Antonio Conte (127 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I firmly believe he will take a different approach in the EL than the Coppa.
Me too.
They all talked about the EL,Agnelli,Marotta and the players as well,about the final being in Turin,and it's important and all...

About the Coppa?you just hear the regular stuff saying,yeah we go for all comptetions bla bla bla,but that's a regular thing to say.
And Conte always mentions that he uses 2nd team in the Coppa,so the Club together with Conte just DO NOT CARE about the Coppa.
Shame or not but that has been the case for few years now...19 actually!

And besides the silver star we don't need that cup really.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Me too.
They all talked about the EL,Agnelli,Marotta and the players as well,about the final being in Turin,and it's important and all...

About the Coppa?you just hear the regular stuff saying,yeah we go for all comptetions bla bla bla,but that's a regular thing to say.
And Conte always mentions that he uses 2nd team in the Coppa,so the Club together with Conte just DO NOT CARE about the Coppa.
Shame or not but that has been the case for few years now...19 actually!

And besides the silver star we don't need that cup really.
Have you ever heard of the saying "Success breeds success"?

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If the same thing happens in the EL, we should really go for a foriegn coach who has a track record of taking the CL seriously

Some good teams win playing great football in the CL
Others win Ugly

We just lose Ugly. There are no positives to take from our knock out based cup performances.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Have you ever heard of the saying "Success breeds success"?
Yes,but you can clearly see that the big clubs in Italy don't count that as a success,(Juve,Milan and even Inter)especially Juve.
And Juve and Conte don't feel a failure when they crush out of the Coppa for 19th time in a row,it's obvious in the interviews,and the approach on the pitch in these matches.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Except, we use the exact same approach in another cup competition. The Champions League. Which happens to be THE mother of trophies.

This 5-3-2 counter attacking (With players who can't counter no less) bullshit needs to stop after this season.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Like I said, he has one last chance at a cup competition. If we look like we have done in every other cup competition under Conte, then he's taken us as far as he can.

He can take his 5-5-0, his man love for mediocre italians and his obsession with defending. And go elsewhere.

If he shows some balls and we walk through teams we really should be walking through, then he deserves one last crack at the CL. With some f*cking Wingers.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
Like I said, he has one last chance at a cup competition. If we look like we have done in every other cup competition under Conte, then he's taken us as far as he can.

He can take his 5-5-0, his man love for mediocre italians and his obsession with defending. And go elsewhere.

If he shows some balls and we walk through teams we really should be walking through, then he deserves one last crack at the CL. With some f*cking Wingers.
He has already won two Supercoppas.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I get the disappointment, but the "Conte out" talk, I do not understand. He's not the finished article yet, this is true, but he will get it right some day. What matters is that he's a huge part of why we are undergoing a winning cycle now, at the club. Perhaps some of us won't realize what we have until it's gone. Personally, I hope he stays for a long time and does become our "Ferguson".

The Coppa Italia aside (since it's such a small trophy), him not winning the CL in his 3rd season in charge should hardly be grounds for sacking him. Especially when he's bringing scudetti to the table. Alex Ferguson won 2 CL's in a 27 year stint at Manchested United.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Let's look at the whole picture from Agnelli's pov. He's on the verge of something special here, winning 3 back to back scudetti for his family's team after what? 80 some years?, making his name to the Juventus and Agnelli family history books... then you can bet he makes the 3rd scudetto his main objective this year and also makes sure that Cone "gets" this.
Coppa, EL are the side bonuses, if they are achieved, even better, if not he doesn't care, I bet even if we were still in the CL and at the same time were risking our scudetto chances he would've pulled the plug on the CL as well.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I get the disappointment, but the "Conte out" talk, I do not understand. He's not the finished article yet, this is true, but he will get it right some day. What matters is that he's a huge part of why we are undergoing a winning cycle now, at the club. Perhaps some of us won't realize what we have until it's gone. Personally, I hope he stays for a long time and does become our "Ferguson".

The Coppa Italia aside (since it's such a small trophy), him not winning the CL in his 3rd season in charge should hardly be grounds for sacking him. Especially when he's bringing scudetti to the table. Alex Ferguson won 2 CL's in a 27 year stint at Manchested United.
:tup:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
It's not about winning the CL, it's about being continually competitive within the CL. Like all the big teams usually are.

The way we played, the way we always seem to play in big cup games... is just terrible. It doesn't reflect the quality of our squad.

Something's not right, it's Contes job to fix that. And if he can't make any progress in solving the problem after 3 straight years. Then he probably isn't the right man for the job

We're in the EL now, we are the favourites to win it on paper, and if we make the final we have a firm advantage. So if we get knocked out by a shitty team because of our negative, conservative tactics. Then it's clear that Conte isn't doing a good enough job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)