-3 and try to get a second one. we will need 2 goals to progress as they will score 1 atleast

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
because quagliarella has nothing but the odd bit of pace to work with on the right, he can't cross, he can't dribble, he can't beat his man. useless idea for a winger
giovinco can :D

Giovinco Llorente Tevez

that could easily work well. giovinco can cut with his left or even carry on with his right and whip in a cross.

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013

Giovinco Llorente Tevez

that could easily work well. giovinco can cut with his left or even carry on with his right and whip in a cross.
You'd rather have Giovinco on the left then vucinic?

- - - Updated - - -

Giovinco Llorente Tevez

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Giovinco Llorente Tevez

Tell that to Conte.

And no, Tevez will not play on the right, he is even right footed if im not wrong.

I have to laugh at the people claiming Conte has a "pussy" attitude
He is not only coward sometimes, but my main concern with him is that he LACKS when it matters.
He can scream and be brave all what he wants before the game... but i want to see how of a bad guy he is in Europe, not in the press conferences.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Tell that to Conte.

And no, Tevez will not play on the right, he is even right footed if im not wrong.
hes talking about Giovinco on the right wing ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Mus™;4478685 said:
If anything he's proving to be a Mancini 2.0
:lol: we'll see if you still claim that when we win the EL and reach the CL semis in the next season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)