Antonio Conte (320 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 4, 2011
[h=1]Conte: Juventus going to attack in Trabzonspor[/h]

"We are not coming to Turkey in order to defend a 2-0 lead because scoring a goal here would practically secure our qualification for the next round," he told reporters on Wednesday.

"The 2-0 from the first leg is certainly an excellent result, as it’s very important to win at home without conceding. This can be to our advantage.

"However, we are facing a side pushed forward by 25,000 fans. There is going to be a fiery atmosphere, but we are prepared and have the utmost respect for this team. It’s not the first time we have faced a game like this."

The Juve coach made some changes for the first-leg clash in the hope of keeping his side fresh for the remainder of the campaign and he hinted at more of the same on Thursday.

"In the first leg the players who haven’t had as much playing time did well, but tomorrow I expect them to do even better," he continued.

"If we do well, then we will continue in the competition, but I do admit I have to rotate the squad, otherwise we run huge risks.

"These games are also valuable, as they give the players more European experience. Some people forget our European adventure only began last season. It’ll be tougher than in Italy, so we require a lot of patience and hard work."

tbf he is right...we cannot play full strength since we need our squad fresh against milan and other players deserve to play as well

forza conte, we can win this

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So Conte has already made his excuses and is expecting us to lose, but we may go through because of the away wall.
He made it clear that he would not risk losing one point in the championship, in order to do better in the cup.
so we will be disqualified when we meet our first decent adversary, just like it happened in the domestic cup, in the past years...

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
"In the first leg the players who haven’t had as much playing time did well, but tomorrow I expect them to do even better," he continued.

:lol: Peluso was fucking awesome Conte... keep telling yourself that

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
that is true... thats why i think it has been a good move by Conte to play his subs more often so they gain match fitness... we are probably going to see Peluso more often in the Serie A, so Asamoah can play in the next EL matches (if we qualify)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It would be pretty stupid actually to waste key players staminae (or whatever the plural of stamina is) on this game where we're practically through while a tough fixture awaits us in the league just 4 days after.

Apr 8, 2013
Goodness me,this stats argument again.Maybe we should give ourselves a Scudetto for this.

The fact that we are putting it down to bad luck says much about our team.If we played like a Top European team ,we'd have breezed through the Group stages but lets continue hearing these wonderful theories while we're at it.
I don't really see your point, dude. You're so bitter but you have no argumentations. I wrote a 20 lines paragraph to explain whatever I had to say.

But why are people just attributing to just to bad luck ? Its not bad luck Tevez and the likes miss sitters or our defenders cant keep concentration.Look at the excuses in that above post ,he is saying we couldnt hold the lead against Gala due to bad bouncing lol.

Lets not forget we played disjointed football pretty much the entire campaign bar the Madrid games,misplaced passes everywhere,no cohesion,was just a total disappointment to see considering we played so well last year.

I think we need get over it and accept that we flopped,most importantly the coach flopped hard rather than giving reasons like 'monster CL stats' or blaming the Galatasaray pitch.We just dint deserve to go through with the way we played this campaign.
The "bad bouncing" is a fact, but I don't see how it's a problem, it can happen in football, and it's not the only thing I mentioned. As are the "monster CL stats" that you like to laugh about, but I didn't make it, I just found it on trusted stats websites like WhoScored.com, and I rewatched every match of our campaign. If you think we didn't deserve to go through the group stage, I honestly believe this is a ridiculous statement. I won't go on explaining it once again... And it's not "missing sitters" when 2 goalkeepers make the saves of their lives.

Apr 8, 2013
We were not perfect, dude, but to think Gala had a best group stage than us is absolutely retarded, tbh. They were absolute sh#t against us, against Cope, to don't mention against Real. I insist so much on that stats argument because from what I see it's like we've never seen the ball in this CL, and everything is to reset, and that's absolutely unfair. We've had the match in our hands even in both legs against Madrid and in other matches. We've just missed a bit of cynism, experience and good luck. And the thing who annoys me most it's to see behaving like it was our first campaign, and forgetting our former first CL, where with a weaker them we've had a wonderful campaign until we met the Bayern, against whom every team in Europe last year was helpless, and Conte and the other guys has something to prove... Like if United didn't fail on 11/12, or City didn't fail, even 2 years in a row, in a ridiculous way, way worse than us, but nobody put them in a so harsh criticism, just because of other league, other line-up, other spending, other reputation. That's it.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I don't really see your point, dude. You're so bitter but you have no argumentations. I wrote a 20 lines paragraph to explain whatever I had to say.

The "bad bouncing" is a fact, but I don't see how it's a problem, it can happen in football, and it's not the only thing I mentioned. As are the "monster CL stats" that you like to laugh about, but I didn't make it, I just found it on trusted stats websites like WhoScored.com, and I rewatched every match of our campaign. If you think we didn't deserve to go through the group stage, I honestly believe this is a ridiculous statement. I won't go on explaining it once again... And it's not "missing sitters" when 2 goalkeepers make the saves of their lives.
OFCOURSE ,we dint deserve to go through with the way we played throughout the entire campaign.Remove that biased tinted glasses of yours for a second there.

You cant say a team 'deserved' to go through when it copped up a grand total on ONE win out of 6 games.You're really not the objective types,more like the arrogant ones who love to live in denial.

Apr 8, 2013
OFCOURSE ,we dint deserve to go through with the way we played throughout the entire campaign.Remove that biased tinted glasses of yours for a second there.

You cant say a team 'deserved' to go through when it copped up a grand total on ONE win out of 6 games.You're really not the objective types,more like the arrogant ones who love to live in denial.
:lol: I think we're not gonna agree on this then... However, I bet we both hope we do better next year and that's all that matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 314)