Antonio Conte (27 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Yes, because those teams are playing in the Europa League...
Chelsea were playing in Europa league last season and they've won it even though they had to focus on their league and qualify for CL. I can give you countless examples on teams doing exactly the same including JUVE in 93/94 season.

Add the fact that this year final will be played in our stadium that in itself makes it extremely important to win the title.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Chelsea were playing in Europa league last season and they've won it even though they had to focus on their league and qualify for CL.
Chelsea also changed a few players, just as we will, and they scraped past Sparta Prague, Steaua, and Rubin Kazan in the first three KO ties by one goal over two legs. Also, this time last year Chelsea were miles behind Man Utd in 1st, a title race is very different to mixing it amongst a group to be in 3 out of 4.

This is exactly what we will do in the earlier stages, we'll play a 6/11 or 7/11 out of our strongest team. And frankly it's ridiculous to suggest that we will play our strongest team in this competition when games are on a Thursday and we have a chance at an historic third consecutive scudetto.

Teams from big leagues who win this trophy are bridesmaids in their domestic league, there is a reason for that.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
You have to make small steps. We have been thrown out of the CL after drawing with teams like Copenhagen and Gala. We need to get used to European competition. What better way than to do it against the likes of Tottenham and Valencia?
Exactly.

If this team doesn't prove itself on the European stage, we will soon find ourselves the pre-Mourinho Inter. A team that's only good enough to scare piss poor Serie A teams and choke in a credible challenge.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I just wondered if you thought Conte was another Mancini? So far I make him 1/2 as far as Europe goes.
Conte, given his age, can only get better. He's already overachieved really in two seasons.

That said, if another early EL exit is on the cards and history repeats itself next season too in the CL. A change could well be the only way to go further. Still too early to judge though.

Homero Vidal

Jan 3, 2014
I think we all agree that UEL is a shity tournament, it doesn't bring us prestige nor economic benefits. But if you see the teams that are left: Shakhtar, Tottenham, Valencia, Ajax, Porto, Fiorentina, Napoli, they are all less than Juventus.
Now more than ever the tournament has weak opponents, besides it's a matter of time for Juve to win the league and concentrate in winning this little europa tournament.
Also we have to start winning something outside Italy to gain confidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)