Antonio Conte (73 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Hm. I wouldn't agree with that. There have been a few moments where I thought the same, but not nearly enough for me to consider it an actual improvement. Plus, like you mention, we were supposed to be a lot better than last year anyway...

Though I have to admit my judgement is fairly clouded, mainly because of the CL disaster.
No, not really. Ur not cluded at all-.

We havent been utterly impressive when it has mattered. Yeah we won against Roma (which was a tricky game since before our goals we were struggling) and did some good games against madrid... but apart from that.... im not sure.

In serie A, 90% of the teams just wait for us and give us space on the mid of the field.... but when a team with one or 2 capable players in attack is willing to press us and to not give us possesion...we crumble.

Of course.. our numbers suggest that we are still dooing good obviously... but after our last games which we have been playing like shid with our full team.... im not sure anymore.

Add to it our troubles with our formation and the way Conte sets up the team and we have a lot fo things to think about.

We need new attacking players with technique and quality. Our so called depth is not cutting it anymore. We upgraded our attack to a decent degree, but we need like 2 or if possible 3 really quality players in other positions and a shuffle in our gameplan to really judge.

Serie A, apart from Roma , Napoli , Fiorentina.... is full of low quality teams who just know to counter attack, and their are even bad at it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
We play better football this year, despite of our early CL exit. Mostly due to possessing more quality upfront. Disregarding usual awkward Jan-Feb period of course.
Hm. I wouldn't agree with that. There have been a few moments where I thought the same, but not nearly enough for me to consider it an actual improvement. Plus, like you mention, we were supposed to be a lot better than last year anyway...

Though I have to admit my judgement is fairly clouded, mainly because of the CL disaster.
you guys are forgetting a major important point ( I think you are. you might just be not mentioning it)

out of the starting line up, only Llorente and Tevez are new. all the rest are the same players who have either one or two scudetto previously.

now everyone knows it's hard to keep your players motivated to win when they have already dominated 2 seasons in a row. This is why sometimes it looks like only Tevez or Llorente are doing what is required, because they have something to prove.

Honestly all thing said, Conte deserves a lot of credit for keeping this team motivated to keep winning scudettos (in record breaking fashion non the less)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
That's a good point & something I agree with 100%. I'm not really criticizing Conte either, just pointing out that, imo, almost nothing has changed compared to last season. Which is obviously not a bad thing, if we forget about the CL for a minute.

Oh my, this may just be the first time I agree with Lion. Off to the emergency room with me!

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
you guys are forgetting a major important point ( I think you are. you might just be not mentioning it)

out of the starting line up, only Llorente and Tevez are new. all the rest are the same players who have either one or two scudetto previously.

now everyone knows it's hard to keep your players motivated to win when they have already dominated 2 seasons in a row. This is why sometimes it looks like only Tevez or Llorente are doing what is required, because they have something to prove.

Honestly all thing said, Conte deserves a lot of credit for keeping this team motivated to keep winning scudettos (in record breaking fashion non the less)
Pogba.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Conte is the best coach we have had since Lippi, i absolutely love the man and adore all that he has done for us. We aint getting a better coach for Serie A.

Having said that Conte is a pussy in europe and not because the team has been losing or playing out dull draws against weaker sides but because Conte refuses to be flexible with his tactics and formations. Losing to Bayern was understandable, even to other European giants with whom we cannot compete financially but i'd like to se us go down swinging. We go out like pussies rather than warriors that Conte likes to think of us and himself.

Apr 8, 2013
WΏΏdy?;4464509 said:
Conte is the best coach we have had since Lippi, i absolutely love the man and adore all that he has done for us. We aint getting a better coach for Serie A.

Having said that Conte is a pussy in europe and not because the team has been losing or playing out dull draws against weaker sides but because Conte refuses to be flexible with his tactics and formations. Losing to Bayern was understandable, even to other European giants with whom we cannot compete financially but i'd like to se us go down swinging. We go out like pussies rather than warriors that Conte likes to think of us and himself.
Yeah, keeping ball possession and chances in Bernabeu while being 1 man down is a very pussy attitude.

The truth is that you can say a lot of things about Conte, true or false (a lot has already been said), but probably the only undeniable thing is that the guy is not a pussy. We are the team with the highest barycenter in Serie A, and, I didn't check, but probably in the C. League too, we are one of the best. We are the team who shot most and, even if someone does not care about this or think this is not important, that says A LOT about our attitude in C. League. You can't just behave like if we are a team who sits down and can't attack, cause it's not true, you don't like the stats? You can rewatch the match, they're even in the web. Then again, won't post or say the reasons why Conte is not a "pussy" :lol: (just putting the two sentences together is ridiculous) cause who's followed Juventus throughout the last years should know it very well.

