Antonio Conte (22 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Homero Vidal

Jan 3, 2014
So, today CONTE was interviewed by the most important TV Sports Network in the continent (ESPN) and he said something I didn't like. First I want to say I'm very disappointed of the performance of our team and especially of his tactical decissions in european competitions, this UCL and even the last one.
In this interview he was asked about the Europa League and with his answers I think I understand our failure in UCL.
He said that winning UEL wasn't a goal, despite that the final is play in Torino. He said that he didn't like that the competition is play on Thursdays, that there's not going to be enough rest, that he had seen the fixtures and realized we were going to play every week. He said that winning UEL was going to be very difficult so he just wanted to get as far as possible, but he never compromised to win it.

With these kind of thoughts I understand why we fail in UCL. If you are Juventus and your competition to win the UEL is Tottenham, Shakhtar, Valencia and Fiorentina, you MUST compromised to win the tournament, especially this Juve and the ENORMOUS difference between our squad and the rest of the teams.

I was disappointed of how we face european tournaments before this interview, now I just confirm the lack of ambition of our coach.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
So, today CONTE was interviewed by the most important TV Sports Network in the continent (ESPN) and he said something I didn't like. First I want to say I'm very disappointed of the performance of our team and especially of his tactical decissions in european competitions, this UCL and even the last one.
In this interview he was asked about the Europa League and with his answers I think I understand our failure in UCL.
He said that winning UEL wasn't a goal, despite that the final is play in Torino. He said that he didn't like that the competition is play on Thursdays, that there's not going to be enough rest, that he had seen the fixtures and realized we were going to play every week. He said that winning UEL was going to be very difficult so he just wanted to get as far as possible, but he never compromised to win it.

With these kind of thoughts I understand why we fail in UCL. If you are Juventus and your competition to win the UEL is Tottenham, Shakhtar, Valencia and Fiorentina, you MUST compromised to win the tournament, especially this Juve and the ENORMOUS difference between our squad and the rest of the teams.

I was disappointed of how we face european tournaments before this interview, now I just confirm the lack of ambition of our coach.
No shocks or surprises in his comments. Clear as fuck Conte (and most likely Marotta and Agnelli as well) really couldn't care less about the EL, it will not shock me one bit if were eliminated by Trabzonspor.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The thing is, Conte can rotate players better and not compromise much. For example, when you're facing a small team at home, you can rest a few starters. If the game is in doubt you can always sub them in.

Instead, Conte plays the first choice XI for 90 minutes regardless. FFS, we were beating Samp 4-2 at home in the 78th minute and he waited 10 minutes to sub our strikers. Then they're benched for the Coppa.

It's possible we could have rested Tevez vs. Samp and still won, then he could play against Roma. Simple management really.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
It would have taken Italian and European football by storm.
It would be a new brand of football.

they could just header to each other all the way up pitch playing keepy off with the opposition until they reach the penalty box where 2 of them would crowd the goalie out and the other will do a big header into the goal.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
You have to make small steps. We have been thrown out of the CL after drawing with teams like Copenhagen and Gala. We need to get used to European competition. What better way than to do it against the likes of Tottenham and Valencia?

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
:touched:

lucky we had such a master tactician on the bench
Del blax outdid himself that night. He subbed in grosso. can't remember for whom exactly, a few players switched places following the genius move and pretty sure grosso got in to play on left midfeild while chasing the game. don't even know if that was supposed to be sorta like a damage control move or what.
Thank fck for Conte.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Serie A is the best and only 'excuse' (reason) needed.
Other teams around Europe have leagues too but they still focus on Europe. I don't see Bayern, Madrid or even clubs like atletico Madrid ( though they have a chance to win la liga for the first time in 15 years) saying we will focus on our leagues and field our reserves in Europe !

I really hope Conte don't do that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)