Antonio Conte (236 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
?????????

We had the worst performance of the season in the first half. It was horrible.

Tactics were a reason, but not the main factor. Everyone was lazy, sloppy and lacking focus/drive. This is what was really weird.

I think that one week of rest will do wonders for these guys. 2 straight games at home against Viola. Let's finish them in both games. Reserves can play the away game.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
i personally think we played it almost perfect, we sucked up the pressure well and only really let our guard down with really silly give-aways, our first gol was a thing of beauty only real teams can pull off.
Been hearing this bullsheet since the Celtic match.

Everyone needs to think of the Bayern games to really understand what the reality of this "soaking up pressure and surgically striking when needed" bs is all about.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Almost perfectly? Had we been against a team who could finish, we'd be 3-0 down by half time. Relying on the opposition not finishing chances isn't tactical at all.

We don't have the system or the players to play a pure counter-attacking game. When we're forced back it's not generally of our own choosing. ffs Conte himself said he had changes in mind and wanted to get to half time at 0-0. Then Llorente scores. Conte was unhappy with our first half.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
This was hardly perfect. Milan fucked up so many great chances (especially the open net one with Bonucci saving us I think). That wasn't a planned pressure soaking. That was luck. But luck tends to side with better teams so I won't complain :p.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
i personally think we played it almost perfect, we sucked up the pressure well and only really let our guard down with really silly give-aways, our first gol was a thing of beauty only real teams can pull off.
That was the idea but the execution was terrible, Buffon and Milan's terrible finishing kept us in the game until we scored from a brilliant team effort.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
Juventus boss Antonio Conte has won the Panchina d’Oro award for the second season in a row.
The Bianconeri Coach was named as Italy’s best tactician at a ceremony on Monday, winning the title for guiding the Old Lady to another Scudetto in 2012/13.
The former midfielder won 26 votes, with Fiorentina’s Vincenzo Montellacoming a close second with 23.
Ex-Napoli and current Inter man Walter Mazzarri came in third place.
Eusebio Di Francesco, who was sacked Sassuolo but is expected to be rehired by the Neroverdi later today, won the Best Coach in Serie B award.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Was prolly top 3 worst first halfs we had in years, due to failing so much at technical level, we were outmatched, even if it was mainly due to physical aggression and they would eventually tire out, but we completely made it easy for them with complete inability to have possession, this wasnt a game were we dropped back and soaked pressure like vs Roma and such. We were on the frigging ropes and completely nervy, saved by Buffon in crucial moments.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The almost perfectly comment is indeed hilarious. If by almost perfect, X implies giving away the ball cheaply in midfield, and allowing Milan 22 shots on goal during a half, then I guess it was indeed almost perfect :D

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Nah man. PSG is gonna buy Pjanic and whoever else they want. Higuain is gonna get fed up at Napoli and leave to Chelski or forever be stuck in mediocrity, Fiorentina will break Rossi permanently and moan about lack of funds. And the Whore sisters will stay in their brothel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 228)