One of the thruths is that in this C.L. there were a lot of improvements compared to last year, when we reached Q.F. with Vucinic and Giovinco upfront (and this is something that someone forgot quickly), probably because of the experience and/or our better forwards. I smile when I see people cracking their heads on why we're out on the C.L., what went wrong, and bla bla bla,. Our stats in CL, the shots, the possession, the barycenter on the pitch, are those of a very great team. We've just been unlucky somehow, it happened a lot of times in football and you've gotta accept it. In the 2 matches against Gala we conceded the goals in last mins due to a bad bouncing, F.E., or when Wiland or Casillas make the saves of their lifes?

However, IMO, people shouldn't bother so much, cause this wasn't yet our good year to win CL. Without badluck probably we would have made it to QF/Semis, but to that honestly, I prefer winning another European trophy, with the great chance of doing it in our stadium, and that would be very nice, with choreographies and so on, might be a night to remember. But we still have a long way to go and won't be easy... E. League is a long competition.

Jesus, this post got way too long, but tonight I've got time in my hands...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeah, keeping ball possession and chances in Bernabeu while being 1 man down is a very pussy attitude.
Like i said before, tht was the only time we looked like a real european team. Woody himself said it.

I dont think he is a pussy, i just fear something even worse than that...and is that he is simply on his actual tactical limits. THAT is frightening, because on one hand we have a coach who is steamrolling serie A, bt on the other hand we have someone who is just not good enought to take us to the next level.

But this cannot be solely blamed on Conte. Ill wait and give my final judgement next season...after we capitalize on the needs of rbinging new offensive players.

We have an acceptable midfield, and our strikers are just good enought. Now is the time to bring more flavor to our team.

About our luck, yeah we didnt had much of it... but is also true that in the games the luck wasnt on our side...we showed zero commitment and didnt played to our usual self. Also, the CL debacles came in a period in which we were playing very poorly,similar to how we are playing right now, so that could be an excuse too.

Still, Conte always says that eh doesnt change formation because he lacks the players to properly apply a new one. next year, we will have the chance to sign players like Berardi, Gabiadini and inmobile on the cheap..plus maybe another "marotta" style cheap and useful player, and maybe break the bank for another quality one. So Conte will have a minimum of 2, maybe 3 new offensive players to be able to swtich our gameplay.

So, his real and final test will be next season. If we get the players, we will have to check how he fares

Apr 8, 2013
I wrote a lot on the previous post and I wouldn't like to waste time repeating myself, really. I respectfully disagree on most points, however. The fact that you say the only time we looked as a European team in the last 2 years was the unfair defeat in Madrid makes me wonder a lot about your concepts of it or your memories. Then again, the fact that is even debated if Conte is a p***y or not, is beyond me. I'm sorry that most people can't realize what Conte has done in his time here. From the tactics, to the spirit, to valorizing players, to protecting a club that has so enemies in Italy, and so on. It's really a pity for me. Then "If we get the players", like if actually we don't have a great team... :lol: Results count that much for a fan? I will repeat that we played a monter CL statistically, we've missed some luck but I don't get why some fans make a tragedy out of it. Man City got slammed out at the group stages 2 years in a row playing WAYYY worse than us and having the likes of Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Tourè and so on. Probably it's just because 3-5-2 is unused and by some ways unfashionable that is so criticized, but you can't say it's uneffective at all. There are just not the bases to say so... About the transfer, don't expect nothing big this summer, especially if we don't sell our big bucks. The only sure thing actually is Berardi. Don't know if we will change module, I don't think so, but even if we do I doubt there will be 30-40 M signings.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Tevez
Llorente
Pogba (permanently starting)

All three are a major upgrade in their respective positions...which makes me more disappointed that we didn't do better in Europe.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think that is largely down to there not really having been a spell where Tevez and Llorente have both been playing well and making major contributions so far this season.

Juve got by with one forward generally doing okay for the most part last season and are doing much the same this time around.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Like I said previously, I don't even think the Tevez-Llorente partnership is particularly good anyway. They don't work THAT well together, they seem to get in each others way.

P.S this is about how both players work together, i'm not taking a dig at either of them individually.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

The truth is that you can say a lot of things about Conte, true or false (a lot has already been said), but probably the only undeniable thing is that the guy is not a pussy. We are the team with the highest barycenter in Serie A, and, I didn't check, but probably in the C. League too, we are one of the best. We are the team who shot most and, even if someone does not care about this or think this is not important, that says A LOT about our attitude in C. League. You can't just behave like if we are a team who sits down and can't attack, cause it's not true, you don't like the stats? You can rewatch the match, they're even in the web. Then again, won't post or say the reasons why Conte is not a "pussy" :lol: (just putting the two sentences together is ridiculous) cause who's followed Juventus throughout the last years should know it very well.

