Antonio Conte (57 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Not to defend Conte but ever since the 90's when ive started following Juve we always struggled in cup type competitions (whether in Europe or Domestically).

Add the fact that we've got a bonucci type of defenders who are prone to stupid errors in these types of games and you'll get a team that is "fantastic" in the league (perhaps one of the best Juve teams that I've personally seen) yet a team that struggles in Europe and in Coppa Italia.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
X my man. You know I love you. The fact that Roma were horrible doesn't negate the fact that we sucked even more. They looked hungrier and more purposeful, whereas we were just strolling out there.

We never looked like causing them any problem (barring the annulled goal), and they were just more energetic.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
roma played like $#@!

roma had 2 shots on target one was the goal and the other some lame shot from outside the box which did not trouble storari, the real story is we got $#@!ed by the refs

- - - Updated - - -

i care but i am not gotta mourn like our season is over, furthermore your theory of mistakes balancing out makes no sense here, this is a one game elimination, not some 38 game campaign, it would be like telling england in 86 it's ok maradona scored on you with his hand but it balances out, makes no sense
In which sentence did I actually said mistakes balancing? Please don't make your assumptions. What i said was if you weren't complaining about referees favoring us then don't complain when it goes against us. R u a hypocrite, if you are there's no point in this debate.

Oh you care suddenly. Well some people shows different ways of lamenting a defeat. Its free forum by the way and no one is mourning.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
X my man. You know I love you. The fact that Roma were horrible doesn't negate the fact that we sucked even more. They looked hungrier and more purposeful, whereas we were just strolling out there.

We never looked like causing them any problem (barring the annulled goal), and they were just more energetic.

love you too homie, the thing is our gameplan was to play like we did in turin, which is to suck up the pressure then kick it up in gear in bursts, if you remember that turin game we had less possession than they did but hit em on the counter effectively. of course with so many starters missing we wouldnt be as fluid going forward, yes roma wanted it more but we had completely contained and stood a good chance to advance and imo would have if not for the ref totally fucking us over.

- - - Updated - - -

In which sentence did I actually said mistakes balancing? Please don't make your assumptions. What i said was if you weren't complaining about referees favoring us then don't complain when it goes against us. R u a hypocrite, if you are there's no point in this debate.

Oh you care suddenly. Well some people shows different ways of lamenting a defeat. Its free forum by the way and no one is mourning.

yes sorry for not referring to the whole balancing out thing like you eloquently did "shit happens". But still my argument holds this is not serie A or any other competition for that matter so all events outside of this are irrelevant. so feel free to show me these mistakes we benefited from in coppa italia. Since you are not too bright and are probably a girl(you argue like one) let me break some things down for you:

FYI

LAMENT

mourn (a person's loss or death).
"he was lamenting the death of his infant daughter"
synonyms: mourn, grieve, sorrow, wail, weep, cry, sob, keen, beat one's breast

also FYI

free forum, i can care, respond, get or not get over it as i please

and finally FYI

feel free to respond to get schooled some more

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
love you too homie, the thing is our gameplan was to play like we did in turin, which is to suck up the pressure then kick it up in gear in bursts, if you remember that turin game we had less possession than they did but hit em on the counter effectively. of course with so many starters missing we wouldnt be as fluid going forward, yes roma wanted it more but we had completely contained and stood a good chance to advance and imo would have if not for the ref totally $#@!ing us over.

- - - Updated - - -

yes sorry for not referring to the whole balancing out thing like you eloquently did "$#@! happens". But still my argument holds this is not serie A or any other competition for that matter so all events outside of this are irrelevant. so feel free to show me these mistakes we benefited from in coppa italia. Since you are not too bright and are probably a girl(you argue like one) let me break some things down for you:

FYI

LAMENT

mourn (a person's loss or death).
"he was lamenting the death of his infant daughter"
synonyms: mourn, grieve, sorrow, wail, weep, cry, sob, keen, beat one's breast

also FYI

free forum, i can care, respond, get or not get over it as i please

and finally FYI

feel free to respond to get schooled some more
Like i said no point arguing with a hypocrite when you conveniently choose certain events. Then why bother.

If it makes you feel teacher good for you. :shutup:

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
not only do you argue like a little girl you also run back home at the first sign of 'trouble' like one.
What I am suppose to argue like spoilt brat by name calling?

If you got points, i can reply with points. Otherwise, if you wanna see who can insult the other person better, then I declare yourself as the great winner.

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
I really don't like his rotations he makes our players really look bad. Why does he have to rotate both wing backs and both strikers. Gio and Quag can't play together, play Gio with Llorente or Quag with Tevez if he really wants to rotate. Or at least one of the Licht or Asamoah should play, not both on bench. We had really weak team yesterday. Expecting a good results against that Roma side on their own ground was stupid. In first half we had zero shots on target.

I don't think Conte is interested to win Coppa Italia, I remember vs Napoli in final, or last year vs Lazio. He just don't care. Coppa for Conte it's just a competition to make bench players happy with playing time.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I really don't like his rotations he makes our players really look bad. Why does he have to rotate both wing backs and both strikers. Gio and Quag can't play together, play Gio with Llorente or Quag with Tevez if he really wants to rotate. Or at least one of the Licht or Asamoah should play, not both on bench. We had really weak team yesterday. Expecting a good results against that Roma side on their own grown was stupid. In first half we had zero shots on target.

I don't think Conte is interested to win Coppa Italia, I remember vs Napoli in final, or last year vs Lazio. He just don't care. Coppa for Conte it's just a competition to make bench players happy with playing time.
so he interested in the UEFA Champions

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The fact that we could have won this game had we started the first team is why this defeat hurts. The coppa is not a prestigious trophy but I wouldnt mind having it next to the scudetto. We have a good lead in the scudetto anyway I dont see us threatened.

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
BTW no one seems to notice our B team gave Roma the jitters. Roma players are declaring that we are equals.
It wasn't a B team! Ljajic and Pjanic came off the bench. Destro didn't even play. Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Barzagli, Chiellini, Bonucci are not B team so nothing to be proud.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #27,018
    It wasn't a B team! Ljajic and Pjanic came off the bench. Destro didn't even play. Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Barzagli, Chiellini, Bonucci are not B team so nothing to be proud.
    Ljajic usually comes from the bench while Destro has been injured for a long time, he's just getting 20 mins or so to get into shape. So no, they pretty much played their best XI, bar Pjanic (who is vital for them as we've seen).

As for us we've missed Buffon, Pogba, Asamoah, Licht, Llorente and Tevez. Sure, we had half our players, but we missed the vital part of the team. You can't expect much from Peluso and Isla nor from Quag and Giovinco who never played together.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I know this is the usual hyperbole but I don't really get the coward part. What is he supposed to be scared of, exactly? We always play fringe players in the cup, that'll be the same whether we have Conte or He-Man in charge, as long as we have a team which is challenging for the scudetto. He trusts those players to be good enough to win even the most difficult domestic game on paper, and even though they aren't as good as the starters they took the game very close.

So how would he have been 'brave' in this game? Play the strongest XI? Perhaps we should do that every game, be very brave.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    I wish he would publicly state that he sees the cup as an opportunity to give fringe players a chance. Instead of talking up games like this only to practically hand teams the win.

Also, I hope he realises that Isla isn't fit to play for this club in ANY competition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)