Antonio Conte (166 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
We defenitely did not deserve to go through. Period.

Thing is though, Gala deserved it even less.They were destroyed by Real two times and LOST against Kopenhagen, something even we didn't manage. Then they scraped through luckily against us on a shitty pitch.

I'm not too bitter about it as we really mostly have ourselves to blame, but I think that it should be kept in mind whenever the "we didn't deserve to go through" argument is brought up.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Real deserved to win in Madrid, but we were the better team in Turin. Casilias had the best game in years.
we were not disqualified because of Madrid, we were disqualified because of what we did with Galata.
And Galata has reached the level they did, because they onwed us hard in the transfer market.
Our disqualification was were deserved, we didnt reserve that last match chance and we didnt behave like we should, not even then...

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
we were not disqualified because of Madrid, we were disqualified because of what we did with Galata.
And Galata has reached the level they did, because they onwed us hard in the transfer market.
Our disqualification was were deserved, we didnt reserve that last match chance and we didnt behave like we should, not even then...
We were disqualified because of the results in our two first games.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We were disqualified because of the results in our two first games.
yes, i called that, even before we start the Real games, our behavior then was pathetic, the loss of the 2 goal led with Galata.
We knew that the refs wont let down Real, one way or the other, they never do, we ought to strike in the first two matches, we didnt and we have failed.
Whats worse is that we learnt nothing from it though, we were gifted a chance of redemption in the last match day and we blew it again...
So basically Galata has disqualified twice, mostly because of the players that MArotta has failed to sway from their grasp.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
yes, i called that, even before we start the Real games, our behavior then was pathetic, the loss of the 2 goal led with Galata.
We knew that the refs wont let down Real, one way or the other, they never do, we ought to strike in the first two matches, we didnt and we have failed.
Whats worse is that we learnt nothing from it though, we were gifted a chance of redemption in the last match day and we blew it again...
So basically Galata has disqualified twice, mostly because of the players that MArotta has failed to sway from their grasp.

:lol:

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
“I am very happy, as it is certainly a better performance in every way compared to the first leg,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.
“We approached it the right way, whereas in Turin we only did what we wanted to in fits and starts. We risked compromising qualification in the first leg.”
“In order to continue in Serie A and the Europa League I need everyone. Some of these lads are mistreated by the critics, but they can gain confidence and form by playing well in these games.
“Giovinco did well with the assists, but he is right to get angry when he doesn’t score. He is a striker, so he should want to score goals.
“I did say yesterday that people shouldn’t expect us to come here and defend. We tried to score from the start and that’s what we did. Once the game was already in a strong position, I was then able to make a few changes and rest players like Paul Pogba and Martin Caceres.”
“Marchisio has everything it takes to do well in that role. If he starts seeing the vertical passes for the strikers and midfielders pushing up, then he can be a real huge surprise in that position. Of course Andrea is the first choice, but Marchisio is proving to be a very valid back-up that helps us relax.”

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
We defenitely did not deserve to go through. Period.

Thing is though, Gala deserved it even less.They were destroyed by Real two times and LOST against Kopenhagen, something even we didn't manage. Then they scraped through luckily against us on a shitty pitch.

I'm not too bitter about it as we really mostly have ourselves to blame, but I think that it should be kept in mind whenever the "we didn't deserve to go through" argument is brought up.
The frozen kebab pitch didn't help. I knew it would be like in 2000 with the unpredictable weather on the last day of the league. I really didn't fancy our chances as things always seem to go wrong when stuff like that happens.

Imagine that Merda team in 2010 had to play their last game on a frozen kebab pitch when the only result that would send them through against Kezan was a win and they almost messed it up with a very good team, they would have never won the CL if they didn't win that game. I'm not saying we would have won the CL but it just goes to show that u need luck to help u as well and luck wasn't on our side in the last game.

May 22, 2013
“I am very happy, as it is certainly a better performance in every way compared to the first leg,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.
“We approached it the right way, whereas in Turin we only did what we wanted to in fits and starts. We risked compromising qualification in the first leg.”
“In order to continue in Serie A and the Europa League I need everyone. Some of these lads are mistreated by the critics, but they can gain confidence and form by playing well in these games.
“Giovinco did well with the assists, but he is right to get angry when he doesn’t score. He is a striker, so he should want to score goals.
“I did say yesterday that people shouldn’t expect us to come here and defend. We tried to score from the start and that’s what we did. Once the game was already in a strong position, I was then able to make a few changes and rest players like Paul Pogba and Martin Caceres.”
“Marchisio has everything it takes to do well in that role. If he starts seeing the vertical passes for the strikers and midfielders pushing up, then he can be a real huge surprise in that position. Of course Andrea is the first choice, but Marchisio is proving to be a very valid back-up that helps us relax.”

Love this man, he is always so right

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The frozen kebab pitch didn't help. I knew it would be like in 2000 with the unpredictable weather on the last day of the league. I really didn't fancy our chances as things always seem to go wrong when stuff like that happens.

Imagine that Merda team in 2010 had to play their last game on a frozen kebab pitch when the only result that would send them through against Kezan was a win and they almost messed it up with a very good team, they would have never won the CL if they didn't win that game. I'm not saying we would have won the CL but it just goes to show that u need luck to help u as well and luck wasn't on our side in the last game.
true. now that you mentioned it i just remembered the group stage 2009 and the last game against Bayern. who knows what would have happened if they didnt suddenly went crazy against us. they reached the final that season.....

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
true. now that you mentioned it i just remembered the group stage 2009 and the last game against Bayern. who knows what would have happened if they didnt suddenly went crazy against us. they reached the final that season.....
Ye i didn't even think about that, That game pretty much defined our season in a nut shell. That was the start of the disaster that happened that year. Van Gaal was sure to be sacked if they didn't beat us in that last game.

I remember when we went 1-0 up i was so sure we were going through, could not believe we conceded 4 goals at fucking home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 166)