One of the thruths is that in this C.L. there were a lot of improvements compared to last year, when we reached Q.F. with Vucinic and Giovinco upfront (and this is something that someone forgot quickly), probably because of the experience and/or our better forwards. I smile when I see people cracking their heads on why we're out on the C.L., what went wrong, and bla bla bla,. Our stats in CL, the shots, the possession, the barycenter on the pitch, are those of a very great team. We've just been unlucky somehow, it happened a lot of times in football and you've gotta accept it. In the 2 matches against Gala we conceded the goals in last mins due to a bad bouncing, F.E., or when Wiland or Casillas make the saves of their lifes?

However, IMO, people shouldn't bother so much, cause this wasn't yet our good year to win CL. Without badluck probably we would have made it to QF/Semis, but to that honestly, I prefer winning another European trophy, with the great chance of doing it in our stadium, and that would be very nice, with choreographies and so on, might be a night to remember. But we still have a long way to go and won't be easy... E. League is a long competition.

Jesus, this post got way too long, but tonight I've got time in my hands...
I wrote a lot on the previous post and I wouldn't like to waste time repeating myself, really. I respectfully disagree on most points, however. The fact that you say the only time we looked as a European team in the last 2 years was the unfair defeat in Madrid makes me wonder a lot about your concepts of it or your memories. Then again, the fact that is even debated if Conte is a p***y or not, is beyond me. I'm sorry that most people can't realize what Conte has done in his time here. From the tactics, to the spirit, to valorizing players, to protecting a club that has so enemies in Italy, and so on. It's really a pity for me. Then "If we get the players", like if actually we don't have a great team... :lol: Results count that much for a fan? I will repeat that we played a monter CL statistically, we've missed some luck but I don't get why some fans make a tragedy out of it. Man City got slammed out at the group stages 2 years in a row playing WAYYY worse than us and having the likes of Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Tourè and so on. Probably it's just because 3-5-2 is unused and by some ways unfashionable that is so criticized, but you can't say it's uneffective at all. There are just not the bases to say so... About the transfer, don't expect nothing big this summer, especially if we don't sell our big bucks. The only sure thing actually is Berardi. Don't know if we will change module, I don't think so, but even if we do I doubt there will be 30-40 M signings.
Goodness me,this stats argument again.Maybe we should give ourselves a Scudetto for this.

The fact that we are putting it down to bad luck says much about our team.If we played like a Top European team ,we'd have breezed through the Group stages but lets continue hearing these wonderful theories while we're at it.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Goodness me,this stats argument again.Maybe we should give ourselves a Scudetto for this.

The fact that we are putting it down to bad luck says much about our team.If we played like a Top European team ,we'd have breezed through the Group stages but lets continue hearing these wonderful theories while we're at it.
:beer:

Hate excuses....

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If we played like a Top European team ,we'd have breezed through the Group stages but lets continue hearing these wonderful theories while we're at it.
You're making light of some factors, reasons are excuses depending on your angle, but really in football it doesn't matter if you 'play like a top European team' (whatever that means - attacking football with a 4-3-3?), sometimes it just doesn't work out over a qualification period. There are enough 'top European teams' who played top European football who didn't qualify in various seasons because they messed up a group stage.

We just didn't do quite enough in each game, but this is going over old ground and manipulating it to suit a current argument.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
You're making light of some factors, reasons are excuses depending on your angle, but really in football it doesn't matter if you 'play like a top European team' (whatever that means - attacking football with a 4-3-3?), sometimes it just doesn't work out over a qualification period. There are enough 'top European teams' who played top European football who didn't qualify in various seasons because they messed up a group stage.

We just didn't do quite enough in each game, but this is going over old ground and manipulating it to suit a current argument.
But why are people just attributing to just to bad luck ? Its not bad luck Tevez and the likes miss sitters or our defenders cant keep concentration.Look at the excuses in that above post ,he is saying we couldnt hold the lead against Gala due to bad bouncing lol.

Lets not forget we played disjointed football pretty much the entire campaign bar the Madrid games,misplaced passes everywhere,no cohesion,was just a total disappointment to see considering we played so well last year.

I think we need get over it and accept that we flopped,most importantly the coach flopped hard rather than giving reasons like 'monster CL stats' or blaming the Galatasaray pitch.We just dint deserve to go through with the way we played this campaign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)