Antonio Conte (126 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
I wish he would publicly state that he sees the cup as an opportunity to give fringe players a chance. Instead of talking up games like this only to practically hand teams the win.

Also, I hope he realises that Isla isn't fit to play for this club in ANY competition
The Coppa Italia represents a great opportunity to give game time to those who have played less, players in whom I have great trust, the likes of Giaccherini, Marrone, Padoin and Caceres.
happy now?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Conte cares too much about subs' feelings.
This is not something that started with Conte. Usually subs get their chance in Coppa, always been like that; coaches like Lippi, Capello and Ancelloti all did the same. I don't necessarily agree with that and vs strong sides it would be wise to field best players available. We've been waiting for another triumph in Coppa for almost 20 years now, hilarious.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
the spirit should be "we have to win every game, so I'm gonna field the guys who I believe will win this particular game, no "deals", no promises... you don't like it? GTFO!"
A coach can't take it on a game by game basis, they always have to look at it across spell of games, usually the ones directly before and after.

Your approach is fine in theory, if everything is going smoothly. Loss of form, who do I turn to? I have no subs because no one wants to play 5 games per season. Injury, who do I turn to? You basically have 12-14 first team players and then a bunch of kids if you want that approach.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I wish he would publicly state that he sees the cup as an opportunity to give fringe players a chance. Instead of talking up games like this only to practically hand teams the win.

Also, I hope he realises that Isla isn't fit to play for this club in ANY competition
ffs play them against weak Serie A teams... rotation should not be based on the competition but on the opponent.
Exactly. There also should almost never be so many changes at once too.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Our second string don't perform in a 3-5-2, if he was going to change the personnel he should have changed formation also in my book.

He really has to do well in the EL or otherwise doubts will start to creep in about his ability in cup competitions.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah let's underestimate the opponents.

Yes because putting out half a team against our Scudetto rivals and boosting their confidence is not undrestimating Roma at all.

As opposed to resting 3 players against Lazio, a team we beat 8-1 in aggregate over the Supercup and league game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, i'm not convinced 3-5-2 works at all with 2nd string players.

The 3-5-2 needs effective wing backs and an effective strike partnership to work, we have neither when we use so many squad players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 125)