Antonio Conte (36 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I really don't understand the hate for Italian coaches since they've won the most CL titles. Why would foreigner be better alternative?
I don't have anything against Italians. Their coaches are just pusssies and are not suited to the modern game. Sure, they have won a lot, but that is history. Past performance is not an indicated of future success, whether it be stocks, bonds, or football.

Perhaps.

id only take a foreign one if his name is Deschamps. and Conte should stay here atleast for another 3-4 years.
Even if he does nothing in Europe?

After all, we have home field advantage if we reach the final in this competition. That should be good enough encouragement to do well in Europa. That tells me Conte doesn't care about Europa and it is brushing off on the team.

If with new players, some of them wingers, Conte fails to deliver again... i think it will be clear as water what our objectives will be the next season.

And when i say fail, im not talking baout losing in quarters or semis against worthy opponents...... but losing to the likes of Gala and cophenhagen in snorefests.....
The objective will be to win Serie A. Everything else they seemingly don't care about.

Suppose Conte leaves ..Which Italian 'alternative' you would replace him with ?
None.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I would not want an Italian replacement, if I had to pick it would be Prandelli.

But if the Italian 'defend a 1 goal lead at home' mentality is what's holding us back, replacing one Italian with another is like replacing Llorente with Crouch and hoping for a vast improvement.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
ok Conte ain't leaving as long as he keeps winning Scudetti. This is not fuckin Real Madrid where they sack winning coaches just for shits and giggles.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I don't have anything against Italians. Their coaches are just pusssies and are not suited to the modern game. Sure, they have won a lot, but that is history. Past performance is not an indicated of future success, whether it be stocks, bonds, or football.
Yours and mine understanding of history somewhat differs. Something that has happened last year or few years before is not obsolete by any means. Only two years ago Prandelli led Italy to EC final, Di Matteo won CL with Chelsea also two years ago, Ancelloti currently has terrific spell with Real, etc... Not suited to the modern game you say?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yours and mine understanding of history somewhat differs. Something that has happened last year or few years before is not obsolete by any means. Only two years ago Prandelli led Italy to EC final, Di Matteo won CL with Chelsea also two years ago, Ancelloti currently has terrific spell with Real, etc... Not suited to the modern game you say?
Di Matteo isn't a good example as that was essentially a lot of other folks' work. Carlo is really one of the few exceptions to my opinion of Italian coaches.

Conte learned from Lippi, Conte uses a cautious approach to European fixtures, so the proof is in the pudding.

Do you disagree that the majority of Italian coaches, including Conte, will sit back more in Europe?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's a terrible formation for Europe, lets be honest here. How many times do we have to see other teams stifle Pirlo and shut us down to realize that two wing backs are not going to deliver the offensive threats we need. And also, we gave up 9 goals in the group stage, so so much for that "tactical brilliance" of the 3-5-2. The formation sucks and Italian coaches are massive, gaping pusssie holes.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I will give Conte the benefit of the doubt and one more season in Europe. If we don't reach the quarters, he's gone. We can then move on to somebody who isn't Italian.

There's only one alternative for me if Conte were to leave, and that is Diego Simeone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)